Going to the chapel.... The Marriage Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ugly_Betty_Salary_7_6_07.jpg

‘Ugly Betty gets engaged

there is hope for losers.

Orlando Bloom, Miranda Kerr Engaged!

Sorry, ladies: Orlando Bloom is getting hitched.

The actor, 33, and supermodel Miranda Kerr "are engaged," his rep tells UsMagazine.com.

Entertainment Tonight first reported the news Monday.

It will be the first marriage for both stars.

The two have been tight-lipped about their relationship ever since they began dating in 2007 (they met through a friend).

"Everyone asks me to talk about him and they get really annoyed with me when I say no," Kerr, 27, told New York Post's Page Six magazine in 2008. "But if you want to know about him, why don't you go and ask him? I'm sorry, but that's just how it is."

They dogged engagement rumors earlier this year, with Kerr telling Britain's Hello! magazine: "I think Orlando is an incredible man and he’s a very genuine and authentic individual. I’m grateful that he’s in my life. No, we’re not engaged. You can’t always believe everything you read!”

Last fall, Bloom couldn't help but gush about Kerr at the reopening of the famous La Mamounia hotel in Morocco.

"Miranda and I spend so much time apart; she's working hard, I'm working hard, so we have to grab time together whenever we can," he told reporters. A weekend here, a weekend there ... We are just enjoying our time together now."

Now that they're engaged, are kids next?

"I've always wanted kids," Kerr told Page Six, "so someday, eventually, yes, it will happen."

Megan Fox Finally Marries Brian Austin Green
After Two Engagements and Six Years of Dating, Megan Fox Weds Brian Austin Green in Hawaii

By SHEILA MARIKAR
ABC News

June 29, 2010— A little piece of most men in America probably died this morning upon waking up and learning that yes, Megan Fox is officially married.

The 24-year-old sex symbol wed her longtime boyfriend, Brian Austin Green, 36, in Hawaii June 24, according to their reps. Green's 8-year-old son, Kassius, attended the small, private ceremony held at the Four Seasons hotel on Hawaii's Big Island.

Photographs obtained by TMZ.com show the newlyweds frolicking in the sand following their ceremony, she in a red bikini, he in white board shorts, both flaunting wedding bands.

Fox and Green's marriage comes after a long if rocky relationship. The "Transformers" and "Jonah Hex" actress started dating the star of the old school "90210" in 2004 after meeting him on the set of the sitcom "Hope & Faith." The two briefly split in February 2009 after a two-year engagement.

"I was with someone from the time I was 18, so I've never been forced to take care of myself. I've always had someone doing that for me," Fox told the Daily Telegraph at the time. "Right now, there's no space in my head for who's going to be next or how I need to fill my time. I'm just trying to be comfortable with who I am before I get into another relationship."

Fox, admittedly, has relationship issues. In a 2009 interview with Esquire, she revealed she's bisexual but said she had no interest in getting involved with a woman who's also bisexual.

"I have no question in my mind about being bisexual," she said. "I'm also a hypocrite: I would never date a girl who was bisexual, because that means they also sleep with men, and men are so dirty that I'd never want to sleep with a girl who had slept with a man."

Apparently, Green isn't too dirty for Fox. His last serious relationship prior to Fox was with Vanessa Marcil, the mother of his 8-year-old son. Within a few months of his February '09 split with Fox, they reconciled, and he proposed for a second time June 1.

Fox hasn't always championed marriage. But earlier this month, while promoting "Jonah Hex," she waxed poetic about her newfound respect for legitimizing the relationship between a man and woman.

"If you're going to be with someone and make a commitment, it's good to tell the universe, to say I'm committing to this person and making them my family," she told "Access Hollywood." "I think there's something respectable about that, and if we were to do it, it would be for ourselves. It wouldn't' be for society."

Rep: Avatar's Zoe Saldana Is Engaged!
Us Magazine - June 30, 2010 4:51 PM PDT

Avatar actress Zoe Saldana is engaged, her rep confirms to the new issue of Us Weekly (on newsstands now).

The actress, 32, "is thrilled" to tie the knot with boyfriend of 10 years, Keith Britton, a source tells Us. "They’ve been together forever. They’re a great couple."

But a low-key one!

Saldana has mostly kept quiet about her relationship with the 33-year-old actor and CEO of My Fashion Database.

"She doesn’t even introduce him as her fianc," adds another insider. "She will just say, 'This is Keith.' She likes to keep her personal life to herself and wants people to focus on her as an actress."

The second source tells Us that Saldana isn't stressing about the wedding, either: "She hasn’t stopped working to plan anything."

Quite a few weddings this past weekend:

Stars like Martin Lawrence, La La Vasquez tie the knot in style during wedding-filled weekend

BY Amanda Sidman
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Love was certainly in the air this weekend as five power couples rang wedding bells from New York City to Lake Como, Italy. And (surprise, surprise) these famous lovebirds tied the knot in style: A-list guests, designer gowns, and exclusive venues marked each event.

On Long Island, Rep. Anthony Weiner married gorgeous girlfriend Huma Abedin at the exclusive Oheka Castle in Huntington. During the ceremony, which was officiated by former Prez Bill Clinton, the couple recited their own vows. Weiner's brother and Huma's sister both delivered toasts, while nearly 400 guests dined on risotto, tomato and mozzarella salad, Middle Eastern lamb, and cod.

In a slightly more raucous affair in Manhattan, MTV veejay La La Vasquez and Denver Nuggest baller Carmelo Anthony got hitched at Cipriani 42nd St.

"u're the 1st person Ive seen tryin 2jump off the stage in2 the crowd in a wedding dress!" DJ Clue posted to Vasquez on her Twitter page Sunday.

And while were sure Vera Wang wouldn't be happy to hear that, the new Mrs. Anthony says crowd surfing or not, it was everything she'd ever hoped for.

"Last night was truly the most AMAZING night of my life," the 30-year-old tweeted to the likes of Serena Williams and Justin Timberlake, who were on hand at the bash. "thank u to everyone who shared it w/me!"

On the other coast, funnyguy Martin Lawrence married longtime girlfriend Shamicka Gibbs in front of 100 guests — including Eddie Murphy — at their Beverly Hills home.

Their daughters Amara, 9, and Iyana, 7, and Lawrence's daughter Jasmine, 14, from a previous marriage were flower girls.

People reports that "after the ceremony, the newlyweds joined their guests under a tent ... for the family-style celebration," where crabcakes and salmon were served.

Meanwhile, down South, country cutie Carrie Underwood made it official with her NHL beau Michael Fisher at the Ritz-Carlton Lodge in Greensboro, Ga.

The 27-year-old bride, outfitted in Monique Lhuillier, said, "I do" to her 30-year-old hubby in front of 250 guests, including Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.

And across the pond, Hollywood It couple John Krasinski and Emily Blunt tied the knot in a private ceremony at Villa d'Este in Como, Italy.

Guests including George Clooney and gal pal Elisabetta Canalis (on whose estate the newlyweds have been staying since July 4th weekend) partied aboard a private boat called the Concordia until the wee hours of Sunday morning.

Quite a few weddings this past weekend:

Stars like Martin Lawrence, La La Vasquez tie the knot in style during wedding-filled weekend

BY Amanda Sidman
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Love was certainly in the air this weekend as five power couples rang wedding bells from New York City to Lake Como, Italy. And (surprise, surprise) these famous lovebirds tied the knot in style: A-list guests, designer gowns, and exclusive venues marked each event.

On Long Island, Rep. Anthony Weiner married gorgeous girlfriend Huma Abedin at the exclusive Oheka Castle in Huntington. During the ceremony, which was officiated by former Prez Bill Clinton, the couple recited their own vows. Weiner's brother and Huma's sister both delivered toasts, while nearly 400 guests dined on risotto, tomato and mozzarella salad, Middle Eastern lamb, and cod.

