Dexter...The New Season..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
astor is turning into a little rita

and we know how THAT turned out

:lol:

btw: the actress who played Rita is now on a new show on ABC called No Ordinary Family, playing the main character/wife.

I've been watching it. She's not as annoying in that show.

btw wtf happened to Quinn? He looks different this season. Like skinnier, tanner, hair is different or like he had some work done or something.

:hmm: I can't think of anything, except his hair was much shorter when he was introduced.

Julie Benz was great on Angel. I don't follow her on Twitter but my daughter does and she says she's awesome. She used to Tweet pics from the Dexter set. She posted this today. :lol:

Juliebenzsnuggie.jpg

"I found my doppelganger"

:lol:

I've been watching it. She's not as annoying in that show.

btw wtf happened to Quinn? He looks different this season. Like skinnier, tanner, hair is different or like he had some work done or something.

No shit he is super skinny this season and way too much tan!

Always a slow start to a new series. Quite liked the barrels in the lake thing. Great image.

has anyone read the books?

is there any significance to the lady who catches dexter in the act of disposing the "bodys in barrels" guy?
1: I really enjoyed the first 2 books, but Jeff Lindsay kinda got carried away with the 3rd... haven't bothered to read any since :shrug: For the most part, the first book and season don't differ too much (with 2 exceptions occurring in the novel's final act, 1 incident I'm glad the series changed and another I wish they left as it was). The 2nd novel/ season are a bit different, with the novel mixing elements of seasons 2 & 3. Also, concerning a huge season 2/ book 2 ending spoiler,
Doakes does not die, but is horribly mangled
The 3rd novel was just too much, with the author introducing supernatural elements like mythological demons and shit. I finished it simply because I started it and haven't been back to the books since. One element in regards to this season, though, is that it seems to be taking the 3rd novel's use of gang/ cult-related sacrifices. Let's just hope that's all the two have in common :wink:

2: Any significance? If you mean does it draw from the literature, well, certainly not the first 3 novels. But if you're just asking in general, it's significant because this is the first time someone undeserving of Dexter's knife & plastic bags has caught him in the act, so he'll have to work around his usual means of "disposal." Really curious as to how their relationship will develop... :hmm:

:yes: Dexter is actually based on a novel, and like mentioned already, sort of loosely, and the following books even less so. I haven't read any though. I got hooked on the TV series and have heard that the book Dexter is not really as likable a character. And I really like liking Dexter. :reject:

it says it's based on a book in the opening credits

my co-workers read them. they bought them for me a couple of christmases ago.

haven't even opened them up.

why read all of those words when i can watch it on tv :D

"getting down and dirty with the hottest potty mouth in the south"

:hi5: masuka

if he would have just killed her, chopped her up and dumped her in the river, he wouldn't have to go through all this mess with her

but i guess they need something to fill episodes 5-12.

and deb, you're supposed to shoot the hostage

/speed'd

well. she did look like a chilean miner for a while there.

i'm not too happy that she's all prettied up and chit-chatting with dexter while drinking coffee, saw that in the previews.

i could have swore i read somewhere earlier this year that she was going to play an fbi agent. :shrug:

The show has always been great, but this episode's reveal at the end is the best so far this season imo. The implications here are huuuge..so many ways this can go now! I'm so hooked!

ALSO..with regards to spoilers..it's fair game to put info that is revealed in shows that people might not have seen yet in these threads and wrap them in spoiler tags, yes. But at the risk of sounding whiny I'm going to suggest that anyone who has read the books PLEASE don't tell what happens based on the books, especially if it hasn't been revealed in any episode. Even with spoiler tags - you know noone can resist those!!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom