Lost—Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm curious to know the relationship between Faraday's Mom and Widmore, because since she's working with Ben now and Ben is Widmore's sworn enemy, there must have been a falling out at some point.

In addition, what if Widmore is Daniel Faraday's father?

My only objection is this: Why would Widmore follow them there if he's the one who gave Desmond the address? If he needed Desmond to point him in the right direction, then wouldn't it follow that he'd want to get there before Des and therefore go ahead and not follow?

Maybe he will? I'm sure he's got private planes at his disposal, whereas Desmond would have to fly commercial. In any case, my point is that by sending them there, he now knows where they're headed, as opposed to the past three years when they've been able to live under the radar.

Does anyone read Jeff Jensen's LOST articles on EW? He's a writer for EW who's a big LOST fan... looks like he's also a big HTDAAB fan :wink:

"“Jughead” = U2’s How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. My soundtrack choice for the episode. “Vertigo” = Charlotte. “City of Blinding Lights” = Desmond and Charlie beholding London. (Yes, yes, the song’s about NYC, but go with me.) “All Because of You” and “Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own”: all about “constant” thematics. “Miracle Drug”: the greatest Lost theme, the reconciliation of science and faith, head and heart.

More next week. Namaste!"

Link to the whole episode recap:
'Lost': Doc Jensen's 'Jughead' take | PopWatch Blog | EW.com

Maybe he will? I'm sure he's got private planes at his disposal, whereas Desmond would have to fly commercial. In any case, my point is that by sending them there, he now knows where they're headed, as opposed to the past three years when they've been able to live under the radar.

So what you're saying is that Widmore wouldn't know of Mrs. Faraday's importance until Desmond showed up looking for her? I guess that makes sense.

How would he not know about her importance? They were working together on the island when they were younger, and he's been funding her son's research for years.

How would he not know about her importance? They were working together on the island when they were younger, and he's been funding her son's research for years.

Also true, which brings me back to my original point--Widmore knew where she was, knew who she was. He doesn't need to follow Desmond to LA.

Exactly. And I feel like, as long as he's with Penny, Widmore's not going to do anything to risk harming her. The question is, will Desmond have to choose between getting on Ben's good side by killing Widmore (so Ben doesn't have to follow through on his promise to kill Widmore's daughter), or killing Ben to get on Widmore's good side?

All I know is, major shit is going to go down.

I watched the recording late last night but dozed off I was so tired...and then I accidentally deleted it. :|

Lost is on abc.com, if you have a fast enough connection

They were going to put Lost on On Demand, I wonder what happened with that. Maybe it's on somewhere, I have Comcast and I don't have it.

So what you're saying is that Widmore wouldn't know of Mrs. Faraday's importance until Desmond showed up looking for her? I guess that makes sense.

No, I was only saying that now he'll know for sure where Des and Penny are headed, as opposed to the three years they were sailing around, MIA. I hadn't even considered the implication of Widmore wanting to get to Hawking in LA, but yes, he certainly has reason to, doesn't he?

Did anybody else notice, during the exchange between Faraday and Ellie (when he's up on the platform and she's watching from below), there was a shot of her against the jungle in which, in the upper-right-hand corner of the frame, some gaps in the trees seem to spell out "U2"? I sure did. There's a cut from her to Faraday and then back to her, as she asks him something like, "What are you doing, up there, you bitch?" and he's all like, "Fuck your couch. I'm just having a look." After he says that, it cuts back to here, and there you go. I don't have a screencap, or anything, but I have it on VHS and I swear that them shits is there.

Hm. I've now seen it, yes. Weird, wild stuff.

Somebody back me up, though. It's there, and it says (so to speak) "U2."

Ok. I cannot believe I even went home and checked on this. :doh:

But... yeah... gotta say I did see it pretty easily right away. :lol:

lostu2-1.jpg

Now I guess I'm as crazy as I thought you were. :sigh:

(How on earth did you spot that?)

Honestly, it was the first thing I noticed, in the shot. I dunno. I pay a lot of attention to stuff, generally speaking. Thanks for the cap!

Did anybody else notice, during the exchange between Faraday and Ellie (when he's up on the platform and she's watching from below), there was a shot of her against the jungle in which, in the upper-right-hand corner of the frame, some gaps in the trees seem to spell out "U2"? I sure did. There's a cut from her to Faraday and then back to her, as she asks him something like, "What are you doing, up there, you bitch?" and he's all like, "Fuck your couch. I'm just having a look." After he says that, it cuts back to here, and there you go. I don't have a screencap, or anything, but I have it on VHS and I swear that them shits is there.

Might explain the Joshua Tree poster that was in the hatch :nerd:
Good episode :up:

Has Faraday's mum been introduced yet? I was guessing she is the older blonde woman who worked in the shop and sold Desmond the ring he bought all those seasons ago, and is now back again.

Aaaaand... Alpert and crew were militantly protective back in the 50s, right? So how did the Darma people not end up dead when they arrived years later and able to do all their work?

Aaaaand... Why did Marvin have 2 names? I was sure someone called him Dr Chen or some such, but he is also known as Marvin Candle? Why would this be?

I'm so bloody confused this season.

I'm sure we're going to be finding out a lot more about Dharma and The Others this season, which is cool because I find Alpert the most fascinating character right now.

And Candle doesn't just have 2 names. I'm pretty sure he has like 4 or 5 aliases...

I think that Widmore is a lot like Ben, in that he's always plotting and scheming, and has a few tricks up his sleeve. The almost deference he showed toward Des was just so out of character for him that I don't buy it. I think he's going to use this as an opportunity to track Des and Penny to LA, and then god only knows what he'll do after that.

I was actually wondering just how alike they are, and will Widmore also be forced/end up somehow sacrificing his daughter, or calling a failed bluff just like Linus? As soon as he said to Desmond this was bigger than him or his daughter, I thought Penny's days may be numbered.

Back
Top Bottom