Jon & Kate Plus 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahhh let's see what the special announcement could possibly be.....there will be a divorce. Doh! :doh: I am hoping their choice might be not to continue airing the show, whether they decide to stay together and work on their marriage and family, or if they choose to go separate ways. Wouldn't surprise me if they split up if Kate doesn't continue a show on her own. I don't think she ever really wants to go back to work as a nurse again, not after this TV show and the fame.

Jon and Kate to Announce Divorce Next Week
UPDATED
June 18, 2009
by:
Bridget Daly

Image by Splash News
The ratings for Jon & Kate Plus 8 are tanking each week, so they’ve got to do something to stay in the press.

According to a new promo video that came out today, Jon and Kate will be making some sort of announcement on next week’s show.

In the video, Kate says, "Recently we've made some life-changing decisions. Decisions that will affect every member of our family...ones that we hope will bring each of us some peace."

According to Radar, Jon and Kate have already met with a divorce lawyer and the couple had previously agreed to separate by July 15.

The decision will reportedly be announced on Monday’s episode. Check out the video below. Do you think they’ll be announcing a divorce?

Guess the divorce is on after all! Jon Gosselin was spotted apartment hunting in New York City this week.

Jon was spotted at Trump Place in the hallway of the building with a realtor on the eighth floor, reports Gawker.

As you can imagine, apartments at the Trump Place aren't cheap! One-bedroom apartments on that floor start at $3,600 per month. The couple reportedly makes $75,000 an episode, but can Jon & Kate plus 8 survive without Jon?

"Supposedly the apartment is a river-facing one-bedroom that has been for rent and rents at about $3200 a month," a resident of the complex told Gawker.com. "It's likely under 700 square feet."

The couple already said they're going to make a huge announcement on Monday, but we can all pretty much guess what the announcement is going to be. Surprise, we can't stand each other and we're getting a divorce!

“It just got worse and worse and worse,” Jon says about their marriage, “And with all the tabloids and all that, it just made it even worse.”

“We can’t go back now. We can only go forward and that’s what we’re going to do,” Kate says. “And we’re going to learn a lot going forward and I know that we’ll all come out of this on the other side, hopefully stronger, better wiser.”

According to reports, Jon and Kate have already met with a divorce lawyer and the couple had previously agreed to separate by July 15.

It's so obvious these two can't stand each other. Jon looks at Kate with total disgust and Kate is bitter Betty about everything. How they stayed married for 10 years is beyond us!

The whole situation is very sad. But no matter what, Jon did reap some pretty nice benefits of it all. Plus I think as a Dad to 8, it would be pretty shitty for him to move NYC and leave all the responsibility to Kate. (no matter how unliked she is)

But no matter what, Jon did reap some pretty nice benefits of it all.

Exactly. He's always blaming the show and the attention they get from the show for the breakup of the marriage but he sure doesn't mind the ski vacations or the free trips or the free hair plugs or the custom bikes.

Most likely, he would have done the same thing if he were still an IT guy and Kate was still a stay-at-home mom. More power to her for creating a life for herself where she isn't going to have to worry about how she's going to feed her kids when Jon decides he wants something else.

Some reports are saying that because Jon quit his job in order to allow Kate to tour her books it technically makes her the sole breadwinner. Because of this she could be ordered to pay HIM alimony. If this happens I believe I just may vomit.

It's official, apparently.

Gosselin Divorce Papers Filed - Jon Gosselin, Kate Gosselin : People.com

I hope they can make the transition as easy as possible for their children.

Some reports are saying that because Jon quit his job in order to allow Kate to tour her books it technically makes her the sole breadwinner. Because of this she could be ordered to pay HIM alimony. If this happens I believe I just may vomit.

But he should be earning a share of the income that the show generates, right?

If it's true and valid that he was looking at apartments in Trump Place in NYC , well I guess Jon is doing well already. They both have been as a result of the show-hopefully most of the money has been set aside for the kids. I could understand the motivation for doing the show in order to provide for the kids(present and future), as long as their emotional well being was always the most important thing.

I don't know what to think of either one of the parents. I just hope for the best for the kids.

They were allegedly making 75 grand an episode from just the show (not the books) so wouldn't he be considered an earner of that money too? TLC must have a contract with both of them, pre-divorce.

They both earn money from the show but she has an extra income from her book deals as well as her public speaking engagements.

Certainly she earns more than he does, but I was just confused because that doesn't make her the sole breadwinner in the family. I'm sure he could still ask for spousal support though, since her income is higher.

They're despicable. Both of them. How they could continue this show despite the glaring problems it had already caused is beyond me. I do suppose greed begins to influence decisions more, once we start acquiring more. I hoped they'd can the show when there was so much vile writing about one of the twins, but no. I hoped they'd see sense when Kate and the sister had the falling out, but no. So now they've lost siblings, the children's privacy and their marriage. Do I feel any pity? Not entirely. I feel for anyone who has to raise children alone, and god knows, 8 would be utterly exhausting. However, you reap what you sow.

I was only posting what I had read as far as the alimony goes.

I honestly don't think the show can be blamed for every single one of this family's problems. Some of them, sure, but most likely, Jon would have cheated with or without the show. At least now Kate has some money to fall back on.

