Hooouse, MD Season 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're being very needy this season haha, I think they'll live up to #4, maybe 5 and 7. BTW, where's #6?

got_edge said:
Ummmm, Tritter's the shit. I hope he comes back for a few episodes! :up: :up:

I doubt he will. He was part of a specific story arc that focused on House's issues with Vicodin and addiction. He was just a vindictive asshole who went after House because his pride was hurt.

I'm going to assume since the three are gone from the main storyline that there will be more Wilson and Cuddy :up: hopefully the new characters will be interesting as well. i gotta admit im pretty stoked :hyper:

got_edge said:

I thought that was the focus of the whole series?

It is, but it's really not talked about as much as it's just shown as he pops pills constantly. I can't speak for anyone else, but I tend to almost forget about what a serious addiction he has. When it was brought to the forefront like that it made me realize that even though House has real issues with Vicodin it's necessary for him to function. He might say that a lot, but this really makes you get that he's not joking.

COBL_04 said:
My wants/needs for new season:
2. Stop making people die.

I'm assuming you're talking about patients and if that’s the case, I have to disagree with you. I like the fact that some of his cases started dying.

If you know beforehand that he's going to save everyone's life in the nick of time it's predictable and a little boring imo...

I really want the Cuddy baby arc brought back this season. They dropped it with no explanation.:huh:

I love how we're probably going to have 7 pages before the season actually starts.:lol:

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:
Did anyone see on the red carpet for the emmy's the little gaggle that are apparently the new ducklings?

Saw that little interview they did with a group of them. But no info was really given...

Lila64 said:

Saw that little interview they did with a group of them. But no info was really given...

I saw a clip somewhere on Youtube where they showed a small scene with the 2 new women doctors, and they were pretty bad. It looked really stiff and forced. I don't think these new characters are going to work out so well.:|

elevated_u2_fan said:

I'm assuming you're talking about patients and if that’s the case, I have to disagree with you. I like the fact that some of his cases started dying.

If you know beforehand that he's going to save everyone's life in the nick of time it's predictable and a little boring imo...

Well true, but I was just getting a little agitated towards the end of S3 when they were all dying, and it made everyone cranky, including me. :grumpy:

And the only thing the Tritter thing did for me was to show to me that he has an addiction, I never cared about him throwing back pills before.

My favourite episode so far? The Socratic Method. Watched it last night, and it was really, really good.

elevated_u2_fan said:

Yeah true, but Foreman killing that girl was a real kick in the nuts...

CTU2fan said:

That was really depressing. It was a frickin' staph infection and they didn't find it. I think that's what really caused him to resign. It had nothing to do with turning out like House. Even before it was ever pointed out by anyone on the show, I've always said that Foreman is basically House with slightly less bitterness. Give him a life-changing injury and 15 years and see where he is then.

powerhour24 said:
Staph infections unfortunately kill plenty of people every year.

That is true! However, most of them probably aren't in the hospital with extremely competent doctors running hundreds of tests on them and giving them a treatment that will make it impossible for them to fight off said infection. I probably should've said that in the first place so as not to be so confusing!

CTU2fan said:

I liked that... For me there has to be mistakes made and dark episodes where people die, that’s what makes the show interesting.

There was a period during season 2 where I was seriously considering tuning out because pretty much every episode followed the same basic premise:

-patient presents with strange symptoms
-House and team decide on treatment
-patient gets worse
-House and team decide on another treatment
-patient gets a little better then gets much worse
-House has a brilliant insight (usually at the last second based upon some completely obscure occurrence) and saves the patient's life

Every episode, rinse and repeat and that's fine once and a while. I'm glad I stuck around for the third season though; it went different places with Tritter and the fact that not all his patients were saved and I like that...

U2isthebest said:

That was really depressing. It was a frickin' staph infection and they didn't find it. I think that's what really caused him to resign. It had nothing to do with turning out like House. Even before it was ever pointed out by anyone on the show, I've always said that Foreman is basically House with slightly less bitterness. Give him a life-changing injury and 15 years and see where he is then.

That's what I mean! If that's all that was wrong I was really pissed off.

But yes, elevated's post above me is correct, that is the dead-set sunk-in formula.

I just saw a promo for the new season with possibly the greatest Houseism ever.

