Favorite Horror Films

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a fan of the original SCREAM. It was cool and clever and fresh when it first came out. Unfortunately it ended up being parodied and rehashed to death, and the sequels ended up pretty much being parodies of the original. The Drew Barrymore opening sequence was awesome the first time you saw it, don't lie.

If you can call ALIEN a horror movie, then that is right up there. The o.g. Halloween is a classic as has been mentioned by a lot of you guys. Would The Sixth Sense be labeled a horror? I'm very fond of that movie. The American remake of The Ring put a bit of a scare into me when I saw it in the theaters. And then there are a shit ton of those generic "Hot girls being chased by knife wielding killer" slasher movies that I get a kick out of in spite of myself.

The first time I saw IT, I think I was a hefty 7 years old. I almost shit my pants AFTER I finished watching it.

Some on my horror list are:
IT
Candyman
Nightmare On Elm Street
The Shining
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Omen
The Ring

Probably a few more but I'd put them under the 'thriller' category.

Oh, and the Asian horror flicks are freaking insane. America has to stop stealing their/our thunder. Boooo. :|

The twin girls are way creepy.

Last weekend, my sister and I (we're twins) were in a hotel elevator, waiting to go up to our room. The elevator stops and this woman starts to get on, then stops and looks at my sister and I, standing at opposite sides of the elevator, and goes, "Whoa."

My sister said to me, "We totally should have said, 'Come and play with us, Danny.' to her."

As a quasi adult (maybe 16-17) and on (33), I haven't been scared by anything.

But I love great horror movies. not for the scares but the SUSPENSE

Very few would qualify.

Like the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
I must have smoked 3 or 10 bowls that night.
It was a winner.

I am nostalgic about the first few Friday the 13ths and Nightmare Elm Streets etc.
And many others.

Most recently 28 Days Later was a winner.
Perhaps a few others. I can't remember.

For all those mentioning IT do yourself a favor and read the book. I read that monster in one day, starter one afternoon and by 1AM or so I was halfway through and too scared to sleep (granted I was pretty young at the time). Finally finished, eyes bleeding, sometime the next day.

For all those mentioning IT do yourself a favor and read the book. I read that monster in one day, starter one afternoon and by 1AM or so I was halfway through and too scared to sleep (granted I was pretty young at the time). Finally finished, eyes bleeding, sometime the next day.

Im a huge fan of the book but not so much the movie

No way. Apart from that really creepy scene where the guy slits his wrist and you see "IT" written with his blood on the side of the bath, the film comes no way near. I think a lot of King's books don't seem to translate into film. Tim Curry was goo though. Call me stupid I find The Shining original very hard to follow.

Back
Top Bottom