But I'm curious to see what will happen as far as the show goes. The money they've made so far will run out eventually. I doubt Kate would go back to being a nurse after all of this and Jon can't possibly pay child support for eight kids on an IT analyst's salary. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a show about the difficulties of being a single mother to eight kids airing very soon.

I'm not blaming the show, either, however, they should have seen where their lives were changing and rectified it before it came to this. I agree with the sentiment to him and his cheating.

Maybe I'm projecting here, but sometimes living with a passive-aggressive douche can make you seem like a harpy...and he really struck me as being a passive-aggressive douche tonight.

I honestly don't think the show can be blamed for every single one of this family's problems. Some of them, sure, but most likely, Jon would have cheated with or without the show. At least now Kate has some money to fall back on.

I tend to agree with this. Can you imagine having financial worries in her situation on top of everything else?

I'm not blaming the show, either, however, they should have seen where their lives were changing and rectified it before it came to this. I agree with the sentiment to him and his cheating.

You mean they should have stopped the show and tried to fix things out of the public eye? I've read that they can't walk away because they're under contract, and a buy-out would be too expensive for them. I was skeptical of this, but after hearing that Jon will continue to appear on the show with the children when it's his visitation times, and since he was the one that's reportedly so anti-show, I have to believe this is the case. Otherwise, why doesn't he just refuse to appear?

I find it loathsome that Kate's brother and his wife are allowing the wife's sister to run this blog, so they can spread family gossip while seemingly keeping their hands clean.

while we all knew what the announcement was supposed to be after it leaked, it was somewhat depressing to watch. Both gave the impression that a reconciliation wasn't even a possibility. Granted, when they filmed this, they were separating and not necessarily filing for divorce. I really didn't watch the show much but the show needs to go. Focus on the kids. (I haven't read back in this thread, so I'm sure someone has said something to this effect already).

The show hasn't aired on the West Coast yet but from what I read here I'm not surprised at what's obviously been announced and what's taking place. It's just sad and I feel bad for the entire family of both Jon's and Kate's. Heaven help them all raising those 8 kids to become better individuals than each of their parents. I was hoping the show would cease filming. I guess not. I then hope it will be the last season. The public will grow bored of the whole issue and once things quiet down, and they always do, they'll soon be forgotten.

The public will grow bored of the whole issue and once things quiet down, and they always do, they'll soon be forgotten.

I'm not so sure about that. I'm speaking for myself here, obviously, but the reason I watch the show is because of the 8 damn cute kids. There will continue to be an audience for this show, a big audience, as long as you've got those adorable rugrats runnin around.

Also, those kids will never use those Crooked Houses. They're too small and the kids will get bored of them very quickly. And the sale of Crooked Houses is going to skyrocket. Buy stock in Crooked Houses!!!

learning my lines. . .: Jon & Kate. . . Too Late?

It's a little long, but this is the bit I really liked:
To Jon and Kate. . . I don't regularly watch your show. I've seen bits and pieces as I channel surf, and sometimes I stop to watch just to see, well, who in the neighborhood you've caught on camera. I even thought I might make it on a few times. . . like the time I interrupted the kid's bike-riding lessons by driving my car into the camera's line of sight on a trip out of the neighborhood. I did, however, see the recent clip where you, Kate, lamented what's happening through your tears. According to my newspaper, so did ten million other people. You expressed confusion and said you didn't know what to do. I know you're smarter than that. . . you have to be. Here's what you need to do. . . and I believe you know it. . . pull the plug. Pull the plug and pull it now. The key to a redemptive and healthy resolution to this entire fiasco lies in your hands. From what I know, I think Jon will be right with you. Realize that the temptation will be to carry on so that you can accumulate fame and fortune. But as someone you and I both claim to know once said, "What does it profit a person to gain the whole world. . . and then lose his soul?". . . or, her husband and children? Please understand that I pass this on with a full knowledge of my own weakness and depravity. I trust you understand that I say this humbly. Keep it all plugged in and you will be one very rich and famous lady. You will also be facilitating a life under public scrutiny for your kids. They will not have a childhood. Keeping it plugged in will steal their childhood, steal your family, and promote a culture of celebrity-obsession gone wild. Pull the plug and pull it now. Kate, if you don't see what's happening all around you then you are a very confused woman who is so out of touch with reality that you need an intervention. If you do see it and you choose to keep it all plugged in, then you've exposed what's most important to you. Don't be like the rich young ruler who knew what he had to do, but walked away very, very sad. Jon and Kate, if you don't pull the plug, shame on you for what you're doing to your kids. Kate, don't let your definition of "multiple blessings" move from your 8 children. . . to the fame, fortune, and freebies that are now filling your life. If that's what you choose to do, you are exploiting your kids. If you don't pull the plug and pull it now, shame on you.

How pathetic. I cannot believe Jon actually used the word "excited" when talking about the separation. He's a child. The show should have been called "Kate Plus Nine" all these years.

How pathetic. I cannot believe Jon actually used the word "excited" when talking about the separation. He's a child. The show should have been called "Kate Plus Nine" all these years.

wow. you're really just seeing this from one angle.

Back
Top Bottom