Hell's Kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A couple of odd balls, but no one's really popping out at me yet as that guy this season

At least two of the contestants are clearly planted headcases. Neither of them are out yet, so that should keep the fun going.

Why would the kitchen be stocked with packaged tortellini and canned tomato sauce?

Worst season debut for any "reality" show ever. Totally unwatchable.

I was always under the impression that they told the producers what they would need in the kitchen to make their signature dish. I mean, they always have exactly what they need, even if it's something random or rare.

Why would the kitchen be stocked with packaged tortellini and canned tomato sauce?

original.jpg

Agreed that it was one of the worst hours of TV ever. We're through the looking glass here, people.

Dammit I recorded it.. still need to watch. And I'll just edit the thread title.. we'll probably be the only people posting here anyway lol.

That episode was a lot better.

Also nice to see that Ramsey is actually paying attention to the contestants and can make necessary executive decisions when needed. Her exit might have been my favorite in the show's run.

Two episodes in and I'm still not certain if anyone in the kitchen can cook with any degree of competence. Part of me suspects the good dishes were purely accidental or, more likely, not made by any of the contestants themselves.

I love how cruel the editors of this episode were to Simone, by the way.

"This is the day I'm going to show Chef Ramsey what I can do."

*proceeds to screw up every possible dish*

Yeah normally there's a handful who look like they know what they're doing in the kitchen. This season so far, nobody.
Did enjoy Nicole getting booted while not officially up for elimination.

Ok I'm caught up. Didnt it used to be on Tuesdays? That was a better day for me.

That last boot was PERFECT. What the hell was wrong with her? Worst Hell's Kitchen contestant ever.

I wouldn't be surprised if the show is totally rigged. Like if the producers tell them to fuck up in the beginning of the season for the drama factor. Because it seems like most of them always end up getting better in the end by some odd miracle.

I wouldn't be surprised if the show is totally rigged..

I know somebody who was on Bar Rescue last fall. His quote to me was "Reality televison is not all that real".

He told me a few things on the show that were pretty much scripted and a couple of out and out lies to the audience.

I'm sure HK and all the other "reality" shows are no different.

they ought to just wait outside a prison and get parolees for one team
and then go to a homeless shelter to get the other team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy
I wouldn't be surprised if the show is totally rigged..

HEWSON:
I know somebody who was on Bar Rescue last fall. His quote to me was "Reality televison is not all that real".
:wave:
I figured I'd drop in for a min..
..haven't watched HK in a while. But these two comments reminded me of very dissapointed Food Critic Robert Sietsema, who was a Restaurant /Food Critic for 20 years at The Village Voice (now elsewhere bc of severe budget cuts) who went with a friend to a taping of then - Iron Chief. (I've gone to and have made repeat visits to places based on his reviews, this gave me a change to remmeber, and now find him on-line yay!)

So here is a link to his experience on the :tsk: not-quite-so-real Iron Chef "reality" cooking show..

Iron Chef Boyardee - - Dining - New York - Village Voice

we are led to believe that these teams invent their recipes on the spot in an amazing display of culinary creativity.

The Food Network has admitted as much, saying in the past that the contestants are given a short list of possible secret ingredients ahead of time so the reveal isn't a total surprise. But I wonder if that list is really longer than one or two items.

Then it dawned on me: In most cases, the recipes were being executed a second time for the judges, mostly by the sous chefs, but with help from the Oompa-Loompas. I was shocked. If the actual dishes produced during the contest weren't being tasted, the competitive validity of the whole show was further undermined: What was the point of the race if the dishes were casually recooked for judging an hour later?

The last two ingredients clearly never saw the surface of the ingredients table, either, and were further proof of the predeveloped state of the recipes and foreknowledge of the main ingredient.

I kinda thought everybody already knew all of this about the show. That's the least "Contest" based of all of the cooking shows, IMO. The point is really just to highlight two impressive chefs. The hour "limit" is basically just there to give a sense of urgency, but I've never found the time limit remotely important.

Anyways, I have no delusions about "reality" shows, especially Hell's Kitchen.

I'm working for my first reality show next week. I suspect my life is going to be forever different after this.

Though I will say this, about 5 or 6 months ago, they filmed an episode of Restaurant Impossible in the city my mom lives in (and that I live right outside of). From what I could tell and the stories I heard, that show is basically on the up and up. The only thing that was a little sketch about it was that the owners of the restaurant basically only did the show to nicen it up for someone else to buy, cause they were out of business before the episode even aired. Though, from what I heard, the host of the show also encouraged them to sell.

I kinda thought everybody already knew all of this about the show. That's the least "Contest" based of all of the cooking shows, IMO. The point is really just to highlight two impressive chefs. The hour "limit" is basically just there to give a sense of urgency, but I've never found the time limit remotely important.

Anyways, I have no delusions about "reality" shows, especially Hell's Kitchen.

I'm working for my first reality show next week. I suspect my life is going to be forever different after this.

If you read the date the article was frm 6 yrs ago.
Maybe when it was still believible..... (all done in the airtime limit, and real suprze ingrediants etc )

Have fun on your RS ! Hopefully it'll make the airwaves. :)

The reality show I was working on the last few weeks has finally been officially announced, so I think it's safe to share that I was working on a spin-off of Dance Moms, which is kind of like the Dance studio version of Kitchen Nightmares. I ended up working on two episodes instead of one, and I'll actually be in a little bit of the second (well, 5th) episode, because I was in the art department.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lGgPrK_Z-4

Back
Top Bottom