Golden Globe Awards 2011 Viewing Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did do some googling and saw that Travolta had got some of the same accusations that Cruise has had for years. Anyways, the hits on the Sex and the City women was a little mean, too.

But, after that last movie. well.

I assumed that he was referring to Tom Cruise as well.

I don't find Ricky Gervais to have been funny but I also think that the celebs that actually complained after the fact are pretty lame and ridiculous. Robert Downey Jr. (whom I loooove as an actor) in particular - dude if you were a young black kid from Harlem, your ass would still be in jail. Get a life.

anitram, this is for you.

tumblrlf593xrnc81qzpwi0.gif

:wink:

I don't find Ricky Gervais to have been funny but I also think that the celebs that actually complained after the fact are pretty lame and ridiculous. Robert Downey Jr. (whom I loooove as an actor) in particular - dude if you were a young black kid from Harlem, your ass would still be in jail. Get a life.

I agree, and I like RDJ, have been rooting for him to stay clean. It's pretty much accepted in celebrity gossip circles (and said to be an open secret in Hollywood itself) that both Cruise and Travolta are gay and joined $cientology as a sort of ex-gay therapy, and to enhance the public's perception of them as hetero leading men.

Last year, there were rumours going around that a gay celebrity scientologist was about to come out and leave his female partner and the cult. The repercussions of this would have been huge, because it's said that during the cult's "auditing sessions," things that people reveal are recorded and kept for future blackmailing purposes. It was implied that this was Travolta, that he became disillusioned with the cult after his son's death, and wanted to escape from their clutches and live an honest life. Then supposedly Preston got pregnant purposely to prevent him from doing this, because she's still a firm believer.

Who knows. But it was certainly interesting the way that Gervais referred to "two heterosexual actors pretending to be gay, the complete opposite of some Scientologists, then." So, I'm positive he was referring to Cruise and Travolta. Has he been reading the gossip columns, or has he heard talk?

I have no idea if any of this is true. For the record, I can't stand Cruise, but if this situation is true for Travolta, it's heartbreaking, I really like him.

The joke was it being the exact opposite of "two heterosexual actors pretending to be gay". He was talking about both of them. (also "so the complete opposite of some famous scientologists then")

Just sayin' ;)

Back
Top Bottom