Lost—Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The time travel stuff isn't going to stop until the Oceanic 6 are back, right? I originally thought that would take all season, but at the rate they're going they're going to have this resolved within the next few episodes.

As I said a few pages back, they're definitely going to show us the origins of the Black Rock and the Four-Toed Statue, and I think after that, the time-jumping will be resolved, at least temporarily.

Although I've really been liking the episodes, the time-jumping thing is starting to get a little annoying. Every time they're in a bind? Time-jump! Right when they start to figure something out about when they are? Time-jump!

There are a few things to like about this series

and many things not to like

The first season or so,
was pretty good, lately this is a mess

what's to like?

some compelling characters, still
great use of live orchestra for the score - believe it or not, this adds so much
some good acting

what's not to like?

the writing, they have taken it to a place where anything and everything is possible.

who was in that canoe shooting at them? obviously - themselves ?

anyone could be anyone's father, mother, sister, brother?

the writing is a huge let down and makes further viewing of the show, less and less, enjoyable

I agree ^

and, as the tourist said, we were also talking today at work how convenient it is that the time changes every time someone is in peril:rolleyes:

I agree ^

and, as the tourist said, we were also talking today at work how convenient it is that the time changes every time someone is in peril:rolleyes:

And how if they're in a canoe they get to take it with them to the new time.

I don't think these jumps are happening randomly, as some are saying why is it they happen only on important events, or when someone is in peril. I think it is precisely for those reasons they happen. Ever since season 1 we were to believe the island itself is an actual character in this show. Every jump is happening for a reason, it isn't random.

No, I'm agreeing with you. I think it's foolish to be complaining that they seem to be appearing at significant moments in time, as if the time travel itself is somehow normal. We know what the island is capable of, so it shouldn't be a stretch that it's in control of everything.

I don't feel like I am "complaining" I guess more "disappointed"

plus I am a logical, reasonable person....so the whole time travel thing is really a hard concept to wrap my head around. I just think enough already with the time travel:|

No, I'm agreeing with you. I think it's foolish to be complaining that they seem to be appearing at significant moments in time, as if the time travel itself is somehow normal. We know what the island is capable of, so it shouldn't be a stretch that it's in control of everything.

Ah ok gotcha, but yeah what you said is exactly what I meant. :up:

:up:

In light of all the other island oddities, it seems kind of strange to complain about time travel, or the times they're jumping to. If you can suspend disbelief for a smoke monster and a polar bear on a tropical island, why not this?

I don't mind the time travel. It's just predictable, but as some of you say, maybe there's a reason. I'm still into it.

I don't even care how bad they get now, I'm seeing this show out to the bitter end. The time thing is making me think of the Futurama with the Harlem Globetrotters.

I don't even care how bad they get now, I'm seeing this show out to the bitter end. The time thing is making me think of the Futurama with the Harlem Globetrotters.

I was just thinking that with most shows when you don't like the direction they're going in, they're fairly easy to stop watching, whereas this one, probably a lot of people are still hanging in there regardless, because they need to know how it's all going to play out.

I was just thinking that with most shows when you don't like the direction they're going in, they're fairly easy to stop watching, whereas this one, probably a lot of people are still hanging in there regardless, because they need to know how it's all going to play out.

Yeah I'm with this one til the end, it really hasn't gone bad, unlike other shows I have since dropped... :(heroes:down:

Except I will say I watched the new volume premiere the other night out of curiosity, and it does seem they tried to make ammendments for their blunders, the editing has improved, the last season's was horrible, but still I think it's too late.

I'm still thoroughly enjoying Lost. And when I say "thoroughly enjoying," I mean obsessively devouring.

I hear you on the Heroes thing, though. I watched the first few eps this season, and haven't bothered since.

I was reading an old thread on another message board comparing Lost to various other shows, and one of the big comparisons people made was with Heroes. It made me laugh because it was back from around the end of season one Heroes, and people were all "Lost sucks now, Heroes is awesome and will outlast Lost!!!11!!!!"

Take that, bitches.

:lol: yeah. Season 1 Heroes was good though, it really had potential, but wow did it go downhill. Monday nights return looked like they tried to get back some of that old style (like I said the editing went back to "normal"). But anyways I'm a big 24 fan so I watch that on Mondays, (I record heroes anyways, just in case I want to see what's going on, even though I don't like the show anymore.) Don't know why I do that to myself! :angry::wink:

I think no matter what they do, Lost will disappoint in the end. They set the bar so high there's no way they can clear it. I've thought this since the beginning of the series and paradoxically it's enabled me to enjoy the show without disappointment.

With you guys on this! I may need to watch it another 16 times when it's all over, so I can absorb all the things I am sure I missed, but yeah, obssessively devouring is a good description.

Anyone got a clue on how Linus and Widmore got so filthy ugly rich? Widmore especially got badly stinking rich. But Linus started off as the son of a handyman on the island, and Widmore was an army boy turned multi kazillionaire.

Did they think ending the episode with Faraday's mom was supposed to be some kind of shocker? Lame to use that cliffhanger twice. We all knew who the fuck it was, we all knew who was going to show up at the same time, etc.

And Charlotte? Well.

I was surprised they tried to make that a surprise again as well.

I am, however, thrilled to have finally gotten my Rousseau flashback.

I loved this episode.

This show is an absolute chore to watch anymore. That said, I'm basically obligated to watch it to conclusion. It would just seem wrong not to at this point.

I was...oddly not that thrilled with tonight's episode. Unusual for me. I'd been so looking forward to Rousseau's flashback. I don't know. Other than the appearance of Christian Sheppard, there were no real surprises. Maybe that was part of the problem, they've been throwing out so many surprises lately that when they don't, it seems sort of slow.

And Charlotte? Well.

Agreed. I couldn't muster up one iota of caring for that scene.

I've had a weird day today, and I'm all wrung out. Maybe that's why. I'll rewatch on the weekend and see if I feel differently.

This was easily my favorite episode of the season so far. The return of the Smoke Monster...ripping French people's limbs off. The meeting between Christian and Locke. Intense. These were great moments. In LOST. I can't wait for next week.

Back
Top Bottom