GOSSIP GIRL - You know you love it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
Hey, Upper East Siders. GAF here. And I have the biggest news ever. Season 2 of Gossip Girl is premiering tonight on the CW at 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time!!!

Based on a popular series of novels, adapted for the small-screen by Josh Schwartz, and narrated by Kristen Bell, the show is about a group of rich and sexy Manhattan socialites who get into all kinds of misadventures while living their sexy and privileged lives. The key word here is sex. This is quite possibly the sexiest TV show of all-time.

The show is filmed entirely on location in Manhattan, and each twist of the story and turn of the camera oozes cool. It is the flagship show of our generation, the sun around which our 21st Century popular culture revolves. It is now, and it is fresh, it is pretty, it is flashy, it is tawdry, tantalizing, juicy, it is over-the-top and it is sexy. It is the current standard bearer of "it"

So, who watches? Is anybody alive out there? And if you haven't been hooked already, I implore you to take the plunge and get lost with me in this whirlwind of martinis, money, betrayal, romance, guilt, sex, drugs, and fun.

gossip-girl__oPt.jpg

gossip-girl.jpg

gossip-girl-omfgreduced.jpg

Discuss...

Chuck! He is so evil and he is my arch-nemesis. He forced himself on Jenny in the first episode and I've never forgiven him for it.

They really seemed to back off of that storyline. I wonder if they realized they didn't want Chuck to be quite so evil and just kind of pretended it never happened.

I don't like Jenny; I think she's a brat. I want to slap her. A lot.

Chuck and Blair FTW!

Yeah, I think you might be right with that. They made Chuck a lot more sympathetic as the season went on.

But Blair FTW for sure. She's my favorite.

Never watched a single episode.

I don't think I plan to.

Doesn't look like anything too substantiative.

I hate that it's become a "thing" like watching the "OC" was a "thing." :( I hate the hype. :( Why must I hate the hype? :sad: It's a good thing I didn't listen to the hype about the dark knight. :love: I shudder at what I would have missed.

I hate that I got "shhhhhh"ed by 2 friends when I dared to ask them a question while they were huddled around a laptop watching a downloaded episode of GG that they could have rewound instead of shushing me not once but TWICE! :angry: wtf is that about? bitches. :angry: I told them they were lame.

I hate that's it's okay to watch gossip girl but not okay to watch the hills. :( (oh LC & Brody, why can't you just pretend to pretend to be together? )

:lol: Gotcha.

I don't watch it for anything substantive. I like it because it's a bunch of pretty people doing naughty things, and sometimes doing nice things. I never watched shows like that before, I feel justified for doing it now. I have no problem with the fact that it's fluff.

My reasoning for liking this show and foaming at the mouth over The Hills is at least this show is nothing more than fiction with actors, and no one tries to pretend otherwise. The Hills has that whole faux reality thing, where they're "living their lives" on camera and some are trying to take that to the next level, as if any of them have any sort of talent that should be praised and rewarded with fame and not just famous because someone decided they should be.

Whew. Sorry, went off a moment there. Anyway, I know everyone knows it's fake, but that's the reason why I feel "okay" watching GG and wouldn't touch The Hills with a ten-foot cattle prod.

And for the record, I never watched The OC and hated all the hype around it. Dunno why GG doesn't bring that same reaction out of me. Just one of those things, I guess!

I love the hills b/c I love to hate Spencer & his (to quote Joel Mchale) "creepy flesh-colored beard." :love:

I would like to believe Spenser really is a douche and doesn't have to pretend to be one for tv.

I love the hills b/c I love to hate Spencer & his (to quote Joel Mchale) "creepy flesh-colored beard."

Ew! :lol:

I wouldn't be sad if a meteor crashed to earth tomorrow and took out only Heidi and Spencer. When I see them on TV or read about them on gossip sites, it makes me want to throw things.

OHMYGOD WHY ARE THEY FAMOUS!!?!?

Blair, the Hamptons, Vitamin water, fancy white clothes, Blair, fake British people, more Blair! You ain't seen nothin yet...

:drool:

But Chuck blew it big time. What an idiot.

I blame my wife on getting me hooked on this stupid show... I really have no logical reason as to why I like it, other than Chuck Bass I can't think of another character who even remotely is interesting, yet I continue to watch.

Damn CW for including mind control rays in the signal somehow! :angry:

I am totally hooked on this show. :love: I discovered it during the writers strike (watched almost all of the 13 episodes in one sitting :reject: ), and have been addicted ever since.

Loved the first episode, and I'm sure I'll be just as hooked this season.

Back
Top Bottom