It's a baby for celebrity____________(Fill in names here)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actress Busy Philipps and her screenwriter-husband Marc Silverstein are the latest celebs to choose a bizarre name for their baby.

On Thursday, they announced they will call their newborn daughter "Birdie." Birdie Leigh Silverstein was born Wednesday, weighing in at 9 lbs., 7 oz., according to E! News. Philipps is godmother to Michelle Williams' two-year-old daughter, Matilda.

Doesn't it seem like Gwen Stefani has been pregnant for a year and a half?

Michelle Williams is pregnant? I hadn't heard that. Are we talking about Dawson's-Creek-Heath's-former-girlfriend Michelle Williams?

No, I just copied/pasted from the wrong MSN window, hah.

Fixed now though.

Doesn't it seem like Gwen Stefani has been pregnant for a year and a half?

OMG! I was just thinking this same thing today...I thought I was going to see it was Gwen who had the baby today:lol:

So when is her baby due..any minute?

Poor Gwen looks so uncomfortable, she should pop any minute. And what's with the strange baby names in Hollywood? It seems as though it's a race to give your child the most bizarre name or something! :wink:

:applaud:

Musicians Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are parents again! Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale was delivered by c-section at 12:46 p.m. PST today, Thursday, August 21st, at Cedars Sinai, Gwen's rep confirms. He weighed in at 8.5 lbs, and the middle name of Nesta is in reference to Bob Marley's.

:eyebrow:

Did the name the poor kid after the clothing store? Or Neil Young's album with Crazy Horse?

By naming their newborn son Zuma Nesta Rock, Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale "have proven decisively that they're masters in choosing names that are both highly unusual and carry a lot of personal meaning," baby name expert Pamela Redmond Satran, co-author of The Baby Name Bible, tells Usmagazine.com.

"They've continued their own place-naming tradition by naming their son after Zuma Beach in Malibu," Satran explains, citing a profile of Rossdale which said he had an epiphany that began his career.

"He was standing on Zuma Beach in the early morning after working all night as a production assistant on a music video and was quoted as saying he realized he was wasting his time," Satran says. "He drove up the coast, slept in his car, and started making the moves that would launch his career."

Zuma is also the name of a 1975 album by Neil Young and Crazy Horse.

Nesta, meanwhile, was Bob Marley's first name before an immigration official switched it with his middle name, Robert.

"This name obviously links to big brother Kingston's and is another nod to Jamaica and reggae," says Satran.

Bob Marley's son Ziggy used Nesta as a middle name for his son, as did his other son Rohan, who has a son named John Nesta Marley with singer Lauryn Hill.

The name Rock "needs no explanation," given that the baby's parents are rock stars, Satran says, and the fact that we're "long overdue for a Rock Hudson-inspired revival."

Zuma is also too close to Zima for comfort, so I hope they like their kid being nicknamed the name of a shitty malt beverage. :up:

:applaud:

Musicians Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are parents again! Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale was delivered by c-section at 12:46 p.m. PST today, Thursday, August 21st, at Cedars Sinai, Gwen's rep confirms. He weighed in at 8.5 lbs, and the middle name of Nesta is in reference to Bob Marley's.

His whole name reminds me of drink brands..Zima, Nestea, Rolling Rock...

Not a baby, but Michelle chases Matilda. So cute. She is three in October, she looks just like him there.

0827_matilda_michelle_splash.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom