Lost—Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it Lost time yet? I'm thinking about just videoing it and not watching it til I've got like 4 or 5 hours ready to watch.

3 weeks left.
Jan 21st.
That's not bad considering this fucking hiatus was nearly 8 months long.

The season premiere is actually 2 episodes though, so that's cool.

Don't know if it's been discussed at all, but what time frame is the new season in?
When they were all on the island we had flashbacks and such. In the last season they were flashforwards.

Now since the island disappeared, and we're focused on the Oceanic 6 trying to return does that mean we're in the future now, which would now be the present?
If so, then has the island been missing for however many years?

I'm confused..

It's my belief that we'll see two timelines in Season 5. The first will be the return of the Oceanic 6 to the Island in the present (2007,2008,or even 2009) and, secondly, we'll get flashbacks to when the Island was moved so we can see what Locke meant when he told Jack that "very bad things" happened when the Oceanic 6 left the Island.

I also think that in addition to the Island moving in space, it also moved in time, possibly to the 1970s when the Dharma Initiative first began.

A hint to the new season w/o giving it away...

'Lost' season premiere: We've seen it!
Dec 30, 2008, 12:30 PM | by Jeff Jensen

Categories: 'Lost', About Last Night, Television, Things That Are Awesome!

Yesterday. 9:30 a.m. I was moments away from spending the day at Disneyland, the happiest place on Earth, when a certain EW colleague, whose name rhymes with Shmichael Slausiello, tipped me off that the first two episodes of Lost’s fifth season were now available to lucky media dorks like me for reviewing. Suddenly, the House of Mouse (and really, any other locale that wasn’t my laptop DVD player) was not the happiest place on Earth, but the most hellishly inconvenient. ARRRRGHHH! A long day of standing in life-stealing, long-ass lines became even more criminal and assish as I counted the minutes before I could rip into the most awesome of delayed Christmas presents. (Although I must say, The Pirates of the Carrbbean -- a masterpiece of experiential narrative on any other day -- was almost compelling enough to distract me from my furious angst. ALMOST.)

Finally, at 10 p.m. last night, with exhausted family passed out, I sat down and broke the seven-month Lost fast with the first two helpings of season 5. Both went down well, one more so than the other. A few thoughts in advance of a more thorough discussion to come, once the episodes air and we're all on the same page.

Lost’s tradition of opening the year with a killer, capture-the-imagination sequence is honored and upheld, though the thing I loved most was how it was brazenly frank (and engagingly funny) about the heady high-concept conceit that will define the season. Almost everything that followed that opening passage was pretty cool, too. Remember the non-linear structure of Pulp Fiction, which toggled between a number of storylines whose chronological relationship to each other is practically a puzzle for the audience to solve? Well, the season premiere is kinda like that. The first two episodes will have the audience — and the show’s characters — trying to make sense of shifts in time. They demand active engagement, and I found it to be a lot of fun. Especially the first hour.

Lots of Sawyer in the first two eps. Lots of his naked chest, too. Lots of Hurley, and as for his chest, it is covered...with a very funny T-shirt. Sayid also has mucho screen time in both episodes, though he sleeps his way through one of them. Literally. And Daniel Faraday emerges as a huge player in season 5. The eps are dotted with cameos and extended cameos from peripheral but important figures crucial to the Lost mythology and much-loved by the Lost fan community. A polarizing character from Lost’s past returns, earns some redemption by participating with wit and humility, and delivers one of the best lines of either episode. Once again, all things Ben just rock. And if you're familiar with the rather disturbing crush that Doc Jensen happens to have on a certain rarely-seen Lost someone, then you can imagine how I swooned when I saw her re-appear at long last in the second episode.

In short, it was worth the wait, and certainly the perfect tonic for a day at Disneyland. I can't wait to see if you agree -- or disagree -- with me when Lost premieres on Jan. 21. In the meantime, tell me: What are you most looking forward to seeing in season 5? What are your burning questions? Let me know...because I'll be able to soon answer them for you, in the most unexpected of ways...

Good to be gabbing Lost with you again, friends. Look for the first official Doc Jensen column next week. Namaste!

:drool:

i can't wait till jan 21.:hyper:

Man, the more I think about it the more I think I need to do a Seasons 1-4 marathon.

If you asked me to explain everything that's happened up 'til now I really don't think I could.

Man, the more I think about it the more I think I need to do a Seasons 1-4 marathon.

If you asked me to explain everything that's happened up 'til now I really don't think I could.

neither could I. I am glad they do the recap episodes prior to the new season cuz we all need it.:huh:

I've been thinking the same thing. I just don't know if I can watch that much Lost in such a short span of time.

I've been thinking the same thing. I just don't know if I can watch that much Lost in such a short span of time.

Well, I'm thinking of fast-forwarding much of the flashback stuff, with the exception of mythology-heavy material.

Man, I need to start saying "skipping" instead of "fast-forwarding" if I want to convincingly participate in the digital age.

I watch seasons 1-3 so often I really don't need to see them again but I did spend a few days over Christmas watching season 4 again - some episodes more than once.

I've forgotten most of seasons 1 and 3, but 2 and 4 are pretty fresh in my mind.

In my head today at work:

Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost

Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost

Back
Top Bottom