Hooouse, MD Season 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SPOILERish?? I dunno...

Okay, was it just me imaging things/fantasizing, or did House tell Wilson he loves him?

:faint::yippie: :hyper: :combust:

GREAT episode. The end was very emotional in my opinion.

Well now...I'm not entirely sure what to say about that one.

On one hand, it was very emotional, and I did get a little teary when the man died with the dog lying in his arms. That was crushing. There were a few good jokes as well, and I loved the concept of the episode.

However, one thing brought it down for me: House was completely out of character. Anyone who has seen Three Stories knows House's take on the afterlife, and it was never as smug and overly-confident as it was tonight. At least for the first half hour. Then House took a complete 180 degree turn and tried to kill himself based on the assumption that he could see/feel something that would discredit his previous opinion. However, House is far too analytical to do something like that, and the writers should know that. This episode seems to have been written by someone who's never actually watched an episode of House in their life.

The Foreman subplot was a nice touch.

I loved this episode.
The tribal council scene was classic.:lmao:
Once again, we were reminded how similar Foreman is to House. It was a direct parallel to House and his team, and his boss trying to rein him in.
I'm still wondering what one is suppose to think about House's attempted "suicide". He sure seemed like he saw something, until he found out car accident guy was dead. I'm intrigued.
The patient/dog death was so sad. I cried. It reminded me of Foreman's mistake last year with the patient who died of the staph infection. It's a simple screw-up that costs big time. Next week looks even better; even more of House's assumptions being challenged. I like it!

Line of the night:
House *after Wilson says he'll go get him pain meds*: "I love you.":laugh:

U2isthebest said:

Line of the night:
House *after Wilson says he'll go get him pain meds*: "I love you.":laugh:

My favorite was Wilson saying "You're an idiot" right as House regained consciousness. :lol:

LemonMelon said:
Well now...I'm not entirely sure what to say about that one.

On one hand, it was very emotional, and I did get a little teary when the man died with the dog lying in his arms. That was crushing. There were a few good jokes as well, and I loved the concept of the episode.

However, one thing brought it down for me: House was completely out of character. Anyone who has seen Three Stories knows House's take on the afterlife, and it was never as smug and overly-confident as it was tonight. At least for the first half hour. Then House took a complete 180 degree turn and tried to kill himself based on the assumption that he could see/feel something that would discredit his previous opinion. However, House is far too analytical to do something like that, and the writers should know that. This episode seems to have been written by someone who's never actually watched an episode of House in their life.

The Foreman subplot was a nice touch.

I agree that it was out of character, but it sort of follows something that started in the season 3 finale. (I'm not sure if you saw that.) The patient had been all but dead, and was only alive because of machines. House and the team couldn't figure out what had killed her, so he finally decided to unhook her. When he did, she came back to life almost immediately. There was no logical explanation, seemingly, but House did figure out her illness and cure her. Yet, that spark seemed to have formed in him because there was no logical reason for her to come back to life This patient was a Believer and she and her husband were doing the theological dance with House for a greater part of the episode. House is curious above all, and will do anything to figure out a puzzle. Like I said, it seems like the writers are trying to challenge everything House thinks he knows and he likes that. I remember reading an interview not long ago (I wish I could remember where it was from) with David Shore, the creator of House who talked about how he wants to show more of House's layers and human side now that the show is established. He made it clear that House is not some person with a gruff exterior that has a heart of gold underneath, like your typical, happy-ending, misanthropic character, but that deep down he's more human than he'll even let himself realize. I'm paraphrasing, but you get the general idea.

U2isthebest said:

I agree that it was out of character, but it sort of follows something that started in the season 3 finale. (I'm not sure if you saw that.) The patient had been all but dead, and was only alive because of machines. House and the team couldn't figure out what had killed her, so he finally decided to unhook her. When he did, she came back to life almost immediately. There was no logical explanation, seemingly, but House did figure out her illness and cure her. Yet, that spark seemed to have formed in him because there was no logical reason for her to come back to life This patient was a Believer and she and her husband were doing the theological dance with House for a greater part of the episode. House is curious above all, and will do anything to figure out a puzzle. Like I said, it seems like the writers are trying to challenge everything House thinks he knows and he likes that. I remember reading an interview not long ago (I wish I could remember where it was from) with David Shore, the creator of House who talked about how he wants to show more of House's layers and human side now that the show is established. He made it clear that House is not some person with a gruff exterior that has a heart of gold underneath, like your typical, happy-ending, misanthropic character, but that deep down he's more human than he'll even let himself realize. I'm paraphrasing, but you get the general idea.

Good point. I never saw the season 3 finale, nor the faith healer episode, for that matter. Probably should get to that soon.

I just thought it was a little bit too extreme, that's all. Then again, I find that my blood starts to boil any time one of my favorite television characters tries to commit suicide on a whim. Must be that damned motherly instinct of mine. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

Good point. I never saw the season 3 finale, nor the faith healer episode, for that matter. Probably should get to that soon.

I just thought it was a little bit too extreme, that's all. Then again, I find that my blood starts to boil any time one of my favorite television characters tries to commit suicide on a whim.

I didn't enjoy it. He's already been shot. We've already seen his infarction in flashbacks in "Three Stories". I mean, how many more near death experiences is the poor man going to be put through for our entertainment?:lol: The more I think about it though, the more I realize it is almost in-character for House. When he's treating a patient, House will go to any length to find out what's eluding him. He just took this to a new level and decided to apply to his life in the truest sense of the word.

