Life On Mars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
Anyone?
Just to see Harvey Keitel on network television was enough of a shock to start watching this show. After 8 or 9 episodes I can say without a doubt I'm hooked. Sure, it's not The Wire or The Shield or The Sporano's and it is network t.v. but it's pretty good show and certainly worth a shot.

This is one of my favorite shows, I think it has a little of everything it. I also like the
70's vibe going on it, it makes me laugh that I can remember the time clearly and what a difference there is today.

It is a terrible copy of a good BBC program.

Last weeks episode was one of the worse writing fiascos, I have ever seen.

It is a shame seeing good actors, Kietel, Imperlioli in suh a poorly executed show.

Oh, there's a copy of the UK version? Because the UK version was bloody amazing, doubt it could be topped unless they did it differently somehow :scratch:

Yeah, I've refrained from watching the U.S. version because I thought the original was one of the most original things I'd seen in a while. Funny, suspenseful, and ultimately very moving.

Unless a fan of that recommends the new one to me, I'm staying away.

The first ep. of the US version just aired on Australian TV.

And what a terrible re-make, the hummor doesn't translate well at all. :|

And the music in the American one doesn't do anything for the show.

Yeah, I've refrained from watching the U.S. version because I thought the original was one of the most original things I'd seen in a while. Funny, suspenseful, and ultimately very moving.

Ditto that. I do NOT understand why everything has to become a "*insert nationality here* version," it irritates me beyond belief.

The first ep. of the US version just aired on Australian TV.

And what a terrible re-make, the hummor doesn't translate well at all. :|

And the music in the American one doesn't do anything for the show.

It only gets worse.

The episode last night had this scene in a biker bar.

It was painful to watch, the bikers looked like a church choir, that some one glued some cheap fake beards on,
and then they bought a couple of brand new bandannas,
and wrapped them around a couple of foreheads, and wallah, we have bikers!!

Geez, a high school production, could do a more believable scene

I did not enjoy the film Traffic as much as many
because, I was had watched the BBC series Traffik - it far outshines, the film.

I think I saw one episode of the BBC - Life on Mars
it was outstanding, truly top notch

Then I read they were doing an American version,
so I stayed away and waited for that.

What a huge disappointment.

I lived through that music, it is good

they are just using it wrong

last week they played Cream - White Room

that is more of a 60s song than a late? 70s song.

and if I had not seen the BBC version, I might not be as critical of this one.

That said, the writing is bad, bad, bad and Imperlioni and Keitel are embassasing themselves in the mess.

I watched the BBC one and it was great and was apprehensive about the US version but it's been, ok. US viewership dropped last week to 6m from an average of 8m.

Gretchen Mol keeps me interested:drool:

I lived through that music, it is good

they are just using it wrong

last week they played Cream - White Room

that is more of a 60s song than a late? 70s song.

and if I had not seen the BBC version, I might not be as critical of this one.

That said, the writing is bad, bad, bad and Imperlioni and Keitel are embassasing themselves in the mess.

Ya ya ya, o.k., it's not HBO quality (The Wire) or FX (The Shield) but for ABC it's simply not that bad...especially considering all the reality crap shows on the networks schedules...i now really want to see the BBC version!!!

For all the fans of the ABC series, bad news
this series is being canceled.

One plus, they will write a finale to this season that wraps it all up.

And, on that note, it now looks like the U.K. version is finally getting a Region 1 DVD release set for July 28th. I've wanted to see this one for a while now!

The US version serves as a nice reminder than I need to pick up the original on DVD :D

Classic that was.

Was that the second to last episode? I was just starting to get into it.

I hope bonks Annie on the last episode too:D

Question about the final episode...

Who was that little black girl with that man in the final episode? Was that suppossed to be Lisa Bonet's character as a kid?

:huh:

^That was the girl that was in the previous episodes that had died. I can't remember the connection in the show.

I'm torn on the ending, but this show will be missed. Gretchen Mol is still hot, especially with the dark hair:drool:

Back
Top Bottom