ER - Final Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm watching right now. :sad: I won't spoil for anyone on the west coast

Awesome cake

TigerEdge, that is one kick ass cake!! :hi5:

Hard to believe ER is over forever. :sad: The old couple especially had me in tears, every scene they were in. I was expecting the last few minutes to be really tear-jerky, but I'm glad they didn't go that route.

I haven't been watching regularly in years, but in the last few episodes they didn't have opening credits. It was SO great to see the credits tonight, especially Benton's fist pump, which is one of my favourite moments.

:applaud: Awesome cake. what a cryfest tonite's shows were. I feel so empty and sad that it's over.Maybe, just maybe they might resurrect a spin off what with the joshua Carter Center and Rachel Greene now becoming 2nd generation intern.

Is anyone planning to watch the new series SouthLAnd?

:sad: :applaud: :sad:

Cried a bit in the first hour lead up to the finale. And I think I started crying again when Rachel Greene said who she was. Very nice touch there of her following in her dad's footsteps :up:

Liked seeing the Benton fist-pump too Thora. Memories!

I'm so tired of watching previews for Southland and Amy Poehler's new show. It was complete overkill tonight. 3 hours of ER, and a million commercials for both of those shows :crack:

Right before this season started, when I found it was going to be the last, I thought to myself that since the show started out being largely about Mark Greene, they should have it end with his daughter showing up at County as a medical student, since she would be the right age. I thought this to myself back in August or September. Honest. Not to pat myself on the back or anything :wink:

I always liked Hallee Hirsh as Rachel Greene.

Nice job on that cake Tiger...winner.

It's funny, I generally watch more CBS/Fox shows, but the shows I can recall watching series finales (as opposed to last eps of shows cancelled for ratings like Jericho and Shark) are NBC series Cheers, Friends, and now ER. I thought it was good, and I liked that we got one last bit of Gates being Gates with those "we want them drinking at home" parents. I was waiting for Corday and Benton to hook up & get freaky in that Hummer though :D

Walk on ER, gonna miss you.

This show started when I was finishing elementary school...8th grade. Wow. It's been around for more than half my life at this point.

Great seeing everybody and I loooooved little Reese, what memories. :heart:

Yeah, my jaw dropped when I saw Reese. The more I think about it, the more I liked what they did in the last episode. It had bits of a real episode put in, like the alcohol poisoning girl and the old couple, but at the same time there was a pattern growing as new doctors fell into old shoes. I'm glad they didn't show the wall of nameplates, aka the wall of cheese and have a big sobfest over it.
I too almost cried with Ernest Borginine's (sp?) character. And I love that they didn't tie up some loose ends. From its onset, ER had always been a place for "realness." Things progressively got ridiculous after a couple of seasons, but there were always where the drama was just everyday little things. Like not knowing whether or not the alcohol poisoning girl had permanent brain damage or not. :up:
The last couple of seconds made me feel like ER continues, but we're just not going to watch it anymore, like it was a documentary that ended.

And I loved LOVED that I finally got to see the whole hospital! I had never seen it from that far back before, with the el train right next to it. My furthest views were from Doc Magoo's. (I really dated myself with that reference :lol:)

^ Or whether or not Carter's marriage survives...and yes, I liked how they ended it.

How did Alexis do? (She played new doctor Julia Wise, I guess). Was she in a lot of the episode or was she just a small little side character? How did she wear her hair? Did she look cute?

I have it recorded and will watch it eventually but I was curious as to what you long time ER fans thought of her? In case you didn't know, she is my favorite actress and probably my favorite person in the whole world.

She was great. I thought it was odd that there seemed to be a new doctor/intern (whatever) in the last episode. I kept wondering if she had been on before, and I had heard something about this actress being in the last episode. What happened to the one brunette doctor that had the hots for Stamos' character :shrug: Didn't see her at all last night.

And yeah, you didn't want loose ends tied up, like the arc of the Mom who needed a heart, the one with the little girl that the Aussie doctor kept an eye out for.

I don't remember seeing the hospital as a whole building :hmm: I did tape the show, so I may have to go back and revisit :shifty: I never thought Benton would hook up with Alex, but did like that Reese was included. Why couldn't they include Clio? They kept mentioning that he was still with her :shrug: And Alex said Emma was 9 now. Wow how time flies!

The only thing I would have liked to have seen in the hour leading up to the finale was maybe a comment or two by the supporting cast - since some of them have been there from the start as well...

