It's a baby for celebrity ______ Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Went over 1,000 in the last thread, time for a new baby thread.

4th Annual Awards: The Ten Best Celebrity Baby Names of 2009

Now in its 4th year, the annual survey for best celebrity baby names of the year, co-sponsored by the internet's top celebrity baby names blog and a leading baby names website. The only annual celebrity baby name review with insight, tradition, and continuity.

(PRWEB) December 22, 2009 -- Since 2006, the groundbreaking Celebrity Baby Names Blog has teamed up with leading baby names site Baby Names Garden to bring you the best celebrity baby names from the year gone by. Now the much-anticipated 2009 results are in!

2009 has been a year of unusual, dramatic, exotic, and sometimes wacky celebrity baby names. Every year there is at least one name that really causes a furor, with people loving it and hating it in about equal proportions. Last year, it was Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz's son, Bronx Mowgli. This year, the most controversial name of 2009, and the number one pick for celebrity baby name of the year, is Sparrow James Midnight, second child for Nicole Richie and Joel Madden.

Second place goes to the daughter of British celebrity chef Jamie Oliver, born in April and named Petal Blossom Rainbow. Little Petal joins big sisters Poppy Honey and Daisy Boo at home.

Third place in 2009 goes to Mars Merkaba, daughter of singer Erykah Badu and her boyfriend Jay Electronica. Mars was almost named Twitty Milk, and if she had been, the editors would have had a tougher job picking the number 1 name for 2009! But Twitty Milk was not to, so Mars came in third place.

In fourth place, the editors loved Kourtney Kardashian's new son, Mason Dash.

Fifth, Anne Heche came up with the name Atlas, so he could hold his own with big brother Homer.

In sixth place, the editors of Celebrity Baby Names Blog (Celebrity Baby Names Blog) and Baby Names Garden (Baby names, meanings, baby girl and baby boy names, top baby name) couldn't resist Bandit Lee, daughter of rockers Lyn-Z and Gerard Way.

For seventh spot, the nod went to a rocker baby named Gunner, son of musician Brandon Flowers and his wife Tana.

Eighth: is it a new way to spell Louisiana? Maybe. Check out Louisanna Ray, new daughter for actress Leelee Sobieski.

Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck snagged ninth place for their beautifully-named Seraphina Rose Elizabeth.

And in tenth place, rounding out this year's Top Ten Celebrity Baby Names, is Bardot Vita, daughter of Bones star David Boreanaz and former Playmate of the Year Jaime Bergman.

Congratulations to all the winners! Find many more details about the Top Ten, and all the wild and wacky celebrity baby names of 2009, at the Baby Names Garden Celebrity Baby Names Database, at Celebrity Baby Names, Ten Best, 2009

Van Morrison & his manager just had a baby Dec 23 . Van is 64 and his eldest child, a daughter is 38. Apparently this new baby will have triple citizenship in N Ireland, Great Britain and America.

Morrison baby announcement was hoax: statement

DUBLIN (AFP) – An announcement that music legend Van Morrison had become a father again aged 64 was a hoax, apparently due to hackers targetting his website, a statement issued in his name said Thursday.

The brief announcement on his official website earlier this week said veteran singer, famous for songs like "Brown Eyed Girl" and "Moondance," was the proud father of a new son, George Ivan Morrison III.

It added that the newborn was the "the spitting image of his daddy" and was a dual citizen of the United Kingdom and the United States. The news was published around the world.

But on Thursday, a statement issued on his behalf said he had asked his management "to carry out an immediate investigation into a hacking attack which took place on my website on December 29th last.

"Claims were made relating to my personal life in a 'statement' purporting to come from me. Once these claims were brought to our attention, they were taken down from the site.

"The comments... did not come from me. They are completely and utterly without foundation," said the statement, issued by public relations company Fleishman-Hilliard International.

The original announcement said the child was born to Morrison and his wife and manager Gigi Lee on Monday.

But a senior Fleishman-Hilliard executive described as a friend of the reclusive musician told RTE state radio that the singer had assured him the story was "completely false" -- and that he had not heard of Gigi Lee.

"None of it is true," said John Saunders, regional president of the company, adding that it was the second hacking incident in three months.

"When I spoke to Van a short while ago I said, like, do you even know this person and he has never heard the name at any stage in the past. He doesn't know who this person is."

Morrison's statement added: "For the avoidance of all doubt and in the interests of clarity, I am very happily married to Michelle Morrison with whom I have two wonderful children."

Van Morrison's website had a message on its front page Thursday saying only: "New website coming soon."

Van Morrison -- known to his fans as Van the Man -- first found fame in the 1960s with the band Them, but his solo career really took off with "Astral Weeks" in 1968, widely regarded as a groundbreaking album.

He has continued recording regularly as his youthful good looks have collapsed into a more rumpled stage persona, and last year performed "Astral Weeks" live for the first time in 40 years.

It's a girl for Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves!

Daughter Vida Alves McConaughey arrived Sunday, Jan. 3 at 12:13 a.m., Matthew announced on his Web site. She weighed in at 7 lbs., 7 oz and joins big brother Levi, 17 months.

" 'Vida' is Portuguese for 'life' and that's what God gave us this morning," the actor blogged. "Camila's recovering wonderfully and we are both truly honored to welcome this little lady into our family. Thanks for all of your well wishes and prayers along the way, another blessed day, we give thanks."

