How I Met Your Mother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i didn't care for it. i just felt all the story lines were a rehash of previous episodes. like you said, they've done the robin getting deported thing (and it was so anticlimactic for her to suddenly realize at the end "oh, i can have dual citizenship!" :doh: like it was some big secret. i thought it was common knowledge that your average country (i can at least attest to us, nz, and uk as i've personally been looking into citizenship requirements for these) allows you to keep citizenship of your homeland. anyway though...

plus the road trip thing's been done before. i don't believe the marshall/lily thing was though, but eh. i'll keep watching this season though for sure, but if this turns out to be a lackluster season, the only way i'll watch next season is if writers guarantee we will finally find out who the fuck the mother is.

by great episode, i meant for this season.

if you got me to name the five worst episodes of the entire show, most of these could be up there. lily is annoying as fuck this season, marshall has turned all queer, barney can't be as awesome, and there hasn't been a single bit of development for the main character.

i think would have been stoked if this was the final season, but it kept up the standards of the previous four, which were all good.

ahh yes, i know what you mean. and i totally agree with you. this season it seems like they've run out of things to write about so they're just kinda doing whatever. yet they've forgotten that they can do the biggest reveal of them all. i don't even think i've seen them allude to her or this whole thing except for that one time in the first episode of the season.

try watching without the premise or any idea what's going on. it prevents you being as anal about it

i know ian.

this is the exact reason i relent this place/the rest of the internet sometimes, you can't enjoy things for what they are.

that's why at first i loved last night's ep. it's also why i'll never read the himym blog again.

The most recent episode was my favorite so far this season...although that's not saying much. The scenes depicting their old road trips made me laugh out loud. I love that Proclaimers song like crazy, so that obviously won me over.

I think HIMYM is still (despite the lacklustre season) one of the funniest shows on TV. But it's suffering from the "FRIENDS syndrome". Friends, as it went on, went more for laughs over character development, with the end result being that all the characters were compartmentalized into one dimension. Which is what is happening with HIMYM: Lily is not as cool, Marshall is TOO whipped, Ted is too...Ted. As a Canadian, loved the last episode, particularly for the Tim Horton's reference, but I wanted to beat up Barney. For the record, no one in Toronto has that accent. Most of Canada does not have that accent. You only find it if you go way (WAY) up North. Oh, and I want Tantrum to be invented so I can consume it.:lol:

I've liked most of the episodes so far this season, but last night was SO boring. There was no real point to it, that I could see. I'm starting to agree with all of you - they really need to get going on the mother thing, because otherwise the episodes are going to be as pointless and uneventful as that one was.

I dunno..... I'm afraid that the Barney-Robin relationship has the show getting the ramp ready to jump the shark, and focusing too heavily on the mother bit will get the engines revved up. I think the solution, at least for another season, is to get Ted on some interesting dates again. I feel like that's what's missing. It doesn't need to be the mother, it just needs to be someone (or some girls) who's interesting. And I completely agree with the 'Friends' comment----Marshall's too wussy now, and Lily's essentially non-existent (it's like they started to phase her out when Alyson Hannigan got pregnant, and they have yet to work her back in). Keep the character development going...give us more about their past, give us more kooky stuff like the slap-bet (but new) and Cockamouse!

i don't even remember what happened on the show yesterday. i had to read wikipedia to get a recap. yeah, that's pretty telling. in previous seasons they've always episodes like this with the most boring story line ever. weeks where i could just tell the writers weren't trying. the difference is, that's all we've been getting this season. like utoo said, i'm beginning to think the show's jumping the shark. it's amazing how earlier this season, barney and robin refused to think of themselves as a couple, and magically the next week, robin called him her boyfriend. now barney thinks they're the perfect couple? wtf? the things i liked in the past about the two of them are gone.

and also, as utoo said again, ted needs a woman. as much as i hated the cupcake girl he dated seasons ago, i'd even want her to come back if it meant ted would get some interesting any story lines.

Well I dunno about you guys, but I just finished watching season 3! (Don't hurt me, I've been too poor to buy the dvd's for a while)

Will start season 4 tonight! :up:

i thought cupcake girl was great, very interesting storyline.

last night (and let my preface this by saying it really does hurt me to say this) is the first episode of himym that i would really call boring. nothing happened, almost literally. the only good part was when marshall mucked up what he was meant to say to lily about the dishes.

come on, guys.

bought the fourth season on DVD today :hyper: didn't even know it was out yet. they've boxed the first four seasons now. so i can finally watch season four properly, whilst i wait patiently for this show to improve.

i've invested in it until the end.

big bang theory's quite good too... good to see leonard finally got the girl. and it was half-written by the guy who half-writes two and a half men, which is a great show too.

12154416302105498124qubodup_flat_grin_smiley_emotion_icon_emoticon.svg.med.png

i don't know if it's because i've been watching the fourth season of how i met your mother, but dammit i'm going to say it - GREAT episode.

no side story, still nothing on ted, but there was development there, funny lines, no cheesy marshall-and-lily crap... by the end of the episode i was fist pumping the air.

hold on, peeps, this ain't done with yet!

i think the barney/robin thing might have worked, but the writers got it wrong, so i'm very glad they're "getting back together as friends".

you seriously don't know how excited i was over that last three or four minutes.

"how's barney doing?"
"he's ok, it might take him a while to get over it. did you just feel a chill?"
"Daddy's home."

there's life in the old girl yet :D

carlos i swear half your posts have been "lol"

Back
Top Bottom