Fringe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't like any of the Olivia talking with the stupid Nimoy voice stuff. :huh: I mean yeah we know it's supposed to be him, we don't need the bad impression to help us remember. The whole "which Olivia will Peter choose" thing is dumb too. Hopefully this will pick up, because lately I've been kinda :sigh: on it. Right now I'm still watching just to see Blair Brown and John Noble on my TV screen.

The half A Scanner Darkly - half Inception episode last Friday was sorta lame.

I didn't like any of the Olivia talking with the stupid Nimoy voice stuff. :huh: I mean yeah we know it's supposed to be him, we don't need the bad impression to help us remember. The whole "which Olivia will Peter choose" thing is dumb too. Hopefully this will pick up, because lately I've been kinda :sigh: on it. Right now I'm still watching just to see Blair Brown and John Noble on my TV screen.

Yeah, the previous episode was a little too much filler and a stretch.
Olivia needs to not be afraid? Belly is really dead? Okay thanks, got it. :shrug:

Friday night's episode was better. I'm glad to see the conflict coming to a head between universes, but I really hope they use it well versus stringing it out too much. I assume the season finale was written/shot before they were renewed, so that bodes well.

(I just finished the final season of The Wire, too, so seeing Daniels/Broyles trip was extra funny. "Drugs?" :lol: )

Have you seen the season finale trailer that just came out this evening??

It's awesome, well it's more than that.

It's like when you first see the Claw :D :drool:

The last episode definitely ended off in a strange place, that's for sure.

Btw, I'm curious, do you think the writers love or hate U2? Or neither? :)

Those 'Who's Bono?' and 'Is he any good?' lines were hilarious anyway.

I could have been happy if they had to end the series on that--a little round-about, but good enough.

But, it will be interesting to see what Season 4 brings.
I'm NOT looking forward to a lot of split-screen shots--for those that saw the ending.

BTW--I liked Astrid's new look the best.

I could have been happy if they had to end the series on that--a little round-about, but good enough.

But, it will be interesting to see what Season 4 brings.
I'm NOT looking forward to a lot of split-screen shots--for those that saw the ending.

BTW--I liked Astrid's new look the best.

I agree with all of this. :up:

Including Astrid. :D

So I'm finally catching up with Boardwalk Empire after only seeing the premiere last year, and in Episode 4 there's a prostitute played by the same actress who was the grown-up version of Ella in the Fringe season finale last week.

Let's just say it's worth having a look.

Ha, I was wondering what I recognized her from.

It had seemed pretty much obvious where they were going with the two universes for the last number of episodes, so I can't exactly say I'm surprised by how the finale wound up. That said, I have no idea what the watchers were talking about at the very end.

Well, Lost always did have a plan from the beginning I thought, but the writers had to add filler at one point when the network wanted to cash in and not set an end date for the show. Once they finally got their set end date, they were able to set the storyline rolling again. (Unfortunately the writer's strike also wreaked a bit of havoc with some of it too.)

Dunno, I think the opposite :D I liked the direction they went in Season 3. I mean the mysterious Others and the real badass Ben but then it all fell apart in the later seasons :(

Anyway. When is Fringe back? I suppose sometime in late September? We're gonna have a long Summer :)

:wink: Well actually, season 3 is where they had to add some filler because they couldn't continue with the actual story with no end date in sight. "Stranger in a Strange Land" for example? :doh:
I think it got rolling again quite well with real direction after that, but yes, that's for another thread. ;)

I can't remember when Fringe starts again at the moment.

The first segment of Season 3 was the absolute nadir of Lost's run.

It did pick up steam mid-season, though, ending with perhaps the greatest season finale in television history.

Is that the Fringe agent from the other universe (who randomly was in one episode on the "our" universe)?

Yes :yes:

And since he's the first major character to be introduced in the alt-universe, making that his regular universe, does that mean when we see the Lincoln in our universe he's alt-Lincoln? :hmm:

When is Fringe back? I suppose sometime in late September? We're gonna have a long Summer :)

If they stick to the status quo then we should see season 4 premiere in North America on Friday 16 Sept. They should start shooting in Vancouver again towards the end of June.

Yep it sucks we have to wait.

Thanks. I thought it would start around the 23th.

Ah yes, life seems to be about waiting recently :) Waiting for the new album, waiting for the new season of Fringe, etc...

That's off but recently I'm treating myself with Deadwood. Just discovered it. It's great. Shame it had only 3 seasons.

Anyone still watching?

This is from last week...

fringe503hdtv-lolmp4_002459415.jpg

Looks like there's still a U2 fan involved in the show. :love:

Haha! I always liked the little Bono/U2 references. I still say the baby should have been named Bono. :giggle:

Sadly though, I'm no longer watching. :sigh: I lost interest, I dunno, I had high hopes but just couldn't stay with it. Maybe someday I'll pick up where I left off and give it another chance.

At least I have a fair amount of really good shows to watch right now though! :D (Dexter, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Homeland, Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, Haven.)

Walter was just fucking with Astrid all along?

umadwalterbishop_zps3cc6b11a.jpg

I loved that finale as I loved the series.

I got teary when Walter saw the ambered Gene.

Shows you how far this series fell off the map given then reaction here to the series finale. One post? The finale wasn't bad. It had some ups and some...whatevers.

Walter was a great character. That's about the best thing I can say in the end.
The one feeling that never left me in this series was that Peter was horribly miscast.

Also I wanted to see the adult Etta again (not just in quick flashbacks) in the finale.
Such a pristinely beautiful face. I hope she lands on some other series.

Back
Top Bottom