Baby makes six for Mark Wahlberg and Rhea Durham, who welcomed a daughter on Monday, a source confirms to PEOPLE.

Grace Margaret Wahlberg joins siblings Brendan, 16 months, Michael, 3 ½, and Ella, 6.

The Lovely Bones actor, 38, confirmed the pregnancy in October, announcing that Durham was expecting a girl.

Will the brood continue to grow now that Grace has arrived? That's up to his model wife, Wahlberg says.

"My wife is allowed to pick the magic number ... as many as she wants to have."

Will Ferrell Becomes Third-Time Dad

Will Ferrell may often play a big kid on the big screen, but the comedian has become a father for a third time, Access Hollywood has confirmed.

Will and wife Viveca Paulin welcomed Axel, their third son, on Saturday.

"All the Ferrells are well," a rep for the star told Access.

Will and Viveca are also parents to Magnus, 5 ½, and Mattias, 3.

No word yet if the couple - rock fans who led an all-star performance of Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Free Bird" on the final episode of "The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien" on Friday - named their latest offspring after Guns 'N' Roses singer Axl Rose. Either way, Axel will have quite the home video of the night before he arrived.

I had no idea that was Will Ferrell's wife on Conan the other night! :lol: I thought it was part of the joke and just some actress

Wow, I had heard that was his wife on Conan on Friday, but I thought she was fake pregnant and not about to pop for real. :D

Can't see much of baby Benjamin w/ his eyes closed and the snowsuit..but it's the first picture

baby__1265756274_1896.jpg

Padma Lakshmi Gives Birth To Daughter

It's a girl for "Top Chef" host Padma Lakshmi!

"Model, author and Emmy-nominated host of 'Top Chef' Padma Lakshmi gave birth to a baby girl named Krishna Thea Lakshmi on Saturday," Padma's rep told Access Hollywood. "Mother and baby are well and happy."

In January, the "Top Chef" beauty hinted about her daughter's name telling People, "I am going to name the child an Indian name. It will be after someone in my family, so don't expect to see an Anglicized name - it will be a classically Indian Sanskrit name."

The news is joyous for the "Top Chef" host, who announced her pregnancy in October 2009, as she suffers from endometriosis, which in some cases can lead to infertility.

There has been much speculation over who the child's father is. However, Padma has never publicly revealed his identity.

Padma was previously married to "Satanic Versus" author Salman Rushdie, but the two divorced after three years of marriage in 2007.

The thing about Gary becoming a dad at the age of 65..well it's not the age that would seem to be the biggest concern. Congrats to him though.

Gary Busey Welcomes a Son

It's a boy for actor and reality star Gary Busey and girlfriend Steffanie Sampson.

The couple welcomed son Luke Sampson Busey at 6:40 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 23. The baby boy weighed in at 6 lbs., 7 oz.

"This feels like a dream," the couple said in a statement to Entertainment Tonight. "We feel so blessed and are overwhelmed with happiness at Luke's arrival."

Busey, 65, is already dad to a son, actor Jake Busey, and a daughter, Alectra, from previous relationships.

The couple announced the pregnancy in December. Busey will next be seen in the 2010 comedy Grown Ups.

garybusey.jpg

Jenna Elfman Welcomes Baby No. 2!

It's a boy!

Jenna Elfman gave birth to son Easton Quinn Monroe Elfman early Tuesday morning in Los Angeles, E! News has learned.

The 38-year-old Accidentally on Purpose star announced the news via Twitter Friday, writing, "He's an impressive sleeper (thank god!)& I'm his biggest fan. Thank you all so much for your kind words and congrats. We really appreciate it."

This is the second child for the actress and hubby Bodhi Elfman, who are also parents to 2 1/2-year-old Story Elias.

Elfman told E! News in October that Story was excited to meet the new baby and be a big brother.

"I'm not sure if he gets the whole boy or girl thing exactly, but 'baby' he gets," Elfman said. "He's awesome. He gives my tummy a kiss and gives it a bottle and puts the blankie over my tummy and goes, 'Baby, night-night.' "

Two for today:

The Wonder Years' Danica McKellar Expecting First Child

Winnie's preggers!

The Wonder Years star and math guru Danica McKellar is pregnant, according to People.

"I'm nearing the end of my first trimester and I'm so excited I've been bursting to tell people," McKellar told the magazine.

The 35-year-old former child star said she tried to put off the pregnancy test because she didn't want any distractions while she was in the middle of "a really intense deadline" for her new book, Hot X: Algebra Exposed, which hits shelves in August.

"That only lasted a day I couldn't stop thinking about it and I caved! You can't try to put that off," she said.

The baby, due in the fall, is the first child for McKellar and Mike Verta, her husband of one year.

and

Amy Poehler, Will Arnett Expecting Second Child!

Amy Poehler and Will Arnett are expanding their brood!

A rep for the Parks and Recreation comedienne confirms exclusively to UsMagazine.com that the couple is expecting their second child. No due date has been released.

The baby will join big brother Archie, 16 months.

Poehler, 38, married Arnett, 39, in August 2003.

"Any working mother will tell you it's a day-to-day thing," Poehler told TV Guide last November of juggling work and motherhood. "You just do your best and try to make it work."

The comic star added that she and fellow Saturday Night Live alum Tina Fey trade stories about being Hollywood moms. "We [talk] a lot about how we're both working long hours with kids. Our emails and texts are mostly about formula and nannies."

Back
Top Bottom