Hell's Kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chef Zach, we hardly knew ye.

Thought Cindy was gonna drop dead (and cause a 7.2 mag earthquake in SO Cal) while unloading potatoes from the truck.

She needed help from:

tumblr_l9xzyr0DCC1qztjn5o1_500.jpg

Oh damn it. I forgot I missed the new episode last night. Shit Shit Shit. I just read Hewson's post :sad:

OK, its been 4 bloody weeks since we've seen someone eliminated from this fiasco of a season, Ramsbo better cut someone tonight or I'm done with the show.

I like Jon, but come on. How was that worth a cliffhanger? He was terrible in the most important service of the season. Just cut him and move on. After that episode, Ja'nel and Mary are clearly the top 2, and I think it would be rad as fuck if Mary pulled it off. Based on what I saw in that episode, she can definitely handle her team.

Yeah, that was insanely bad. If you can't run the pass, you shouldn't win. Period. I mean, isn't that kind of the whole point of the show? Whether you can run the kitchen? He's a great chef, but he failed where it counted most.

MARY!!! :hyper:

Mary showed great command of the pass, far superior to any of the other 5 (Jon, Ja'nel and the 3 people stuffed into one uniform they called Cindy). She has grown immensely during the competition (insert 2nd Cindy joke here). Probably not he best cook of the group, but isn't wilting under pressure and seems she can handle the more important tasks of running a kitchen.

Would like to see her win since early on she looked a prime candidate for a quick departure.

I have had a pretty strong running theory all season long that they cut Mary to look like an idiot just because of her squeaky voice.

But, yeah, she owned the kitchen last night. Which I'm glad for, because she just about blew it with that Sole a few weeks back.

Oh dang you caught up already?? I just caught up. I cant believe Mary is in the final 2! Bets on who's next to her? I say Ja'Nel.

I think Ja'Nel is the only one capable of winning this thing.

From May 2nd. (And man did they stretch this season out far too much)

And bringing Dan back was unfair. I think Gordo has his mind made up on the winner long before the finale (like further back than my above quoted comment, probably in the script that the actors were given back in November at the start of rehearsals in fact), but allowing some idiot like Dan to possibly influence who wins this thing is just wrong.

Yeah I think most of us knew Ja'Nel would at least be in the finals. Good on her :up:

Mary should have won. Ja'nel wasn't communicating well with her team at all, while Mary faced tougher challenges in the kitchen and handled them skillfully. As far as I could see, she actually finished first, with Dan and Nedra in the kitchen. That's damn impressive. Either way, both chefs would have done a credible job, but to me it's pretty obvious that the winner was decided a while ago. Ja'nel turned in a couple of B+ weeks at the end, while Mary has been on her A game for a month.

I agree, Mary handled the Dan/Nedra situation really well.

Like I mentioned before, this show always comes down to who runs the kitchen better, for me. Mary, however, did have that moment where she wasn't handling her tickets well and while I'm sure that was nerves, I'm guessing it must have hurt her pretty bad.

Ja'Nel actually had a couple of C- or D+ weeks towards the end before rebounding a bit. It was in the script when the writers drafted this season back in 2011 that she would be the winning actress.

Mary certainly showed far more growth and frankly I think that would have me leaning towards her if this were a legitimate competition and Gordo was legitimately looking for a valuable long term employee, both of which we know are not the case.

Back
Top Bottom