Jon Stewart retiring from the Daily Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank goodness we still have John Oliver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except for those of us without HBO...you'd think with all the money my university had (University of Oregon), we'd get free HBO in the dorms but nope.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

we had hbo at umass.

never been a huge fan of the daily show.

I'm sure it was just a small part of the ever-increasing "fees" they charge.

Plus, you're Canadian, right? Wouldn't it be just like the American education system to provide free television while charging arms, legs, and first born children for the actual education portion?

I got HBO in college but I also went to the most expensive public university in America so it's sort of the least they could have done.

I know the feeling. At the time I was there, Dalhousie was the most expensive university (tuition-wise, anyways) in Canada.

We could get free internet in all the academic and student union buildings, and in the lobby of the dorm as well. To get access in our rooms we had to pay an extra fee, which of course everyone paid because it was 2006 and having to go to the lobby just to check your e-mails was stupid. The whole university charged any possible fee they could think up/get away with for anything, though. Things that were included in the cheaper tuition of other universities, we had to pay extra for. That really pissed me off. We also had to maintain our own accounts and deal directly with the cable company just to get so much as basic cable in our rooms.

They changed that policy and gave everybody free access to dorm room wi-fi about a month after I graduated :|

Free Internet, free cable, free HBO, free gym membership with aquatics, free bus pass, etc.

But I went to a private University so I dropped Hella cash. None of this was actually free.

Jon appeared on WWE Monday Night Raw for a segment that was a spoof of the Daily Show. Seth Rollins was the host of the spoof show. Jon was awesome and definitely knows his pro wrestling. Easily one of the best celebrity guest segments in recent history. He was able to go all New Jersey on Rollins and kick him in the balls to escape Rollins and his henchmen. Good stuff!

That's when celebrity cross over stuff works with wrestling.

When a celebrity is a legitimate fan of pro wrestling, they usually hit a home run during their appearances. Seth Green is also a big fan and he's great too. It was just great seeing Jon show up on WWE TV in the first place. Plus his segment came off without a hitch to boot.

aovsjd14irlibp41jhjq_zps2130b333.png

It's a bad choice that they rushed into. His stand up is immature and treads too closely into sexist and anti-semetic territory.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's a bad choice that they rushed into. His stand up is immature and treads too closely into sexist and anti-semetic territory.

Oh dear. Clearly I haven't heard enough of his stand-up. I know he's only been on TDS a few times, but I liked his bits a lot.

Me, I usually don't even watch the bits with the correspondents. I find most of them annoying and unfunny (with the exception of Jessica Williams and Aansif Maandvi (sp, sorry). I liked Larry Wilmore's bits, but don't really care for him in a full half-hour format.

Where's the actual proof of anti-semitism? None of his twitter jokes were really offensive to be honest, it's just comedy. The Jewish one couldn't even remotely be considered anti-semitic.

It's crazy that so many people have been stepping down from the late night circle lately. You had Leno not too long ago and now Colbert, Stewart, Ferguson and Letterman all in rapid succession. Conan's easily the best talent left in the game (and for years has been the best comedic one in general, slightly better than Colbert).

I don't like jokes that target minority groups by people who are not part of those minority groups. Like, what's the point?

I was more disturbed by how unfunny those jokes were. The domestic violence one especially.

I don't think anything will become of this, nor do I think it should.

I don't like jokes that target minority groups by people who are not part of those minority groups. Like, what's the point?

I thought he was part Jewish?

Anyway, I'm a bit surprised with the choice after all the tweets came out. You'd think they would have vetted stuff like that more carefully.

Considering they also have that lame Tosh 2.0 (or whatever it's called) show on the air, I doubt Comedy Central cares that much.

On the one hand, sure they should care, but on the other hand, I would imagine there are very few comedians out there who have never said anything that could be construed as offensive to someone. And in 2015, it's pretty much all on the internet for everyone to see.

it's a South African thing

during apartheid, Israel was about the only country in league with the white South African government, they was a common belief that the Israelis were prepared to give them nukes so they could keep control of the country

I thought he was part Jewish?

Anyway, I'm a bit surprised with the choice after all the tweets came out. You'd think they would have vetted stuff like that more carefully.

His mother is half Jewish. Obviously this is one of those situations that has been blown out of proportion to say the least. We're talking about fuckin' Twitter for Christ's sake! You know how many tweets are deleted because someone posted something they sooner or later regretted? Countless. By next week, no one will give a shit about this and we'll move onto something else just as meaningless.

it's a South African thing

during apartheid, Israel was about the only country in league with the white South African government, they was a common belief that the Israelis were prepared to give them nukes so they could keep control of the country

How's life in Bizarro World, deepy?

Back
Top Bottom