House walks up behind Cuddy-
Cuddy: "Where did you come from?"
House: "Apes!...If you believe the Democrats"

:lmao:

U2isthebest said:

Can't say I get it I'm afraid. :( :lol:

It'd be sweet if he went on Rove. :drool:

Hey! Just discovered! Foreman was showing his moments of 'prickness' in Season 1 as well! Whaddya know.

And did anyone explain to me why Chase hated him towards the end of S3?

COBL_04 said:

Can't say I get it I'm afraid. :( :lol:

It'd be sweet if he went on Rove. :drool:

Hey! Just discovered! Foreman was showing his moments of 'prickness' in Season 1 as well! Whaddya know.

And did anyone explain to me why Chase hated him towards the end of S3?

The joke is probably better understood by Americans. The Democrats are (in general) the more liberal of our 2 major political parties, ergo, individual politicians and people who support the Democratic party (I'm one of them, but I'm a bit more conservative in this area, in terms of I can accept God working through science to create everything..) are more likely to align with a more scientific viewpoint on creation. The Christian Right who align with the more conservative Republicans try to say "ZOMG!!!11111 The Democratz believe we all came from MONKIEZZZZZ! HEATHENSZZZZZ!!!1111" which in most cases isn't true. It was more of a poking fun at statements like those.

As for Foreman showing his moments of Housiness in Season 1, you're right! He's been like House from day 1, probably before he even met House. There's an episode in Season 1 (I'm not sure which one, someone else might know) where House, Chase, and Cameron had all pointed out how similar Foreman and House were. Foreman kept getting angry and denying it. At the end of the episode, Foreman and House are in the elevator together and Foreman looks down and sees he and House are wearing the same shoes.:lol: He gets sort of a despairing look on his face, and House just smiles. It's great! I think the main reason Chase was so pissed at Foreman at the end of last season was because of that very reason. Foreman kept saying "I don't want to turn out like House", yet he already was like him. Chase really admires House and thinks of him like a father figure, though he'd never admit it. He was probably thinking something Cuddy said out loud to Foreman when he told her why he was leaving. "There are worse things you could turn into." That was just a wild guess on my part, btw.

U2isthebest said:

The joke is probably better understood by Americans. The Democrats are (in general) the more liberal of our 2 major political parties, ergo, individual politicians and people who support the Democratic party (I'm one of them, but I'm a bit more conservative in this area, in terms of I can accept God working through science to create everything..) are more likely to align with a more scientific viewpoint on creation. The Christian Right who align with the more conservative Republicans try to say "ZOMG!!!11111 The Democratz believe we all came from MONKIEZZZZZ! HEATHENSZZZZZ!!!1111" which in most cases isn't true. It was more of a poking fun at statements like those.

As for Foreman showing his moments of Housiness in Season 1, you're right! He's been like House from day 1, probably before he even met House. There's an episode in Season 1 (I'm not sure which one, someone else might know) where House, Chase, and Cameron had all pointed out how similar Foreman and House were. Foreman kept getting angry and denying it. At the end of the episode, Foreman and House are in the elevator together and Foreman looks down and sees he and House are wearing the same shoes.:lol: He gets sort of a despairing look on his face, and House just smiles. It's great! I think the main reason Chase was so pissed at Foreman at the end of last season was because of that very reason. Foreman kept saying "I don't want to turn out like House", yet he already was like him. Chase really admires House and thinks of him like a father figure, though he'd never admit it. He was probably thinking something Cuddy said out loud to Foreman when he told her why he was leaving. "There are worse things you could turn into." That was just a wild guess on my part, btw.

Ah thanks muchly! :D And that was the episode I just finished watching. It was pretty good actually. However I liked how House was comparing himself to that other doctor (this is the episode with the jazzy guy in a wheelchair) and said to Foreman he was proud of him (not in those words) in that he took a risk. He was wrong but it was good, I dunno, initiative I spose.

^ That was a good one...I think Brandy was in that? But yeah, Foreman was considering going to work with that other doc.

Foreman really is kind of like House...maybe that's why he's my favorite duckling.

I watched "Humpty Dumpty" again last night on my DVD. It's the one where Cuddy's handyman falls off her roof. I forgot how good that one was. I love how everyone is subtly trying to get House and Cuddy to admit they've slept together throughout that episode, and neither of them will admit or deny.:lol:

U2isthebest said:

I can't wait!! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom