Lindsay Lohan busted for DUI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BEAL said:
Saw this little blurb on FoxNews (gossip columns)

"A source close to Li-Lo said the 21-year-old wants to be back to her happy and healthy self, but jail or rehab will only make her problems worse.

What?

Ummmm ... since when did boozing it up and getting high every night make someone "happy and healthy?"

Jail and rehab are exactly what she needs.

More info from Jezebel.com showing how the alcohol monitoring bracelet works and why it was a scam for LiLo.
http://jezebel.com/gossip/liar%2C-liar%2C-crotch-on-fire/lindsay-lohans-probable-scram-scam-281794.php

I suppose her die hard fans, whomever these people are, will believe that the cocaine in her pocket was for someone else. Unfortunately for them, their idol is charged with a felony for cocaine trafficking. Are there any role models for young people in Hollywood anymore?

Supposed "rehab" centers like Promises are nothing but expensive spa hotels with AA and NA meetings thrown in. No one is going to come of out a place like that "cured" of their addictions or even have them under control when they've been expected to do absolutely nothing toward their own recovery. Nothing changes other than where they sleep for 30 days. Part of the problem with girls like Lindsay is that they are used to having their every whim catered to and all of their mistakes nicely cleaned up by someone else. Rehab isn't fun...it's supposed to teach you how to take personal responsibility and it's usually an ugly, gut wrenching process of self-reflection. Ass kissing, daily massages and Egyptian cotton sheets aren't going to help anyone become a better person.

If the client isn't expected to make drastic changes, which at the very least should include staying out of bars and clubs, staying away from all night house parties and cutting ties with the people you drank/used with, what incentive is there to change?

And don't forget the financial incentive for a place like Promises. At $48,000 for a 30 day stay, a relapse or two makes for pretty good return business :|

Yeah, I was wondering how long it would take them to throw out the old "those aren't even my pants" story. Way to encourage her to face her problems Mom! :up: :happy:

She could have a name tag sewn in the pants with someone else's name on it and "property of __________" stamped on the coke...but she was wearing the pants and the coke was in the pocket of those pants. It's HERS in the eyes of the law.

I still dont understand what happened to the old admitting I have a problem...what is the matter with these people, how many times can you point fingers, eventually you run out of fingers...stupidity on all fronts

You know what shits me the most. The people that work at the rehab centres. Are they basically just paid babysitters, because it seems like every time a "star" goes to "rehab" they come out and fuck up even more. Why do we even have rehab if they can't do a THING about people with addictions?

Why even have rehab? Stars obviously have no respect and use it as an excuse and a holiday club for a few weeks then get out and get trashed.

They're just shit. Stupid brainless shits with way too much money and surrounded by dickheads. Give the money to Africa, move back to your trailor park life and fuck off. :mad:

My favorite part was Ronnie saying that "it was pretty much the worst night of my whole summer."

Apparently, he must have had worse nights with Lindsay in the past. :wink:

Well, rehab counselors can't force anyone to get better. I wouldn't be surprised if these celeb rehab places are pretty cushy and they may be a joke, but honestly, no one with a problem is going to get better if they don't WANT to get better.

Reading the story of those guys in the vehicle is crazy. I think she is going to get several months in the slammer after reading that.

On the same topic, Nicole Richie today was sentenced to 4 days in jail and 3 years probation for DUI. These losers need to be sent overseas and do some hard labour building stuff for people who need it or sent to New Orleans and help rebuild damaged homes. Think Mike Rowe type of work....dirty jobs!

Slipstream said:
Reading the story of those guys in the vehicle is crazy. I think she is going to get several months in the slammer after reading that.

On the same topic, Nicole Richie today was sentenced to 4 days in jail and 3 years probation for DUI. These losers need to be sent overseas and do some hard labour building stuff for people who need it or sent to New Orleans and help rebuild damaged homes. Think Mike Rowe type of work....dirty jobs!

Amen to that! :up: they most certainly do.. at the very least...:huh:

When police arrived, Dante says it seemed as if Lindsay told officers, "I wasn't driving. The black kid was driving."

Oh, were those his coke pants you were wearing, too? :rolleyes:

On the other hand, words like "it seemed as if Lindsay told officers" makes me wonder how true any of the kids' report is.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
between her and britney... I don't know what is worse.. both I guess... :| they make a great pair don't they?

Well at least Britney isn't out on the road drunk (that we know of). The only peoples' lives she's endangering is her poor kids.

I'd say Lindsey and Nicole are the biggest threat to society. Then Paris. Then Britney.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of what is going to happen to her. Apart from going to jail. which will happen, she will have big money problems.

If she plea bargains then she admits her guilt which means the foot guy can set his own amount to sue her. If she goes to trial and loses then she will get the a biggest penalty. She can still be sued civally but most certainly the foot guy would win his case if she was found guilty.

But she needs cash to pay her mounting legal fees and eventual lawsuits. Well she is out of work now indefinitely because she is uninsurable. Her latest movie, Poor Things, has had it's production halted and cashed out her insurance bond. Her career as she knows it is over. She needs to save every bit of money she has for the next few years and most importantly not get arrested again 'cause 3 strikes and you're out. She is fooked!

Reviving this thread ... as there's more trouble again for Lohan. Why can't she learn from her mistakes ?? :tsk:

Woman Sues Lindsay Lohan Over Car Chase
By ROBERT JABLON, Associated Press Writer
4 hours ago

LOS ANGELES - Lindsay Lohan was sued Tuesday for assault and negligence by a woman who was a passenger in a car the actress is accused of chasing while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Lohan "put me through one of the most frightening experiences of my life," Tracie Rice said in a statement after the lawsuit was filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court.

"What Miss Lohan did that night was extremely dangerous and reprehensible. Someone could easily have been killed or seriously hurt because of her irresponsible decisions that evening," Rice said.

The lawsuit also alleges intentional infliction of emotional distress. It seeks unspecified damages and also payment of medical and other expenses related to emotional distress.

An e-mail sent to Lohan's publicist and a telephone message left for her attorney weren't immediately returned.

Lohan, 21, was arrested for investigation of misdemeanor driving under the influence and with a suspended license and felony cocaine possession after last month's pre-dawn chase that ended in Santa Monica.

The lawsuit doesn't provide a reason for the chase. However, two men who claim they were unwilling passengers in the car driven by Lohan have said she was upset with the daughter of Michelle Peck.

Peck was driving the vehicle carrying Rice.

Rice "was convinced that their lives were in danger and that they had to outrun the pursuing car or they might be killed," the lawsuit said.

Peck finally drove through a barricade and into the parking lot at the Santa Monica Civic Center next to police headquarters and the sport utility vehicle followed, the lawsuit said.

Rice got out and ran toward police officers and saw a woman, who turned out to be Lohan, run from the SUV toward her, she contended.

"Police officers approached all of them with guns drawn," the lawsuit said.

Lohan was arrested a short time later.

TMZ was at the Beverly Hills Courthouse this morning when the L.A. County District Attorney filed criminal charges against Lindsay Lohan. The charges are seven misdemeanors -- NO FELONIES. And, there may be a plea bargain today at 1:30 PM PDT.

Lohan, who was busted twice since Memorial Day weekend, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence. If convicted of both, she'd face a minimum of four days in jail. If a felony were filed, Lohan could have faced several years in state prison.

As to why no felony charges were filed, the DA says Lohan's cocaine traces "were below the .05 grams required by office policy for felony filing."

Sources tell us there were also problems even proving she was in possession of the drug.

As for the second case, a law enforcement source tells us the manner in which the cocaine was seized was questionable. In addition, the source says the amount of cocaine "didn't meet the threshold for filing."

But there's more to the story: In deciding whether to file felony cocaine charges, the D.A. always looks at the person and the circumstances. In Lohan's case, the fact that she was busted twice in a short period of time actually helped her. It shows someone is struggling with an addiction problem. The fact that each time she was busted, she immediately checked into a rehab facility also helped her case. Also, her age -- 21 -- and the fact that her upbringing was extremely unstable -- also worked in her favor.

One law enforcement source put it this way: "Prosecutors in this county see a lot of kids in crisis. There are lots of kids struggling with addiction. The first sign of trouble usually involves a car. We're not going to throw every one of them in prison. It doesn't make sense."

Lohan Gets 1 Day in Jail on DUI Plea
By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer
44 minutes ago

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - Lindsay Lohan reached a plea deal Thursday on misdemeanor drunken driving and cocaine charges that calls for her to spend one day in jail and serve 10 days of community service and complete a drug treatment program.

"She's getting what everyone else would get," Deputy District Attorney Danette Meyers said after an hourlong hearing.

Lohan was charged earlier in the day with seven misdemeanors stemming from two drunken-driving arrests in the last four months. More serious felony drug charges were not filed, prosecutors said, because tests showed there wasn't enough cocaine on her to warrant them.

Bumping this old ass thread because who doesnt like to talk about a good train wreck?

Lindsay is finally getting a slap for her DUI and whatever else, and missing her court date because she was 'stuck' in Cannes because her drunk and coked up ass lost her passport her passport got stolen.

Judge to Lindsay Lohan - No Alcohol, No Drugs | TMZ.com

Judge Marsha Revel laid down the law during a hearing this AM in Beverly Hills court. Judge Revel told Lindsay in order to stay free on bail, she cannot drink alcohol, she must wear a SCRAM device and she must submit to random drug testing.

Lindsay must begin wearing the SCRAM bracelet within 24 hours.

Lindsay must also attend all scheduled alcohol ed classes at least once a week.

Lindsay's lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, began to object to the conditions, but when the judge said she would state out loud all the reasons why the conditions were appropriate -- Holley backed off and accepted the conditions.

And the judge indicated Lindsay must stay in the L.A. area -- which will get in the way of shooting a movie in Texas. The judge basically said, tough luck.

Mind you ... the conditions the judge imposed must be met in order for Lindsay to remain free on bail. The judge is also scheduling a hearing to determine if Lindsay has violated her probation -- the date for the hearing is July 6.

If the judge decides Lindsay violated her probation by not attending her alcohol ed program as required ... she could be jailed for 180 days.

"I Don't Need Rehab!" Lindsanity In Her Own Words | PerezHilton.com

Her old movies have been playing on cable lately. She was such a great actress and so pretty. Now she's making B movies and photoshoots that look like something out of a scary movie. :(

lindsay-lohan-blood.jpg

lindsay-lohan-first-person-shooter.jpg

Drugs are bad mmm kay..

I love Mean Girls, and it just makes me sad to watch it now.

She's past the "entertaining celebrity train wreck" stage for me now - I hope she can pull herself together and be well.

I still really like her, and am rooting for her. She was so freaking hot during that whole Mean Girls era, when she first become super famous. Golly. And I even liked a couple of her songs. Talented girl.

I look forward to seeing her in Robert Rodriguez's new Machete movie. The movie looks like a blast, and perhaps it will be what gets her back on track career wise? I don't know.

Sad.
I hope she will get her tragic life in order and clean up. I don't think throwing the book at her will help her. I rooted for Robert Downey, Jr. for years as he was dealing with constant troubles and am happy over his outcome. I hope Lindsay will not become another dead actress. Best of luck to her.

Back
Top Bottom