It's a baby for celebrity____________(Fill in names here)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but Kate Moss is an idiot. It's bad enough that she has someone as screwed up as Pete Doherty in her 4 year old daughter's life. Now she wants to add another child to this mess. Someone that stupid has no business having children.

one4u2 said:
Tori Spelling and her husband, actor Dean McDermott, are expecting their first child together. The 33-year-old Spelling, daughter of the late producer Aaron Spelling, will give birth in the spring, Spelling's representative, Jill Fritzo, told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

McDermott, 39, had roles in the movies "Against the Ropes" and "Open Range." He has a 7-year-old son, Jack, and a 1-year-old daughter, Lola, from his first marriage.

Spelling and McDermott met last year while filming the TV movie "Mind Over Murder." Spelling was married at the time to actor-writer Charlie Shanian, who filed for divorce last October, a little more than a year after marrying the former "Beverly Hills, 90210" alumna.

Spelling recently starred as a fictionalized version of herself in VH1's "so noTORIous."

Her mother is supposedly thrilled. :huh:

Lara Mullen said:
Kate Moss is reported to be trying for a baby with wayward lover Pete Doherty. The 32-year-old apparently believes having a child with her will help the Babyshambles star get off drugs.

According to the Sunday Mirror, she told a pal: "I love him and know that, for all his faults, I will spend the rest of my life with him.

"I also want my little girl Lila to have a brother or a sister.

"But Pete has to stay off the drugs. And the only way for that to happen is if he's with me all the time."

Doherty, 27, already has a son with fellow singer Lisa Moorish, 33. Kate's daughter Lila turned four last month.

Babyshambles cancelled the last five dates of their British tour after Doherty failed to turn up for a concert in Liverpool on Friday.

The official explanation was "artist's exhaustion".

But Moss is thought to have given him a "band or me" ultimatum after discovering he was back on crack cocaine.

I honestly don't get it. I just don't. :huh:

KristenF said:
I'm sorry, but Kate Moss is an idiot. It's bad enough that she has someone as screwed up as Pete Doherty in her 4 year old daughter's life. Now she wants to add another child to this mess. Someone that stupid has no business having children.

Agreed. She thinks that having a child will help him get off drugs? Well, he already has a child. Apparently it doesn't work that way.

It's Official: Madonna's a Mama

Thu Oct 12, 8:54 PM ET

After a week of increasingly implausible denials and "no comments" from Team Madonna, a Malawi high court judge has managed to do what the Material One would not: confirm that the singer and husband Guy Ritchie have adopted a one-year-old boy.

Unsurprisingly, Madonna's mouthpieces have yet to comment on the adoption. Last week, her chief publicist, Liz Rosenberg, proclaimed, "Despite reports stating otherwise, [Madonna] has not adopted a baby boy."

Guess we'll just have to settle for the word of the child's father and a Malawi village chief and the director of the orphanage and an African judge and a pastor and the secretary for the Ministry for Gender and Child Welfare.

The Ritchies were granted custody of David Banda Thursday, after filing adoption papers at a local courthouse. Visit for more:

"Madonna and the husband"--nice--"filed their papers for an interim order this morning at Lilongwe High Court, and the judge gave the ruling at 2 p.m. this afternoon," deputy registrar Thomson Ligowe told Reuters.

Per Ligowe, the interim order means that while the new parental units are free to take the boy back to Britain with them, they will be required to attend a subsequent court hearing to determine whether the adoption will be allowed to take place. The judge's ultimate ruling will be based on a report on the family by Malawi social workers.

"[Madonna] has been put on observer status to see how she will relate to the child, and people from social welfare will have to observe that," Ligowe explained. "The court will depend upon their observations to make a final decision."

According to Malawian law, the hearing must take place within two years.

Yohane Banda, the boy's father, said earlier this week that he was forced to send David to an orphanage after the boy's mother died from fever and other complications just days after childbirth. The elder Banda was present at the court this morning to see his son off and meet with the new parents for the first time.

"They are a lovely couple," the 32-year-old man told reporters. "She asked me many questions. She and her husband seem happy with David. I am happy for him. Madonna promised me that as the child grows she will bring him back to visit."

Reports last week suggested the adoption process was given special priority--the average time to clear the red tape in the African country is 18 months--and that laws dictating that Malawi children not be adopted by foreigners were bent for the superstar couple. But Kingston Kilimbe, the director of the country's child welfare services, insisted that the Ritchies' adoption was by the book.

"They have followed the normal processes," he told reporters. "This has been going on for some time. Now is the completion point."

The chief of Lipunga, the Malawi village where the boy is said to hail from, seconded the remarks that the adoption process was set in motion long before the media caught wind of it.

Henderson Geza Dyedyereke told Reuters that he learned of Madonna's plans to adopt back in August, from the director of the Home of Hope Orphan Care Center, the Reverend Thompson Chipeta.

"Reverend Chipeta came yesterday to inform me about the child David Banda," Dyedyereke told the wire service. "The father told me that the child was going to America."

The father confirmed as much yesterday, saying that his son had been adopted by a "famous U.S. musician," though being careful not to name Madonna or Ritchie.

"I am very happy," the elder Banda said. "As you can see, there is poverty in my village. I know he will be very happy in America."

While the adoption was apparently not made official until today, Britain's Sun reported that Madonna and Ritchie picked up David from the Home of Hope Orphan Care Center on Monday night. They also claim that she had visited the orphanage twice before then since her arrival in Malawi last Wednesday.

The director of the center has refused to comment publicly on the adoption, though his son, Thompson Chipeta Jr., said that the "Hung Up" singer and her hubby chose David after the threesome bonded during an hourlong play session on one of her visits.

The boy marks the third child in the couple's burgeoning brood, joining son Rocco, 5, and daughter Lourdes, 9, whom Madonna had with choreographer Carlos Leon.

The family has been on an orphanage-hopping tour of the African nation since last Wednesday, when Madonna and Co. touched down to tend to the singer's Raising Malawi project, designed to clothe, feed and shelter more than 4,000 AIDS orphans.

Is this the hottest new celebrity thing to do, adopt children? Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of children all over the globe needing good healthy homes. It just seems there's a long list of celebs who have stepped up recently to adopt.

Carek1230 said:
Is this the hottest new celebrity thing to do, adopt children? Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of children all over the globe needing good healthy homes. It just seems there's a long list of celebs who have stepped up recently to adopt.

Well, you know, if you want kids w/out the stretch marks:laugh: --
but seriously, it's better than most celebrity trends!

I wonder if this baby's father didn't want to raise him. If so, then it's good that Madonna wants to give the child a better life. However, I can't help but wonder if the father does want to keep his son, but simply doesn't have the financial means to provide for him. If that were the case and Madonna truly wanted to help them, then why not bring both father and son to America and help them start a new life. Surely, she has enough money and clout to get the guy a job and a decent place to live.

Carek1230 said:

I was thinking the same thing.:eyebrow:

Scary Spice Pregnant With Eddie Murphy's Baby
Posted Oct 17th 2006 4:40PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned that former Spice Girl Melanie Brown, aka Scary Spice, is four months pregnant with Eddie Murphy's baby. The news comes amid rumors that the couple will marry next month.

A source tells TMZ that Brown came into the hip Le Bra Lingerie boutique in West Hollywood on Saturday and was gushing about her impending birth.

Brown, who has a 7-year-old daughter from a previous relationship, is a frequent shopper at the store and admitted the pregnancy had her feeling tired. Brown added that she was concerned she may be carrying twins since, she noted, they run in Murphy's family.

While on her shopping spree, Melanie picked up nearly $5,000 worth of Eres lingerie for herself and about $300 worth of La Perla men's undershirts and underwear for Eddie.

In April, Murphy's divorce from his ex-wife Nicole became final. The "Daddy Day Care" star has five children with Nicole and another son from a previous relationship.

Murphy's rep told TMZ "We do not comment on Mr. Murphy's personal life."

Calls to Brown's rep were not immediately returned.

:hmm:

Well, it says "a previous relationship" not a previous marriage...his exwife might be the only one so far.

There seem to be quite a few male celebs (especially among the younger set) who have children with former girlfriends who then get married and have more kids...almost like they are having "starter" families or something...:|

Lara Mullen said:
Kate Moss is reported to be trying for a baby with wayward lover Pete Doherty. The 32-year-old apparently believes having a child with her will help the Babyshambles star get off drugs.

According to the Sunday Mirror, she told a pal: "I love him and know that, for all his faults, I will spend the rest of my life with him.

"I also want my little girl Lila to have a brother or a sister.

"But Pete has to stay off the drugs. And the only way for that to happen is if he's with me all the time."

Doherty, 27, already has a son with fellow singer Lisa Moorish, 33. Kate's daughter Lila turned four last month.

Babyshambles cancelled the last five dates of their British tour after Doherty failed to turn up for a concert in Liverpool on Friday.

The official explanation was "artist's exhaustion".

But Moss is thought to have given him a "band or me" ultimatum after discovering he was back on crack cocaine.
Gaah! What? Bringing an innocent, defenseless child into this trainwreck? Can we say "child abuse?" How disgusting.

Pete Doherty is just nasty, something out of Jerry Springer. I wouldn't share a bottle of wine with this guy, let alone my vagina!

Hermes-like the purse? Maybe it's a family name or something..

Melrose Place actress Kelly Rutherford, 37, and her businessman husband, Daniel Giersch, 32, welcomed their first child, a son, on Wednesday, Rutherford tells PEOPLE exclusively.

Hermés Gustaf Daniel Giersch was born at 8 a.m. at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. He weighed 8.5 lbs. and was 22 in. long.

After being in labor throughout the night, Rutherford is now resting comfortably at home with her baby. "We live so close to the hospital, we thought we could either hang out here and eat hospital food or go home and order take-out from La Scala," she tells PEOPLE.

"We are all feeling good and I am so blissed out and tired," she says. Being a new mom is "just amazing. It's incredible to see these little beings."

Rutherford is best known for her 1996-1999 role as former hooker Megan Lewis Mancini on Melrose Place, and recently appeared as Samantha "Sonny" Liston on the NBC policital drama E-Ring.

Her baby shower, an afternoon tea held at her Los Angeles home, was attended by her former Melrose Place costars Marcia Cross and Laura Leighton, as well as Full House star Lori Loughlin.

LOS ANGELES - Melissa Etheridge and her partner, Tammy Lynn Michaels, are the new parents of twins, the couple announced Friday.

Michaels gave birth to a boy and girl Tuesday: son Miller Steven and daughter Johnnie Rose.

"Tammy and the babies are in excellent health," Etheridge said on her Web site. The babies were conceived using an anonymous donor from a sperm bank.

"The creation of life brings about immeasurable love, and pours hope into the future. The joy will help carry us through our upcoming sleepless nights," the couple said in a statement.

Etheridge, 45, and Michaels, 31, held a commitment ceremony in 2003. The Grammy-winning singer has two children from her relationship with former partner Julie Cypher: daughter Bailey Jean and son Beckett. Cypher had the children through artificial insemination using a sperm donation from rock legend David Crosby.

Etheridge was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2004, but is now cancer-free. She last released a greatest hits album titled "The Road Less Traveled."

Michaels starred on the 2005 NBC comedy "Committed" and has appeared on Showtime's "The L Word."

It's twins for Strokes guitarist Valensi

Amanda De Cadenet and husband Nick Valensi are celebrating today after the former wild child gave birth to twins this week.

Cadenet, 34 gave birth to a boy and a girl in a private Los Angeles hospital with Valensi - guitarist with New York rockers The Strokes - by her side. Both babies weighted six pounds, although the couple's son spent his first day in intensive care.

A friend said: "The girl's going to be called Ella but they haven't chosen a name for the boy yet."

De Cadenet, who now follows a career as a photographer, and Valensi, married earlier this year in a secret ceremony in the Bahamas.

I read today that wee dude or little man (I'm not sure of his proper name :der: ) from Jackass is expecting a baby with his girlfriend.

~LadyLemon~ said:

It's twins for Strokes guitarist Valensi

Amanda De Cadenet and husband Nick Valensi are celebrating today after the former wild child gave birth to twins this week.

Cadenet, 34 gave birth to a boy and a girl in a private Los Angeles hospital with Valensi - guitarist with New York rockers The Strokes - by her side. Both babies weighted six pounds, although the couple's son spent his first day in intensive care.

A friend said: "The girl's going to be called Ella but they haven't chosen a name for the boy yet."

De Cadenet, who now follows a career as a photographer, and Valensi, married earlier this year in a secret ceremony in the Bahamas.

:cute:

Matt Lauer and wife Annette welcomed their third child, a son named Thijs, on Tuesday.

"The baby was born this morning at 9:37 a.m. in New York City. He weighed 7 lbs., 4 oz.," Today spokesperson Megan Kopf tells PEOPLE. "Mom, Dad and baby are all doing well."

The baby's unusual name (pronounced "Tice") is a shortened form of Matthijs, which is Dutch for Matthew.

"Annette is Dutch and in following with her heritage, the baby was given a Dutch name," says a source.

This is the third child for the Today anchor, 48, and his wife, 41. Thijs joins brother Jack, 5, and sister Romy, 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom