CW Plans 90210 Spinoff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched the show last night because the CW thoughtfully replayed it. It wasn't that bad. Andrea Zuckerman's daughter Hannah Zuckerman-Vasquez had a very small part as the TV station's reporter. I wonder if she'll be back.

It was lighter than I thought, a little goofier and more innocent than I expected. I thought they were going to make the show more like "Gossip Girl," all intrigue and scandal, but this felt like the old 90210 and "Degrassi." I doubt I'll get as hooked on this as I did the original, but I'll probably tune in again.

I didn't realize Andrea Zuckerman's daughter was cast in the show. That does make me wonder if :hmm: Andrea will be back? I really think the Producers would be smart to bring back old cast members as the show progresses and have more of the characters and storylines cross over so that things can get real juicy and keep viewers like me watching. I hope they're just starting out on the conservative side to feel out their audience and then change things up after the first show.

And the cute little gap she used to have in the side of her teeth has somehow moved to the front.

That really freaked me out.

I think its gotten wider over the years. If you see her when she was on Little House, she had a little bit of a gap back then.

Shannon looked almost as bad as the drunk Grandma.

I noticed the reruns too. I've grown bored with the show anyway. I don't think I am going to watch if they continue with new episodes. Too many other good shows are on.

It's not like the original 90210 when I couldn't wait to see what happened the next week. This series doesn't make me have that feeling.

I hope it's not as bad as the 90210 remake, I tried to stick with that for a few weeks but I thought it was very bad. You can't go home again :wink:

NEW YORK – Having done well with a remake of "Beverly Hills 90210" this season, the CW network is considering a remake of that show's spinoff, "Melrose Place."

The CW and the studio CBS Paramount Network Television are exploring whether to put the remake in development for the 2009-10 TV season, network spokesman Paul Hewitt said Tuesday.

The new "Beverly Hills 90210" isn't the cultural phenomenon of the original, but it has improved the CW's performance among women aged 18-to-34 by 46 percent over its Tuesday time slot a year ago. That's the youthful audience that the CW is trying to attract to establish itself.

"Melrose Place" aired on Fox from 1992 to 1999, a prime-time soap about a mythical Los Angeles locale. Heather Locklear, Andrew Shue, Courtney Thorne-Smith and Marcia Cross were among its stars. It was created by Darren Star.

The relative success of "90210" and "One Tree Hill" this fall have helped the CW stave off rumors that it might fold.

I decided I wasn't going to watch the new 90210 anymore. I have grown so much with that decision.

Ah yea, so like, so much unrealistic stuff (of course, of course!) has happened in part one, Im gonna give part two a chance, but still. I love how dopey the lead character is (female). Jaysus Crust all this ‘like, really?’ sh*t she comes out with, please, just put her in The Hills as the eejit sister of Heidi! (fuk! :rolleyes:)
She also reminds me of Britney Spears in looks. But Im liking the two dark brunettes, (the druggie and the blogger). Girl who plays Naomi reminds me of Elizabeth Berkley. More pain should have happened to dude tryin to get into Ball. Right now, as you see I don’t have all their names, nor do I care. This is a wee bit like Gossip Girl, etc. Nice and yet strange to see two originals from BH 90210 in there, I keep trying to see them as they were back then. Hello, can I say that Michael Steger is HOT! Teacher Ryan Matthews is also HOT!
So already you can see some lines of similarity, but they did NOT have to cram so much into the first.

Back
Top Bottom