LOST: The Final Season -Part 2- It only ends once

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonocomet

Blue Crack Distributor
(Sorry about the thread title :wink: )

I can't believe I have watched this show for almost 6 years now (since day 1!), and it will soon be over. Thanks for a fun ride LOST :wave:

teamdarlton.jpg

Lostfinalflight.jpg

I watched the first season all on reruns. I couldn't watch the first episode when it originally aired because I was getting on a plane the next day and the commercials just kept repeating the plane crash. So that was not a good idea.

After that I was hooked. I'm going to miss it :( I wonder what will happen to all of the actors. Sawyer better get another tv job asap-for my sake :wink:

Woops. Accidentally posted this in the old thread.

I really need to rewatch the entire series once Season 6 is out on dvd.... I don't remember that at all!

Consider yourself lucky. Knowing what we now know and what the producers/writers/etc. clearly didn't know themselves, at the time, pretty much nothing that the Others did for the first 2/3 seasons makes any sense in even the most remote of ways. A lot of it makes slivers of sense in intent, but not at all in execution or in the light of subsequent seasons. I assume they didn't want to tell the candidates that they were candidates because, you know, that would sort of defeat the purpose of their proving that they are worthy of being candidates in the first place...but torturing them, imprisoning them, trying to kill them (Charlie was a candidate, amongst many others) or get them to kill each other, asking to be shot rather than just admitting, "Yes, we have the internet, but weather.com never gives reliable forecasts and 4chan banned our IPs because of...an incident," and so forth? Not so much. It's pretty upsetting, going back and re-watching those particular elements, simply because they didn't need to be for naught.

The motivation that you can force onto all of it is one that actually sort of holds up--Ben was jealous/desperate/whatever, wanted himself to be the candidate, and therefore tried to fuck with shit while insisting, "It's for your own good, bitches." That works, even if he knows that his plan itself won't work because he understands the island. But it doesn't explain why regular-ass, nice guy Ethan is a sociopath murderer or, for example, the Klugh hijinx. Or why Juliet was branded. Or why Kate had to wear a dress. The Others were clearly all about Jacob, and with Alpert allegedly acting as the go-between, none of it makes sense. Although it is really cool to see how stoked they all are, when dumb-ass Locke shows up at their camp, in season 3. We know now that they're hella-jazzed because they'd been waiting for his return for, like, 50 years.

...Then again, if that was the case, then why the hell was he allowed to chill on the beach, unmolested, for like 80 days? Who the fuck knows?

Consider yourself lucky. Knowing what we now know and what the producers/writers/etc. clearly didn't know themselves, at the time, pretty much nothing that the Others did for the first 2/3 seasons makes any sense in even the most remote of ways. A lot of it makes slivers of sense in intent, but not at all in execution or in the light of subsequent seasons. I assume they didn't want to tell the candidates that they were candidates because, you know, that would sort of defeat the purpose of their proving that they are worthy of being candidates in the first place...but torturing them, imprisoning them, trying to kill them (Charlie was a candidate, amongst many others) or get them to kill each other, asking to be shot rather than just admitting, "Yes, we have the internet, but weather.com never gives reliable forecasts and 4chan banned our IPs because of...an incident," and so forth? Not so much. It's pretty upsetting, going back and re-watching those particular elements, simply because they didn't need to be for naught.

The motivation that you can force onto all of it is one that actually sort of holds up--Ben was jealous/desperate/whatever, wanted himself to be the candidate, and therefore tried to fuck with shit while insisting, "It's for your own good, bitches." That works, even if he knows that his plan itself won't work because he understands the island. But it doesn't explain why regular-ass, nice guy Ethan is a sociopath murderer or, for example, the Klugh hijinx. Or why Juliet was branded. Or why Kate had to wear a dress. The Others were clearly all about Jacob, and with Alpert allegedly acting as the go-between, none of it makes sense. Although it is really cool to see how stoked they all are, when dumb-ass Locke shows up at their camp, in season 3. We know now that they're hella-jazzed because they'd been waiting for his return for, like, 50 years.

...Then again, if that was the case, then why the hell was he allowed to chill on the beach, unmolested, for like 80 days? Who the fuck knows?

that is just it

none of it adds up,
it jumped the tracks early on

hard core fans have just been filling in the holes with their own narratives and conveniently leaving out or ignoring what does not fit.

I'm a fan, there are enough elements of the show that make it worth watching
but the writing, that any of this will all add up is just wishful thinking.

the best ending for me

which I doubt they will give us.

