Interference Movie Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We should start a new thread. Something like Interference Movie Club I - (Movie Title).
Just so people dont have to dig if they havent been following along in the thread to figure out what the movie of the fortnight (!) is. Then the next person in line will start the thread when the time comes. It will be like a little surprise to see what movie name is next to the thread name. Doesnt that sound like fun, you guys? :hyper:
It might also work out nicely that all the discussion on each film is contained within its own thread. If someone wanted to go back and reference a particular movie, it would be all in one neat little package

I like this idea. Though I'm not sure how the 'forum at large' will respond to a new club thread ever two weeks. Shouldn't matter though honestly, big fucking deal right?

Alright, well I'll put the first thread up for ElMel's pick by Monday some time to set the format, I suppose more or less, then everyone can set up their own threads for each round when then have to make their selection as per JT's suggestion. We'll see how that works.

There's also all of those Song Survivor threads in B&C and EYKIW that just get closed when they move onto the next one. That's surely a decent precedent.

True, but couldn't we just have a continuing thread here to discuss picks and scheduling, and then a second thread for the discussion that we just build off of, why do we need separate threads each time out??

If it's not too late, I'd like to join in. If it is too late, I will sleep on a pillow of tears.

Sweet dreams, sucka.

85341-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Sad-Girl-Throwing-Her-Face-Into-A-Pillow-And-Crying.jpg

LemonMelon
Gump
Beav
NSW
Jive Turkey
LMP
Lance
Ashley
Dalton
Shouter
Laz
GAF
Heathcliff
Impy
Cori
Tourist
Powerhour
Scumbo

LemonMelon's pick is sitting on my pc now. Probably I'll be watching it by Tuesday. :) (A good pick by the way, I need to watch more Bette Davis films.)

I shall attempt to summon a mod:

OH MIGHTY MODS, HEAR MY PLEA:

THE ORIGINAL POST IN THIS THREADS NEEDS AMENDING....AND ONLY YOU AND YOUR DIVINE POWERS CAN ACCOMPLISH THIS.....I BESEECH YOU TO AID US IN OUR TIME OF NEED.

SHOULD YOU DEIGN TO HEAR MY LOWLY PLEA, YOU NEED ONLY LOOK TO THE BOTTOM OF PAGE SIX TO SEE A LIST OF GROVELING INTERLANDERS, STARTING WITH HE WHO IS NAMED AFTER THE YELLOW FRUIT THAT YIELDS OVERRATED SONGS, AND ENDING WITH HE WHO SEES THE BRIGHT SIDE IN EVERYTHING.

IF YOU COULD POSSIBLY TRANSFER THAT LIST, USING WHATEVER SORCERY YOU HAVE AT YOUR DISPOSAL, TO THE END OF THE VERY FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD, THEN WE WILL GLADLY SACRIFICE AN INTERLANDER IN YOUR NAME. (It will probably be PFan).

WE THANK THEE PROFUSELY.

I don't know if that will work but it took a lot out of me.

Did you remeber to sacrifice the Christian child? Not sure you need a first born son for this one - it's not that big a request, but definitely a child, Christian preferred.

Was a movie picked yet?

LemonMelon
Gump
Beav
NSW
Jive Turkey
LMP
Lance
Ashley
Dalton
Shouter
Laz