Falling Skies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kramwest1

has a
I watched the first two episodes last night, and I am guardedly hooked.

This seems to be like the best elements of the series V (the original series anyway, I never watched the remake), a resistance group of survivors fighting the lizards. Yes, V was cheesy, but at the time it was awesome.

I like the post-whatever-apocalypse genre. Noah Wyle is quite good so far. Nice conflict already in the second episode.

:up:

Here's what I wrote in the TV thread: I didn't like it as much as I'd hoped, but I'll probably stick with it for a bit to see how it turns out.

Anyone else still watching? It's no masterwork still, but I think it has definitely gotten stronger since the first week.

Agreed, it has potential if they had stronger writing. But Wyle and Bloodgood anchor the show and it is getting more interesting as it's gone along. That said, I haven't seen tonight's yet.

I watched about the first 20 minutes of the pilot and decided I didn't want to watch it.

Ta-da.

I'm still watching. I keep going back and forth between the episodes thinking, "Ok, I like this", and "Ok, this is really boring". They just really haven't gone anywhere with the show yet. I understand they seem to want to portray that every little thing is uber-important at this point for the survivors, but what they're showing just isn't interesting. The action is almost non-existent, and typically sucks when it is present. Most of the conversations are rehash upon rehash. The foreshadowing typically says more than the audience even needs know, yet they they will have 25 minutes of discussion about the same subjects later. It's incredibly frustrating. The lack of a budget seems to really be showing, which is unfortunate.

The thing is with V [1980s] you got the angle from the 'Visitors' too... what we have here are a series of screechy BrundleFly, District 9, Space Jockey thingies and Robocop II droids... though the lack of a English speaking scheming aliens didn't wreck novels like War Of The Worlds or movies like ALIEN or Predator... and there is afterall... erm... Battlefield Earth..

I'll keep watching and I hope they crank up the dynamic a bit as just now it's guilty of slowing down any extended action with cliched "human drama" elements; obvious love triangles, the dad vs rebellious son, young kid genius, cocky "is he or isn't he" villain, most of which killed Jericho for me and The Walking Dead was guilty off it initially before it began to kick ass post zombie camp attack... same with [BBC] shows like Survivors... this series needs something similar...

so far, so just okay...

I usually would not go into a Coldplay thread just to say how much they sucky-suck. If people want to like them, why should I care.

This T V series, I really like Sci-Fi, I DVRed the pilot and episode 2. The pilot was so weak, I couldn't bring myself to even give the next episode any time.

I had just finished The Killing.

Survivors, Outcasts, and both Vs were / are watchable series. This is not.

Alphas on Sci-Fi channel tonight got a decent review in the paper. Said the series had good writing. The writing is the key.

I am bumping this to say that I am teetering on the edge. The writing is so uneven, and the characters are less interesting from week to week.

I'm sure I'll give it the rest of the season, but I'm not sure I'll care about season 2.

meh.

I'm sure I'll give it the rest of the season, but I'm not sure I'll care about season 2.

I second this. For a huge percentage of each episode, I just sit there and think, "Why and I watching this?", to myself. Show seems like each episode could be cut down to 30 minutes, and it would actually be more enjoyable.

I second this. For a huge percentage of each episode, I just sit there and think, "Why and I watching this?", to myself. Show seems like each episode could be cut down to 30 minutes, and it would actually be more enjoyable.

I'm not sure what big revelation or event I'm waiting for in the show.

Shooting aliens and assholes is fun, but I should probably catch up on my Netflix queue instead of watching this show.

Maybe I'm waiting for Michael Ironside and Marc Singer to really kick some ass.

Michael Ironside isn't in Falling Skies.

This last episode was probably best of the season in my opinion. Still not great, but it's nice to fee like they finally moved forward with the damn plot.

I'm not sure what big revelation or event I'm waiting for in the show.

Shooting aliens and assholes is fun, but I should probably catch up on my Netflix queue instead of watching this show.

Maybe I'm waiting for Michael Ironside and Marc Singer to really kick some ass.

woo hoo!

bring on
the red dust
baby! :D

i have no cable so when i'm house sitting (with cable)...
.... i grab anything SF that looks halfway decent :D

only saw the last 3 eps last weekend

I think I enjoyed both episodes last night more than anything from the last season. Looks like they finally got a big enough budget to actually have a bit of action in each episode.

Back
Top Bottom