Community: This Is The Darkest Timeline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We've had three paintball episodes, and they've probably been the best three episodes of the show, in my book. Why would a fourth one be totally awful?

Well, there's a dominant trend in the "more paintball 4ever" direction in the fandom, and the lack thereof in the 3rd season would support what I said, they couldn't think of another hook to hang paintball on. Exactly what Khanada said-genrewise, I'm not sure what else they could do, and evidently neither could the Community braintrust. If they come up with a great hook, great, I'd be the first to praise the ep, but I'm really uncertain what else they could plumb out of it.

yeah, i pretty much agree with what mobvok said. i've enjoyed all the paintball episodes and i don't doubt that they could continue to put out funny ones. plus i would see nothing wrong with it becoming a tradition where the finale of each season was a paintball episode. but it could turn off casual viewers ("ugh, didn't they do this last year?") without giving it a chance, and it could also have the potential to be stale. what i've always liked about the show is that they don't keep going to the same well for ideas like some shows do, which is also why i know even if it became some huge success, it wouldn't be able to last for eight seasons.

but this isn't to say if they had decided to do another paintball episode, i'd be sitting here whining that they're doing another one. had they done one i'm sure they would've found a fresh take on it; but on the other hand it's not like i was hoping they would do one.

I think TV critics get waaaay too up-their-own-asses, at times.

Lord, yes. I fully understand and welcome criticism, but people, on the internet, off the internet, critic or viewer, ARE aware at the end of the day that it is just a TV show, right (and I'm speaking in a general television sense here)? It may be a fantastic show, sure, and you may love and identify with it, and that's great. But it's not reality. It's entertainment.

It's like when I go online sometimes and see some shipper wars. Now, I've been known to root for couples I like and everything on TV shows and such, but my good god, some of the fighting that goes on amongst those fans...:crack:. It's frightening and hilariously entertaining all at the same time.

But I digress. Anywho, I agree with the general consensus-love the paintball episodes, definitely think it could be a neat "tradition" of sorts, but I fully understand wanting to try something new and different as well. This show can do whatever the hell it wants, I'll be more than happy to see what crazy ideas they come up with. And even if something in an episode doesn't appeal to me, I applaud their willing to try something anyway.

I just re-watched the Christmas Glee episode as we gear up for next week.

The fact that I actually enjoyed a musical episode of a TV show is the greatest credit I can bestow upon it.

Plus, Britta in a unitard is the hottest thing I've ever seen on television.

"What the hell are regionals?!"

Also, disagree, Annie's entrance in the Western paintball episode = hottest Community moment.

I'm not saying they need a paintball episode, but I'm not entirely convinced we're not getting one because the creators couldn't make another work. (If someone has quotes to change my mind, so be it). Note that this season is significantly lower budget than last season.

Is it Thursday yet?

A week late, but here are some pictures!

420592_10150714190567152_590477151_11320907_764491174_n.jpg

426931_10150714191927152_590477151_11320927_137605237_n.jpg

419636_10150714192152152_590477151_11320929_1682235910_n.jpg

430225_10150714192397152_590477151_11320931_1141620698_n.jpg

425245_10150714191447152_590477151_11320918_1770978445_n.jpg

419445_10150712230557152_590477151_11311770_1679440924_n.jpg

The last five don't show up Maddy :(

And fair enough to mobvok and khan. It is a very creative show. I didn't really like the clip episode at first (mostly because they all seemed like awesome ideas and I wanted to see full episodes, and because the overreaching meta-ness annoyed me) but I've come to love it. Let's not argue guys :hug:

Glee is shit.

Truth fact.

Cool pictures, Maddy! Danny looks like he was enjoying himself quite a bit at the panel event :).

I didn't really like the clip episode at first (mostly because they all seemed like awesome ideas and I wanted to see full episodes

I liked the clip episode, but yeah, I have to agree with that highlighted part.

I also like "Glee".

Also, disagree, Annie's entrance in the Western paintball episode = hottest Community moment.

You know, I gotta agree, she looked incredible in that episode.

I don't think I even need to tell you guys my personal pick for hottest "Community" moment on the male end of things, do I :wink:?

Though I'll say this: Jeff in a cowboy getup=:drool: :combust:.

What did people think of the online animated series last week? It was nice they made the effort but I've had a better time with the season 2 DVD.

Dean Pelton's Jolie joke was a great touch.

I thought the animated series was cute. A nice little tide-me-over to Thursday.

No. Annie's reaction to that moment is priceless.

It's up there for me too :shifty:

I like you :).

Yeah, her reaction was gold. I remember listening to the commentary for that episode-everyone was laughing at the reactions during that whole part of the show, particularly Britta's when everyone went to congratulate Jeff afterward.

Heh, yeah, Joel commented on that when he was on Craig Ferguson's show recently-they're up against March Madness, "American Idol", and "Big Bang Theory".

I don't watch March Madness, so that's not an issue. "American Idol"-eh, it's the results show, so I can miss the first half. And I've only seen a few episodes of "Big Bang Theory" on DVD when I was at a friend's house.

So there's no big conflict on my end TV-wise. The only problem for me is that sometimes I'm scheduled to work Thursday nights (not this upcoming one, though, so woo!). So I'd have to tape the show and watch it later.

Wait, are they coming back this week? Do they realize no one is going to watch because the NCAA Tournament is on?

It's a cult show, the cult will follow it anywhere, & besides most of its audience is in the time-shifting generation. Hence why it does far better on Hulu than on NBC.

There is a zero percent chance I will watch Community over the tournament. I will watch it during the small break on Friday afternoon.

A bit of me will be glad that Community will be coming back because the broader internet hype machine is getting exhausting. There needs to be actual episodes to ground people a bit.

To be fair, I'm almost grateful for the hiatus. I really didn't know such a cult following existed outside of this thread and the two (out of 130 or so) coworkers who complimented my Troy & Abed in the Morning coffee mug.

There is a zero percent chance I will watch Community over the tournament. I will watch it during the small break on Friday afternoon.

Given the geeky nature of the show, I'm gonna go out on a limb & say most Community fans aren't diehard sports fans. I've been so out of it this year, I'm only paying attention because my team (MSU!) is a #1 seed for the 1st time since they won the tournament in 2000.

Back
Top Bottom