Is for smokey to kill off the remaining candidates over the next couple of episodes, and do it with some emotion and great musical scoring, a la Charlie's death scene
throw in a couple of interesting flash sideways, like the last one with Jack trying to help Locke, and have all the other Losties wheel by doing just fine with their lives in this reality

then at the finale let the remaining candidate, Jack get in some death match where he and smoking both go up in flames, or an explosion, or fall into a volcano, and then the island gets swallowed by the ocean

then Jack gets zapped back to the most recent flash sideways, and it becomes apparent that that is the true present and all the island time, with Ben killing his father and all those other people, the plane's crash landings, Widmore and everything for all six seasons was the real flash sideways and with the island and smokey gone, it is gone forever

but Jack has some eerie recollection of it as he sees all the other losties Jin, Sun + baby, Charlie, Boone and all the rest of the cast alive for the 'happily ever after'.

not quite a jacob's ladder or Ox-Bow Incident, because Jack will have some physical evidence that he was on the island, that all of that crap really happened

It has been amazing! :up: I can't wait to get the box set and watch it all from the beginning again. I'm sure there will be a lot of things that will make more sense once it's ended.

I cannot even imagine how it's going to feel when the episode cuts to the LOST-on-black title card for the last time. Whether I love the episode or dislike it, it's going to be a strange, hollow feeling. Either way, it'll really, truly be over. God, I both can't wait and wish that it would never have to happen.

It has been amazing! :up: I can't wait to get the box set and watch it all from the beginning again. I'm sure there will be a lot of things that will make more sense once it's ended.

wishful thinking

these are not true events that have a basis in actual fact

it is a fiction that the multiple writers muddied up over six years following whims that suited them at those times.

i was so bummed when nip/tuck ended :sad:

this is going to be just as bad

I can't wait to get the box set and watch it all from the beginning again. I'm sure there will be a lot of things that will make more sense once it's ended.

I've collected the seasons on dvd as they came out and often watch the old episodes. I don't have a lot of time for tv so in the evenings if I don't feel like committing to a movie and since I only watch one other show besides Lost I'll just randomly pick a Lost disc and watch a couple episides. Over the years I've seen each episode at least four or five times so it's easy for me to remember little details.

I recently watched "Whatever the Case May Be" and it was such a great episode. I really love the older episodes. The pacing, the tension. Compared to this season, it almost feels like a different show.

wishful thinking

these are not true events that have a basis in actual fact

it is a fiction that the multiple writers muddied up over six years following whims that suited them at those times.

In your opinion, maybe. :)

YEP.. this is gonna suck big time! Can someone call Hiro and have him freeze time so we don't have to face the finale.. :sad:

Who's Hiro? Am I forgetting a character? :hmm:

Apparently the latest issue of EW is dedicated to Lost. Don't know if I want to buy it or not, in case there are spoilers in there. :lol: Maybe I'll buy it, and wait until the finale has aired to read it. :lol:

I have it. There are covers for each character. I have a subscription and they sent me Sawyer. There weren't really any spoilers in it. I read it and didn't regret it.

I have it. There are covers for each character. I have a subscription and they sent me Sawyer. There weren't really any spoilers in it. I read it and didn't regret it.

I got Hurley. Haven't read it yet. I'm about a month behind on my magazines, so there are 4 EWs sitting mocking me.

We got Smock :up: My daughter actually checked a bunch of stores and NO stores got the individual covers, they all only had the group shot cover, at least around here. But you can order the individual covers at EW online, $4 each and one $4 shipping charge.

My friend just told me her daughter is in a film with Jin (Daniel Dae Kim) and Sam Jackson that is being shot in S Carolina. cool.

oh i hadn't looked at the entertainment mags... I'll have to get a EW!

I was really bummed out when :heart: Babylon Five & :heart:Battlestar Galactica ( the ReBoot) were finally done. I watched just about all of B5 from the start and much of BSG from early on.

this is a bit more complex b/c I came in near the beginning/ and soonleft b/c of a tv hogging roomate./
WHn i got my own tv... i found the reruns one night & started watch them( 2 EPS each Sat night) for the past 2 years. They didn't go through all the pre-seasons (1 - 4) consecutively often jumped back to S1 or S4.

But became intrigued enough to became a fan.
SO i still have a bit to a bunch of eps to see first time.

i'm going to have 'the end' by the doors playing in my head for a while now

Back
Top Bottom