LOST: The Final Season -Part 2- It only ends once

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about Juliet being brought to the island?

first, this whole thing is a fiction

we are only discussing what or how we perceive the story to work

Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse the main Lost Boys, are not taking any questions or offering any clarifications.

But, since you brought up Juliet,
can anyone who wants to make the case that everything that happened on the island is supposed to be real explain the following.

And I have no problem suspending some disbelief for story lines to work.

But, when she was banging on the H Bomb trigger device, and we get this huge explosion, 2 feet from her, that does not blow her to kingdom come,
we see her in the same condition as before the blast?

Also, if the island time wasn't real and they all died in the original 815 crash, they wouldn't have gotten to know each other, and thus, wouldn't have been important to each other, nullifying their need to meet again in the afterlife (and, the entire purpose of the show).

Exactly. I didn't even need to list the other questions. The Juliet thing alone is enough. She couldn't possibly be Sawyer's person if he had died on impact and never met her.

Exactly. I didn't even need to list the other questions. The Juliet thing alone is enough. She couldn't possibly be Sawyer's person if he had died on impact and never met her.

since you are talking about her, how did she survive the H-Bomb blast?
(to die in Sawyer's arms)

But, when she was banging on the H Bomb trigger device, and we get this huge explosion, 2 feet from her, that does not blow her to kingdom come,
we see her in the same condition as before the blast?

That is actually a valid question. I remember reading something that someone posted on another site regarding the bomb and its core and it really went beyond my understanding of weaponry (which is pretty much nonexistent), but their point was that something was done to make the bomb less powerful than it could have been, preventing her from being blown to bits.

I just mentioned this to my daughter, and she said that her theory is that the bomb didn't go off, that Juliet hitting it just happened to coincide with "The Incident" occurring - that we never did see an explosion, Juliet hit the bomb, and then the show went to the end logo, but instead of white on black the way the logo usually appears, it was black on white.

So, I guess I really have no answer, but regardless, that isn't enough to make me think that the 815 people died on impact.

Hard to believe there was no explosion.

I don't recall there being a blast crater, before she got pulled down in the well/ mine.

Also when Sawyer was holding her in his arms, the H-Bomd device was not there, unless I am mistaken?

A safer catch all explantion might be that the island just has magical powers-
people die and undie when it is their time, and they die for the last and real time when the time is right for them. (or the story)

Hard to believe there was no explosion.

I don't recall there being a blast crater, before she got pulled down in the well/ mine.

Also when Sawyer was holding her in his arms, the H-Bomd device was not there, unless I am mistaken?

A safer catch all explantion might be that the island just has magical powers-
people die and undie when it is their time, and they die for the last and real time when the time is right for them. (or the story)

The reason for the well or shaft or whatever turning into a crater is that in '77, the time they were in when they threw the bomb down it, it was just a well or shaft, but it was also the future site of the Swan Station (the hatch, which was built after '77). In the "it wasn't an explosion, it was The Incident" scenario, after Juliet hit the bomb, the incident caused them to go forward in time, to 2007, which was after the hatch had imploded. That's what left the crater - the hatch imploding at the end of season 2.

Not sure about the bomb being shown in the scene with her and Sawyer. I would guess that either it didn't make the time jump, or it just wasn't in the scene.

If an H-Bomb actually did go off, Juliet wouldn't be the only one vaporized. She may have been the closest to it, but the rest of the people at the site wouldn't be in one piece either.

So, pointless question.

I thought this was maybe THE most stunningly obvious "question" people had after the show.

What I've found on the Lost forums/discussions is that the finale had the effect of lowering the imagination, IQ, memory banks and attention spans of many "hardcore fans" who saw it.

Now THAT is powerful stuff.

I find the bickering back and forth about the show pointless, to be honest. The beauty of LOST is that it was, and always will be, open to interpretation.

For me, at least, I find the evidence pointing to the fact that the Island was real in the LOST universe and that the original 48 survivors did not, in fact, die in the crash to be overwhelming. Again, all I can do is take what the writers have given me and process it however I can.

And I don't know about anyone else, but the ending theme music, 'There's No Place Like Home', has been playing on a loop in my head ever since the finale. I simply cannot shake it.

I find the bickering back and forth about the show pointless, to be honest. The beauty of LOST is that it was, and always will be, open to interpretation.

There are many things open to interpretation. But the notion that they all died when 815 crashed is to completely miss the point of the show and the intentions of its producers--who wanted to give people something to think about, but not in this grossly distorted way. However misleading and convoluted it may have been at times (even in the finale itself), I really don't understand how anyone using logic or deductive reasoning could come up with that idea, or stubbornly stick with it after realizing how many people have explained why it's not the case.

