Downton Abbey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read that British TV actors only sign up for three years at a time and don't get paid as much as in the US, so there's no incentive to commit to a TV series for a long period of time. If that's all true, then I'm glad Lost was made in the USA. Those characters only died off when the actors got too many DUIs. :wink:

:bump:

So... Is anyone going to talk about Downton Abbey? It was on in Britain a long time ago and no one said anything in this thread. Was it that boring? :wink: It started here last night and was on for two hours. Not much really happened in those two hours, but it was still entertaining somehow.

My local PBS station has been promoting it like crazy for over a month and has been re-showing the last two seasons. I was actually getting tired of hearing about the new season of Downton Abbey before it was even on! :crazy:

I watched it last night! I felt there there were too many story lines going on so I kind of dozed off for a moment. I'm a little confused over what the deal was with Mary and Lord Grantham, and even why Tom was involved and the letter from Matthew. PBS2 airs it on Weds night so I'm going to have to watch it again. I'm happy it's back on so I'd watch in Weds night even if I didn't need a refresher.

Matthew didn't have a will, but he had left that letter stating that he wanted Mary to inherit his part of the estate, giving Mary half. Lard Grantham has the other half. They needed to see if the letter would stand in place of a will. Otherwise Mary gets nothing, instead it would go to her son.

Tom had been helping Matthew run the estate. He has no legal claim, but they look to him for advice.

I watched it last night! I felt there there were too many story lines going on so I kind of dozed off for a moment.

I almost fell asleep, too. :reject: But I was drinking a warm cup of tea, sitting in a comfortable chair, and watching a (mostly) low-key show without screaming and explosions (most of the time), so it was inevitable.

I wondered why there was a mature content warning before this episode. :( Poor Anna. And now Bates might actually kill someone for real this time.

I finally watched the opening episode, it was better than I was expecting,
because of all the poor reviews.

I'll try and catch episode 2 soon.

I wondered why there was a mature content warning before this episode. :( Poor Anna. And now Bates might actually kill someone for real this time.

I'm sure she'll end up pregnant with the rapist's baby. I was so upset when that happened. Not Anna! I thought maybe she was going to pass out when they showed her at the sink drinking. I never thought it was going to turn into what it did. :sad:

I'm glad Edith didn't get an abortion, especially after seeing someone do that on Call the Midwife a while back. That was awful.

I'm kind of hoping Bates kills that guy that raped Anna, or at least beats the crap out of him. Bates seems to have figured out that he did it.

Back
Top Bottom