Friday Night Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was on - I don't know about back on (if you mean new episodes). I haven't seen it months, so anything would have been new to me.

Tim Riggins :hug::drool:
cheering-1.gif

I seem to be out of the loop on this, even though it's one of my favorite shows. I need to find out how many more new episodes there are ... if there are any left, with the strike. :(

Yep, looks like this is a new one. I wonder if I missed an episode - I don't remember Riggins moving in with the Taylors, or Coach suggesting it.

yeah, I was going to ask how that all happened. do you know matt and coaches daughter chick broke up?

I think the last one I saw was the wife was only halfway through the pregnancy :reject:

Yeah, they broke up at the beginning of the season. Julie has been the biggest bitchy brat this whole season, and I just want to smack her. Her mom already did, once.

It's been kind of a weird season - it took a while to pick up, for me, and that Landry/Tyra plot seemed like a really odd thing to throw into this show, but so far it seems to not have screwed things up. I thought maybe by introducing that storyline the show was going to head down more melodramatic routes, and I was not happy about that.

are you watching right now?

that's too bad, I liked them as a couple. If she's being a bitch though that makes sense. The whole Riggins thing is driving me mad, I want to know how he ended up there.

It's not on for another hour and a half in my time zone. :)

I don't remember Riggins' exact path to the Taylors' house, but just before this move, he was living with this white trash scary dude who turned out to have a meth lab in the back yard. Riggins got the hell out of there, and I guess now is apparently at Coach's.

Do you know what happened with Tyra and Landry at the start of the season?

No, Like I said, I haven't seen it since the wife was early - pregnant and Caoch was in the other city.

I know the last time I saw youu could tell Landry was besotted with her. What happened?

Well! Tyra and Landry were ... I don't remember. Hanging out somewhere remote.

Remember the dude from last season who tried to rape Tyra? He'd been following her around or something, and he showed up and started attacking Tyra.

Landry grabbed something big and heavy, smacked him in the head with it, and killed him. He and Tyra dumped the body in a river.

Landry's dad (a cop, if you remember) eventually found out ... and then helped him cover up the crime! They took Landry's car out somewhere and burned it.

Landry eventually turned himself in and even though he was confessing and taking full blame, his dad convinced him to tell a whiite lie and say it was completely self-defense (even though the guy was down for the count when Landry kept hitting him).

Last we heard of it, the cops weren't going to press charges. Which seemed weird to me, but I'm guessing it's not the last we hear of that storyline.

In the middle of all this, Landry's dad went to Tyra and told her basically she was bad news and he didn't want her hanging around Landry (he didn't know Landry had killed the guy at that point). Tyra thought he was right and did the whole "get away from me, you geeky freak" thing to drive Landry away, but their big secret pulled them back together ... I don't think they had quite gotten together romantically again, but with all that hanging over them, you can't really blame them.

It's been a while since the last episode that was a new one, so I can't remember where exactly they stand now, relationship-wise.

Phew. That was a long explanation. :wink:

Thanks for that - I had no idea all this went on.

Wow. I'm surprised at Landry, but he seems like such a lost puppy.

they way you described the end of that storyline it seems ripe for a dredging up at some point.

I like both their characters, and now I see what you mean about not being sure about that storyline. I hope it doesn't derail/distract too much from the other great characters.

You'll have to tell me your thoughts on tonight's show :frigginwestcoast:

I'm going to have to start taping this. I can't figure out the timeshifting thing and am too cheap to pay for PVR.

I was going to ask - is Smash still with that girl? has he calmed down and the drugs thing gone away?

No idea about Smash's bipolar girlfriend. I'm a little peeved she just disappeared without even a mention. But like I said, we've had very little Smash this season so far.

I really liked last night's episode. The ending pissed me off, but only because I hate Julie so much. It's all her fault! :mad: And of course she won't remember what happened tomorrow to clear things up. Whatever, you whiny little brat!

I don't like the storyline with The Saracen and his mom's caretaker. That's just weird.

The PILOT was on television last night.

The are re-running the entire series again!

I remember posting in a thread before that I did not have time to catch this series.

Even though it kept getting great critic reviews.

I said I would catch it on the back side.

when it hit “nick at nite” or some other cable channel.

Well with this damn writers strike there is not much worth watching on TV

So I have been migrating up the dial on my 600 channel TW cable box.

channel 419 is UHD

UHD is Universal H D channel.

here is their link - they have some great series .

I know Direct TV offers UHD my guess is Dish network does, too.

I think it would be worth the extra $10 bucks for an al la cart add if you do not have it, (I have channels - I don't ever watch or know about)

Also, they are starting the whole Battle Star Gallactica series, too!!

corianderstem said:
No idea about Smash's bipolar girlfriend. I'm a little peeved she just disappeared without even a mention. But like I said, we've had very little Smash this season so far.

