It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
spvk1k.jpg

Charlie's freak-out on Dee about the song ranks high on my favorite Charlie Moments list.

Pepe Silvia could very well be my favorite as of right now, along with him during the entire episode with The Kid.

I WILL SMASH YOUR FACE INTO A JELLY.

Fucking caps thing. Turn this off.

Tommy: You're ugly.
Charlie: You're ugly.
Tommy: [yelling] You're ugly!
Charlie Kelly: [yelling back] You are the one that's ugly!
Sweet Dee: Charlie! Jesus Christ! Are you almost 30? Are you almost 30 years old?
Charlie: Yes.
Tommy: You have to buy me a toy.
Charlie: I don't have to buy you shit!
Tommy: If you don't buy me anything, I'm gonna telly my mom you took me to a black people's house!

Priceless.

And to answer a question you asked a while back: none of them have Philly accents.

However, the show does reference real Philly places pretty frequently, and in the one scene where Mac is running away from a couple of guys, he runs through Geno's Steaks.

True, I have not.

They live in Philly and sound like they're from the suburbs. I'm from the suburbs and sound like I'm from Philly.

No, I'm watching on Hulu, however. I begin Season Two tomorrow while writing a six page paper.

I'll be honest, when they brought in Danny DeVito I thought it was a network ploy to bring in a "big name" in order to draw viewers, and I thought he would ruin the show, but I was not even close to being right. He actually makes the show better - his character is a Legend.

I'll be honest, when they brought in Danny DeVito I thought it was a network ploy to bring in a "big name" in order to draw viewers, and I thought he would ruin the show, but I was not even close to being right. He actually makes the show better - his character is a Legend.

I caught up around Season 3, so DeVito's introduction wasn't that big of a thing for me. Like you said, he adds loads to the show.

His dynamic with Charlie is priceless... like Michael/Toby priceless.

Watching some of season two today.

Charlie's complete lack of knowledge on the problems in the Middle East absolutely killed me, especially when the Israeli guy alludes to the problems back home and he says something like, "Yeah, with the Superdome and all..."

Mac: You're not the one on TV dressed like a terrorist and threatening Jews, Charlie!
Dennis: Oh, Mac-
Mac: The context is fine, Dennis, trust me, I was thinking about it while we were watching the video.

Charlie's complete lack of knowledge on the problems in the Middle East absolutely killed me, especially when the Israeli guy alludes to the problems back home and he says something like, "Yeah, with the Superdome and all..."

Charlie dressing up as Tom Cruise in Born on the Fourth of July killed me. It's up there with him as Serpico and the banana-eating Nazi.

Charlie is awesome because he does all these subtle things that kill me. In one episode he finds out that Mac is banging, I think, Dee's mom, and the way he says, "Interesting" is brilliant. And in the first McPoyle episode, when they mention that Charlie's teacher was arrested for child molesting, and they say to him, "Charlie, you had his class, didn't you," Charlie's mumbled answer is friggin perfect.

Charlie is awesome because he does all these subtle things that kill me. In one episode he finds out that Mac is banging, I think, Dee's mom, and the way he says, "Interesting" is brilliant. And in the first McPoyle episode, when they mention that Charlie's teacher was arrested for child molesting, and they say to him, "Charlie, you had his class, didn't you," Charlie's mumbled answer is friggin perfect.

Definitely.

One of my biggest Charlie-related laughs was when he showed Mac and Frank the lyrics to "Nightman," which turned out to be a set of pictures and squiggly letters... holy shit.

He could very well be one of the funniest sitcom characters of all-time, in my opinion.

One of my biggest Charlie-related laughs was when he showed Mac and Frank the lyrics to "Nightman," which turned out to be a set of pictures and squiggly letters... holy shit.

Don't forget Serpico Charlie's envelope: "4 the Mare."

Charlie's illiteracy is the most consistently funny part of the show.

Charlie as Serpico has earned permanent iPod status, that's how amazing that part of the show is.

Hoo-ah!

Dee: There are plenty of amazing politicians who are women.
Frank: Name one.
Dee: Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Frank: Awful.
Dee: Why is she awful?
Frank: Hates freedom.

I am now well into season three, and have to agree that Charlie's illiteracy is the funniest running joke on the show.

It peaked with the lyrics to Nightman.

I just saw this one last night. The 20 seconds between seeing the envelope and him finally saying "Mayor" were brilliant. I just sat there wondering WTF he was going on about. Was he even at City Hall?

So, you saw me eat that Hot Pocket out of the trash? You got any... feelings about that?

Wow, I like you, come on in.

Back
Top Bottom