Last year's finale and the faith healer episode (blanking on the title, and my friend is borrowing my season 2 DVD) are both awesome.:up: I would recommend checking them out ASAP. Have you ever thought of renting the previous season DVDs or Netflixing them?

U2isthebest said:

I didn't enjoy it. He's already been shot. We've already seen his infarction in flashbacks in "Three Stories". I mean, how many more near death experiences is the poor man going to be put through for our entertainment?:lol: The more I think about it though, the more I realize it is almost in-character for House. When he's treating a patient, House will go to any length to find out what's eluding him. He just took this to a new level and decided to apply to his life in the truest sense of the word.

Last year's finale and the faith healer episode (blanking on the title, and my friend is borrowing my season 2 DVD) are both awesome.:up: I would recommend checking them out ASAP. Have you ever thought of renting the previous season DVDs or Netflixing them?

I do believe we are pretty much in agreement then. :wink: House is borderline insane, so I guess it shouldn't come as much of a surprise. Plus, the blue shockwave looked pretty cool. :hmm:

And, about the DVDs, I have all I need right here: http://www.sidereel.com/

^ I love that website. :heart:

LemonMelon said:

I do believe we are pretty much in agreement then. :wink: House is borderline insane, so I guess it shouldn't come as much of a surprise. Plus, the blue shockwave looked pretty cool. :hmm:

And, about the DVDs, I have all I need right here: http://www.sidereel.com/

^ I love that website. :heart:

Nice.:drool:

I'm still waiting on Season 3 because I had to budget my entertainment moolah in order to get Season 3 of "Desperate Housewives" also.

I remember getting so pissed a couple months ago when I saw a package deal of Seasons 1 and 2 of "House" for $45. I paid $45 each for mine not long before that. .:happy:

I don't know why, but I can't imagine myself watching an episode of House more than a couple of times. I could be wrong, but, like Monk, once the case is figured out it isn't quite the same. :slant:

LemonMelon said:
I don't know why, but I can't imagine myself watching an episode of House more than a couple of times. I could be wrong, but, like Monk, once the case is figured out it isn't quite the same. :slant:

You know, I thought the same thing to at first. I've seen all of Season 1 and 2 once now that I have the DVDs. I've only had them about 4 months, so it would be near impossible to have seen them more than that. I've seen all of Season 3 since I started watching House with the season premeire last year. I was up at school and all of my friends watched it, so I decided to give it a try. I loved it and knew that I'd eventually have to get the DVDs, and long story short, I did. There's a couple episodes in season 2, that I've watched more than once for different reason, and it still stays interesting to me the 2nd or 3rd time around. I just think the show is so well-written and well-acted that I tend to stay in the moment even if I know how the episode is going to end.

OK, did Foreman's boss actually say doing the right thing & saving the patient aren't the same thing? WTF? I hope I heard that wrong...so what, House's new team will be Foreman, the chick that screwed up, and the old dude?

I wasn't crazy about this episode...again, with the killing patients. And Cuddy was kind of a bitch to House (what's new, I know).

CTU2fan said:
OK, did Foreman's boss actually say doing the right thing & saving the patient aren't the same thing? WTF? I hope I heard that wrong...so what, House's new team will be Foreman, the chick that screwed up, and the old dude?

I wasn't crazy about this episode...again, with the killing patients. And Cuddy was kind of a bitch to House (what's new, I know).

SPOILER!!

Foreman is going to come back and beg for his job, but I think he gets rehired to a different part of the hospital like Cameron and Chase. The 3 permanent members of House's team

SPOILER AGAIN!!

are
Number 13
Kumar
plastic surgeon guy

CTU2fan said:

Yeah, that's what she said...:slant:

House's new team will be:

Kumar
The chick that screwed up
The plastic surgeon guy

Foreman will come back in two episodes to oversee the competition.

wait so that girl that he paged last night isnt staying?
I thought she would def. b/c of what happened.

Was kind of disappointed in that episode. Enough with the reality tv bits already, did anyone notice the missing popping of the vicodin....

glad to see Foreman get fired, maybe things will return to their normal wit soon....the new guys are not really growing on me in that dept...

although House handing his cane over was pretty witty...and the old told you so at the end...good one

House telling Wilson he loves him...welll that's jsut wrong...give the man some vicodin....:drool:

what about some green blood :hmm:

Liked it, except for the patient & the dog dying in the end :(
I still didn't understand if the patient gave the dog his pills, or if the dog just took them, and if so, why :scratch:

Last edited:
Lila64 said:
what about some green blood :hmm:

Liked it, except for the patient & the dog dying in the end :(
I still didn't understand if the patient gave the dog his pills, or if the dog just took them, and if so, why :scratch:

I think the dog just took them because he thought it was a tasty treat :shrug:

I'm intrigued over the next episode....I'm thinking Sixth Sense/Ghost Whisperer inspired :hmm:

Alright, so for whatever reason the tv was evil last night and would blank out a key moments. Me = not impressed. :angry:

Anyway, as for the pills, I would have to rewtach the episode cause I feel as if I missed something.
Cause the girl was giving him the pills and was then interupted by the guys coming in and wanting a stool sample, right?
And I'm not sure, but was he still able to actually take the pills himself at that point? Cause otherwise it makes no sense that she would just leave them with him.
Anyway, I'm wondering if they got knocked by the boys at some point???

Doggie :sad: :heart:

The patient asked for some water to take with the pills. He gave the pills to his dog wheh she went to get the water.

Back
Top Bottom