I really liked last night's episode. The ending pissed me off, but only because I hate Julie so much. It's all her fault! :mad: And of course she won't remember what happened tomorrow to clear things up. Whatever, you whiny little brat!

I don't like the storyline with The Saracen and his mom's caretaker. That's just weird.

yeah, that Julie thing annoyed me. I hope Tim gets to sort it out. Caoch need to relax a tad, but then he wouldn't be him.

I missed the caretaker scene, what happened?

I can't remember if this happened last season or this season ...

Matt's dad came back from Iraq and things were kind of tense. Then his dad left again (back overseas, maybe?) and wanted to put his mom into a home. I don't remember the exact chain of events, but long story short, his dad is gone again and they have this home care worker taking care of Matt's grandma.

There was some sexual tension, and now they seem to be together, although I'm not sure how together they are, like if they're just kind of making out now and again, or if they're bumping uglies.

So far, her character is kind of nondescript, so I'm not sure where they're going with it. While I'm glad Matt's not moping over Julie, I don't like this option.

Oh, and Julie had dumped Matt at the beginning of the season. She tried to play it off as "I don't want to end up like my parents, marrying the football guy," but really she had a crush on a lifeguard she worked with, and of course he turned out to be a bonehead. When she tried to go crawling back to Matt, he basically called her on her shit and turned her down. It was glorious.

Oh, and Coach Taylor called Matt "The Saracen" at one point when talking to Julie, which I completely loved.

I also loved Landry using the term "asshat" in the cafeteria scene last night. NICE.

corianderstem said:
I can't remember if this happened last season or this season ...

Matt's dad came back from Iraq and things were kind of tense. Then his dad left again (back overseas, maybe?) and wanted to put his mom into a home. I don't remember the exact chain of events, but long story short, his dad is gone again and they have this home care worker taking care of Matt's grandma.

There was some sexual tension, and now they seem to be together, although I'm not sure how together they are, like if they're just kind of making out now and again, or if they're bumping uglies.

So far, her character is kind of nondescript, so I'm not sure where they're going with it. While I'm glad Matt's not moping over Julie, I don't like this option.

Oh, and Julie had dumped Matt at the beginning of the season. She tried to play it off as "I don't want to end up like my parents, marrying the football guy," but really she had a crush on a lifeguard she worked with, and of course he turned out to be a bonehead. When she tried to go crawling back to Matt, he basically called her on her shit and turned her down. It was glorious.

Oh, and Coach Taylor called Matt "The Saracen" at one point when talking to Julie, which I completely loved.

I also loved Landry using the term "asshat" in the cafeteria scene last night. NICE.

thank you!! I saw the dad coming back and then leaving again and the whole discussion of how things would go but didn't see anything after that.

I would have loved to see him telling Julie what for :drool:

The Saracen!!

yeah, that scene was good. what did you think of the dance part?

I was very glad Landry walked away from Tyra. But I don't think it's over - I think she respected him for doing that, based on the smile on her face after he walked away.

:hi5:

Man, I love this show. I'm so gonna miss it when the new episodes run out. :(

Tami and Eric are the best couple of TV.

Lila and Street have been absent from the plotlines lately. But it was nice to see a Smash-focused ep again.

I am so glad Smash did the right thing and respected his mama. I just love coach, he is so supportive of his players. And good for Julie coming clean about what REALLY happened that night she got drunk. I don't wanna think about this show going off season!

Does 'Friday Night Lights' have a future off NBC?

Feb 7, 2008, 06:33 PM | by Lynette Rice

NBC has yet to decide whether to order any more episodes of Friday Night Lights this season but that may not mean the end of the critically-adored drama. A source close to the series confirmed that Universal is considering whether to shop the Kyle Chandler starrer to another network rather than cancel it outright. The source cautioned, however, that NBC hasn't closed the door on the show just yet. In fact, one scenario making the rounds is a shared window for FNL with one of NBC's sister cable networks.

While struggling in the ratings (FNL has only attracted an average 6.1 million viewers this season and typically finishes third in its timeslot), the show is a huge favorite among TV critics and even beloved by many executives at competing networks because of its multi-generational themes. The drama has also netted an Emmy for casting and a Peabody Award.
FNL has already produced 15 episodes for this season, the last of which will air Feb. 8.

Should the writers' strike end by Feb. 15, the show's writers could complete the final arc of the season in five or six episodes if NBC gives it the greenlight, according to executive producer Jason Katims. As of right now, Katims has no plans to write the final episode as a series finale. "I would do it as a cliffhanger and leave things open-ended unless of course we were told that the show was ending," he says. "But I doubt that would be the case because if they bring the show back to do more episodes this season, they’re also going to be hoping that the show returns for a third season." (With reporting by Dan Snierson)

Here's hoping tonight's isn't the last episode ever.

It only makes sense to put it on USA, they did it for Law and Order: Criminal Intent and that has to be a lot more expensive, you retain a lot of those 6 million and its a huge hit for cable.

Back
Top Bottom