I haven't watched the show since Romano had his Death By Helicopter, but felt the urge to tune in to both the retrospective and the finale. I enjoyed it (save for the uber-gory pregancy plot), and I thought Rachel Greene showing up was the most touching moment for me - it was Frank's reaction that got me the most, I think.

In the retrospect, they showed Pratt (is that his name) dying - what the heck happened to him? How did they kill him off?

I haven't watched the show since Romano had his Death By Helicopter, but felt the urge to tune in to both the retrospective and the finale. I enjoyed it (save for the uber-gory pregancy plot), and I thought Rachel Greene showing up was the most touching moment for me - it was Frank's reaction that got me the most, I think.

In the retrospect, they showed Pratt (is that his name) dying - what the heck happened to him? How did they kill him off?

I stopped watching around then too. That plus the dumbass Africa episodes turned me off for years. I just watched this season so I wouldn't be totally lost in the finale.

Pratt died during this year's season premiere after he the ambulance he was doing a ride along in blew up (I don't know why, that was never explained). I believe he had lung issues and a clot was stuck in jugular? There was a much more technical name for it, obviously. :wink:
There was some sort of choice involved and Pratt gave the okay for Morris to open it up and relieve the pressure, but his brain was deprived of oxygen for too long and it resulted in brain death. I'm pretty sure he went up to the OR as an organ donor. Most of the doctors walked the gurney to the elevator and into the OR, almost like pallbearers.

Pratt died during this year's season premiere after he the ambulance he was doing a ride along in blew up (I don't know why, that was never explained).

I imagine writers were sitting around trying to figure out how to give Pratt a big, giant death and figured "Shit blows up?" "Yeah, that works."

Thanks for the explanation.

Oh, and GAF? I thought your special girlfriend Alexis was just okay. She was pretty bland and that role could have been played by anyone. Sorry, hon.

I thought the episode was sad. :sad: I really like how the made Rachel a medical student. She was fixed. Reese was cute too. It looks like the same actor that played him as a child.

I imagine writers were sitting around trying to figure out how to give Pratt a big, giant death and figured "Shit blows up?" "Yeah, that works."

Thanks for the explanation.

Well, there might have been a reason for it at the season 14 finale, but I didn't watch it back then.

Edit: wikipedia says that the Turkish mob blew it up because they were transferring a patient in witness protection.

Turkish mob? Really? Really?

As for Pratt, at the end of last season, Pratt had just gotten a ring to propose to his girlfriend. At the end of the episode, Pratt and Sam were arguing about who was going to accompany a patient (played by Steve Buscemi) in the witness protection program in an ambulance...they didn't reveal who actually got into the ambulance, but it blew up! And that's where the first episode of season 15 picked up. Pratt was in the ER, they were treating him, then noticed this big bulge(?) in his neck, and he knew he might die. Told Morris to do what he had to do basically. It was all very sad. I believe the girlfriend got Pratt's possessions, which included the engagement ring he had on him. :sad: :scream:

img3073hhp.jpg

On the OR table!

I'm wearing my scrubs in honor of tonight. Okay, back to the retrospective episode!
this is AMAAAAZING

I couldn't download the retrospective. But I just watched the finale. I have now seen every single episode in all 15 seasons. After Pratt's death this season got a lot less ridiculous than the last few have been (starting with helicopter crash #2 I'd say). I cried, I actually think it was Rachel Greene's presence as a college senior that was the most touching, and also I loved that they hinted Carter was maybe staying. Poor Carter, what a life. I do think this episode and the last weren't as touching as some of the other ones leading up to it, particularly the clooney/margolis/transplant episode. I think they overall did a great job honoring the series and the old strong characters, wrapping up lots of loose ends and implying how things would go while still showing the continuity of the place.

And on another note, Alexis Bledel wtf? I like her, but weird to pick such a high profile tv actress to make a debut appearance on the last show

Still sad that ER is really over, but I think the last show was very well done. I enjoyed the retrospective show - wonder why George Clooney wasn't involved other than his appearance with Julianna Margulies in the show a couple of weeks ago? Very cool that they had Rachel Green back on the show to continue her dad's legacy. I loved the center Dr. Carter built. It was especially cool that they had the original introductory theme at the beginning and showed the same nurse waking up Dr. Morris just like she woke up Dr. Green in the pilot episode. :up::up::up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom