LOST: The Final Season -Part 2- It only ends once

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sports columnist Bill Simmons had a long podcast with Carlton Cuse, and about 90% of that conversation is about LOST. A handful of repeat quotes from other interviews, but this is a much looser talk that gives a bit more info and less-guarded responses. And it's really funny at times.

Bill Simmons - The Sports Guy - Page 2 - ESPN

Podcast is on the right side of the page under "The B.S. Report".

They can't give away major plot points like that (sometimes seasons in advance), and to use those examples to point and said "Ha, ha! They don't know wtf they're doing, they never had a plan!" is simply ridiculous.

Similarly, the biblical/mystical elements, it's not as if they could answer that question "honestly" either. Wait...I said that before. ;)

Any time you get too far in the past, the whole issue of accents and languages becomes moot....

But in terms of being unrealistic, the final words between Jin and Sun were far worse. That did bother me. I really felt they should have spoken in Korean.

I just feel like, yeah, there are some clumsy moments.

But it could be worse.

It could be Flashforward.

Have to agree, while they are trying to tie it all up admirably, some of it does feel clumsy. The Adam and Eve flash was unnecessary.

And whole-heartedly agree with your last sentence there!!

After watching that preview and reading that very good interview I still VERY much believe that the island serves as both the origin of life (paradise lost?) and a gateway (along the lines of purgatory mythology) or testing ground for redemption/resolution of lost souls. And that they are all dead as doorknobs. It makes perfect sense to me and the time-travel / other world aspect doesn't seem necessarily incongruent with that, in terms of what sort of tests the 'life force' could construct for each individual/group of individuals.

One thing is for sure...this thread will be alive and well for quite some time beyond the finale! :yes:

After watching that preview and reading that very good interview I still VERY much believe that the island serves as both the origin of life (paradise lost?) and a gateway (along the lines of purgatory mythology) or testing ground for redemption/resolution of lost souls. And that they are all dead as doorknobs. It makes perfect sense to me and the time-travel / other world aspect doesn't seem necessarily incongruent with that, in terms of what sort of tests the 'life force' could construct for each individual/group of individuals.

One thing is for sure...this thread will be alive and well for quite some time beyond the finale! :yes:

And THAT is the greatest thing about LOST! All of the thought and discussion it creates. No other TV show does that. I'm going to miss that.

I should have pointed out that the finale preview thing I posted earlier is fan made. However it was Damon Lindelof that posted it on his Twitter account and said "WOW".

Sounds like tomorrow's episode is going to be a good one. A lot of positive feedback from those who have seen it (at the orchestra party thing).

Something else I take issue with (not directed at you, Daddysgonnapay, your post just reminded me of it)...when people pull out old quotes of Darlton saying "the show is not going to involve X." Mostly it's time travel, but I've even seen an old quote pulled this week on another site where they said the series won't involve any sort of twin relationship.

How are they supposed to answer questions like that?? "Yes, the series is going to get heavily into time travel in season whatever?" They can't give away major plot points like that (sometimes seasons in advance), and to use those examples to point and said "Ha, ha! They don't know wtf they're doing, they never had a plan!" is simply ridiculous.

THIS.
certainly makes sense to me, VP! :yes:

Ha, that was me.
:lol::lol::wink:

I keep reading the argument that they're rushing things because the end is near, but I don't agree with that, either. They've known the end date since the end of season 3. It's not like they were sitting in the writers room in January or February and suddenly said "holy shit guys! I don't know where the time went, but we need to wrap this sucker up!" And then they started cramming things they'd previously forgotten in. Seriously. Consider that - do you think that's a likely scenario?

We're seeing the story unfold as they envisioned it, at the pace they thought best, and as they decided to tell it, period. If someone doesn't like the story they're telling, fine, I don't have a problem with that at all. If you don't like it because it feels rushed to you? That's fine too. But to say that the writers rushed it? No they didn't.

I should quit talking about Lost. I'm a little touchy this week because a major part of the enjoyment of the show for me is reading online, and people out there are just being poopy-heads about it, thus ruining my enjoyment. ;)

:lol:

Interesting points, VP.

SInce I wasn't watching S.3 in Real Time/ nor following the show again (yet) I didn't know they already had their end-date set up.

Yeah, my daughters have been going crazy keeping radio silence around me. :lol:
:lol::lol::hug:
glad your daughters have been good on that!

*THANKS* for posting the composer's Lost YT stuff!:hyper:
Sounds great, bc !

This is one of the few shows for me that the Music -- I don't catch it too much . :huh: I've "heard" a little that i really liked.

I think it's b/c between having much newer eye problems (stemming from born-wth very near sighted eyes to begin with), and hearing problems (again born with PLUS R&R concert damage :uhoh: :reject:) ...
I'm having more trouble following dialogue, sometimes missing more small visual details etc for the first time ever. :sigh:
So I think I'm missing the music in the "race" to concentration/ keep up/ catch up with the series/eps.

WHen I eventually get to re-watch it more in sequence THIS time/ catching more of the stuff i've missed.....
once that happens I bet the music will show up more for me fiannlly !

I love good/great film and TV music! So it's kind of :( having to struggle for now with it.

OH, and me & my sis Loved UP and the Music for it !

Marilyn Manson's painting of John Locke

manson-john-locke.jpg

I cannot wait for tonight's show. I've done a great job of avoiding the spoiler threads online, but have been reading the threads where they've asked for only reactions and it's been great. Much better than Across the Seas reaction.

i tried to go swimming today during lunch so i wouldn't have to go after work.

the pools hours were different than what was online so i couldn't.

i'd go after work, but i'm so hooked to watching lost online on east coast time!!!

i tried to go swimming today during lunch so i wouldn't have to go after work.

the pools hours were different than what was online so i couldn't.

i'd go after work, but i'm so hooked to watching lost online on east coast time!!!

:lol:

Too bad the pool area didn't have a big TV screen!

Then you could at least float in the water while watching, and swim on Commercials!

came straight home, put sausage for spaghetti sauce on the stove and threw some clothes in the washer. as soon as the first break hits, it will be a mad dash to put them in the dryer!

i need to make sure i don't put the sausage in the dryer and the clothes in the crock pot. :lol:

15 minutes!!!1

Pretty good. Momentum seems to be building, my hopes are ever increasing. Still really enjoying the Jack/Locke stuff in the sideways dealie. Pretty lukewarm on the rest, but next week should bring the fuckin' lulz with the Drive Shaft + Faraday "avant garde" musical disco ball of love. Can't imagine Laz being too pleased with the 180-180-180-180 arc that Ben has now completed, this most recent about-face coming approximately...what, 20 hours after the last one? lol Something like that, anyway. At least we can agree on that being S5 finale-level silly. :wink:

Something about the way Jack became the new protector seemed way too easy. "I'll do it." I don't know, I just think there's gotta be more to that than meets the eye. I might be wrong.

Maybe not as awesome a set up for the finale as I had imagined, but I'm excited for the big meet up at the concert. I like the idea of this concert being the set piece for the big alternate universe reunion and whatever Des has planned for it. Music, drinks, Kate in a sexy black dress, Faraday, Jack's mystery ex-wife, Driveshaft, etc.

Still over one hour til air time here on the West Coast.

Came in here and got SPOILED all over.

But, that's ok, the way they have been writing Lost lately.

Reading spoilers may be the best way to go. :up:

Back
Top Bottom