In a slightly more raucous affair in Manhattan, MTV veejay La La Vasquez and Denver Nuggest baller Carmelo Anthony got hitched at Cipriani 42nd St.

"u're the 1st person Ive seen tryin 2jump off the stage in2 the crowd in a wedding dress!" DJ Clue posted to Vasquez on her Twitter page Sunday.

And while were sure Vera Wang wouldn't be happy to hear that, the new Mrs. Anthony says crowd surfing or not, it was everything she'd ever hoped for.

"Last night was truly the most AMAZING night of my life," the 30-year-old tweeted to the likes of Serena Williams and Justin Timberlake, who were on hand at the bash. "thank u to everyone who shared it w/me!"

On the other coast, funnyguy Martin Lawrence married longtime girlfriend Shamicka Gibbs in front of 100 guests — including Eddie Murphy — at their Beverly Hills home.

Their daughters Amara, 9, and Iyana, 7, and Lawrence's daughter Jasmine, 14, from a previous marriage were flower girls.

People reports that "after the ceremony, the newlyweds joined their guests under a tent ... for the family-style celebration," where crabcakes and salmon were served.

Meanwhile, down South, country cutie Carrie Underwood made it official with her NHL beau Michael Fisher at the Ritz-Carlton Lodge in Greensboro, Ga.

The 27-year-old bride, outfitted in Monique Lhuillier, said, "I do" to her 30-year-old hubby in front of 250 guests, including Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.

And across the pond, Hollywood It couple John Krasinski and Emily Blunt tied the knot in a private ceremony at Villa d'Este in Como, Italy.

Guests including George Clooney and gal pal Elisabetta Canalis (on whose estate the newlyweds have been staying since July 4th weekend) partied aboard a private boat called the Concordia until the wee hours of Sunday morning.

APNewsBreak: Cruz, Bardem marry in the Bahamas - Yahoo! News

Penepole Cruz & Javier Bardem get married in the Bahamas!

By MESFIN FEKADU, Associated Press Writer Mesfin Fekadu, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 57 mins ago
NEW YORK – It's a match made in Oscar heaven: Penelope Cruz (krooz) and Javier Bardem (HAH'-vee-ayr bar-DEHM') have gotten married.

Cruz's representative Amanda Silverman confirms the couple were married in the beginning of July at a friend's house in the Bahamas.

She said in an e-mail to The Associated Press on Tuesday the ceremony for the 36-year-old Cruz and the 41-year-old Bardem was a small one that only family members attended.

Cruz's wedding dress was designed by a longtime friend, fashion designer John Galliano.

Cruz and Bardem are from Spain. They appeared together in the 2008 Woody Allen romantic comedy "Vicky Cristina Barcelona." Cruz won a supporting-actress Oscar for her role.

Bardem won a supporting-actor Oscar for the 2007 crime thriller "No Country for Old Men."

carrie-underwood-wedding-pictures.jpg

Carrie Underwood and her husband, pro hockey player Mike Fisher, proudly show off their wedding pictures on the latest cover of People, on stands Friday.

Here’s a run-down of their wedding:

– About 250 guests attended the wedding on Saturday at the Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation in Greensboro, Georgia.

– Carrie wore a chantilly lace and silk organza Monique Lhuillier gown and a diamond tiara, which was Mike’s gift to his new bride.

– Carrie walked down the aisle to a string quartet playing Wagner’s Bridal Chorus.

– Carrie’s nephew Max was the ring bearer and Mike’s cousin Hanna was flower girl. Carrie’s dog Ace was also in attendance — he wore a Swarovski crystal-encrusted pink tuxedo.

– The wedding cake was a cupcake tower made by bridesmaid Ivey Childers and the couple’s first dance was “Love Never Fails”, sung at the wedding by contemporary Christian singer Brandon Heath.

“Carrie looked stunning,” Mike said at the wedding. “I was thanking God for her, for that moment. It’s something I’ll never forget.”

Back
Top Bottom