I can live with being thought of as a argumentative jerk but at least I'm not an obtuse fool who's so wrapped up in their lame-brained theories that they can't see the forest for the trees.

People think everyone died in the crash? :slant: I'm not sure how anybody can come to that conclusion.

No offense to these individuals on this thread, but I think the common thread among those who believe they all died in the initial crash is they have had a particularly strong, some might say stubborn view of the show, for quite some time.

And interestingly, I haven't heard really compelling evidence that they all died at the outset. I've not heard a persuasive arguement as to why they should all matter to each other in the after life when they never knew each other when they were alive. If you can make that case, well then maybe you're on to something.

People think everyone died in the crash? :slant: I'm not sure how anybody can come to that conclusion.

It's just utterly ridiculous.

ABC : "yeah, sorry, the footage does NOT mean to imply they died in the crash"

Stubborn Lost watcher who has not been paying attention "yes, they all died in the crash"

ps i was being sarcastic

I figured as much. :).

I don't seem to recall you've had a particular theory or pet view of the show that you've been pushing for weeks (or longer0. Those are the people I'm talking about.

I figured as much. :).

I don't seem to recall you've had a particular theory or pet view of the show that you've been pushing for weeks (or longer0. Those are the people I'm talking about.

i was a bit concerned my post looked too serious for a second there!

i think if these people had already decided what happened from the pilot, or at any point along the way they were going to see their conclusion, despite, you know, all of the evidence flying in the face of that conclusion.

i never wanted to build a conclusion for myself because i felt it was a lot more fun to see where the show took me than to get to the bottom of it as soon as possible - and potentially try to force a square block through a round hole to meet my conclusion once it was over.

I'm still a wee bit confused when exactly Juliet died.

OMG..be careful asking That question....I was ridiculed for not being able to keep up with all the time travel and keeping straight what year they were in and made the mistake of asking in here...:lol:

I'm still a wee bit confused when exactly Juliet died.

She died at the bottom of the shaft/crater, after attempting to set off the bomb, in the scene when Sawyer got down there in time to spend her last minutes with her.

eta - the "when" would be 2007 - it was after they jumped to what was the current island time on the show. The fatal injuries occurred in '77, before the time jump.

i never wanted to build a conclusion for myself because i felt it was a lot more fun to see where the show took me than to get to the bottom of it as soon as possible - and potentially try to force a square block through a round hole to meet my conclusion once it was over.

That's like me, I was content to let the writers tell their story. I had fun theorizing, but I was never so tied to any theory that I was disappointed when it didn't turn out to be correct. I never had any specific expectations as to where or how the story should go, either. That's why I'm kind of surprised at my reaction to the last 10 minutes. It just left me feeling really...empty. The rest of the entire series though? I'm good with it.

She died at the bottom of the shaft/crater, after attempting to set off the bomb, in the scene when Sawyer got down there in time to spend her last minutes with her.

eta - the "when" would be 2007 - it was after they jumped to what was the current island time on the show. The fatal injuries occurred in '77, before the time jump.

:doh:

I'm getting old

That's like me, I was content to let the writers tell their story. I had fun theorizing, but I was never so tied to any theory that I was disappointed when it didn't turn out to be correct. I never had any specific expectations as to where or how the story should go, either. That's why I'm kind of surprised at my reaction to the last 10 minutes. It just left me feeling really...empty. The rest of the entire series though? I'm good with it.

That ending just breaks me up.......so happy for Jack, so sad he dies, sad the series is over.

These types of series rarely have legs, I think they painted themselves into a bit of a corner with an overly aggressive timeline, but I'm guessing they didn't think it would go this strong this long.

Yes their ratings were down, but it was still going strong, probably stronger than they thought it would.

Oh well, Season 6 DVD finale will have post-Hurley-as#1 scenes with Walt so that's something to look forward to.

Yes their ratings were down, but it was still going strong, probably stronger than they thought it would.

Oh well, Season 6 DVD finale will have post-Hurley-as#1 scenes with Walt so that's something to look forward to.

Yeah, the ratings went down. I know people who stopped watching in the 2nd season, it just wasn't their thing. And the trouble is, it's a show that was virtually impossible for a new viewer to just jump into, it was so dense. Another thing is, I think it was heavily PVR'd and downloaded, and those things don't count toward ratings, right? In fact, my daughter told me today she was reading that the series finale was the most heavily downloaded file off of torrent sites, ever. That's kind of awesome.

It sounds like the dvds are going to be jam-packed full of goodies, can't wait!

I found this earlier. It made me smile. And feel a little sad, too.

http://twitpic.com/1rdvxv

106463731.gif

Back
Top Bottom