Californication

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't seen this yet, but I'm a big X-Files fan. I think I'd probably get jealous of him sleeping with anyone but Scully, though.

I've kind of gotten into it, I'm watching a bunch on Demand this weekend since Showtime is free (but starting this week I'll subscribe since it's $7 a month for 3 months and that way I can watch Brotherhood, and then cancel the subscription.) A lot of the times it doesn't seem to know what it wants to do, and no offense to Duchovny, but there isn't a huge range, he's done well but the part is thin sometimes, but quite funny.

Favorite moment has to be from the pilot, the cell phone in the movie theater confrontation.

I'm not sure when they actually first air, but they're showing some episodes tonight post-Brotherhood.

spoiler alert for danny !

nipplegate and its consequences was hillarious!!!!!!!!!

loved the desperation of karen not reading his writing and the car jacking :heart: and I like where this is going , how may eps to the season ?

Good night's TV - Mythbusters/South Park/Bro Town/Californication/The Office/Girls of the Playboy Mansion

rivalled only by Wednesday

Thank God You're Here/House/Spicks 'n' Specks/Chaser/Summer Heights High

man i cant believe how this show is turning out , danny you will flip when you see tonites episode ! :lmao:

im a bit sad that the finale is next week (Aus 2 weeks away) there is nothing that compares to it on aussie tv . :sad:

:madwife: Mia ......

mysterious_jen said:
man i cant believe how this show is turning out , danny you will flip when you see tonites episode ! :lmao:

im a bit sad that the finale is next week (Aus 2 weeks away) there is nothing that compares to it on aussie tv . :sad:

:madwife: Mia ......

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

probably the best thing i have ever seen.

and i officialy hate mia with everyhting.

**spoiler for those who are a couple of weeks behind**

I didn't exactly like the ending last night, it was too easy. If she stays with him then where will all the tension go? How will next season work without it?

mysterious_jen said:
:huh: oh no not you unico :heart: ( didnt know your name was mia) i meant mia from the show.

and no more spoilers pleeease i will see it soon ..

hahaha oh i know, i was only kidding. yeah i'm mia. :D imagine my delight when i saw the first episode and saw a character sharing my same name.

unfortunately i don't have showtime, so i've not seen any more of it. as soon as it is out on dvd i'm netflixing that sucka.

I honestly don't really get the appeal. My housemates love it - but I can't see it as anything more than a couple of old guys continually fucking young girls, or talking about fucking young girls. That's all well and good, but it gets boring pretty quickly when there's no substance behind it. Is the appeal just that every episode has guaranteed boobies and non stop controversial-for-network-tv risqué talk? I'm all for boobs and dirty jokes, but after about 5 minutes of each episode I'd love some sort of story line that runs a little deeper than razor thin. Am I completely missing something here?

Really? I can only think of one episode where "couple of old guys continually fucking young girls, or talking about fucking young girls", the rest of the episodes is just Hank...

You haven't noticed the great dichotomy of this man who's completely self destructive doesn't give a shit yet two women can automatically turn him into a caring passionate man, his ex and his daughter. Without that yeah it would just be some great one-liners and someone spiraling down.

Obviously I've noticed it, I just don't think it's that great/well written. Strip away all the attention getting stuff about the show - do you think it's that good?

Earnie Shavers said:
Obviously I've noticed it, I just don't think it's that great/well written.
I guess just from reading your description I figured that you didn't notice that... To me, that is substance.

Earnie Shavers said:

Strip away all the attention getting stuff about the show - do you think it's that good?

Isn't that true of any show? I do agree that some of the episodes didn't really move anywhere, but they still had great lines and amuzing characters... This isn't anything new, some of the best sitcoms are setup this way.

unico said:

hahaha oh i know, i was only kidding. yeah i'm mia. :D imagine my delight when i saw the first episode and saw a character sharing my same name.

unfortunately i don't have showtime, so i've not seen any more of it. as soon as it is out on dvd i'm netflixing that sucka.

We can watch it together and get in our sleeping bags and in our PJs and have an "I :heart: David Duchovny" sleepover! :hyper::happy:

:shifty:

:wink:

Seriously. If you Netflix it we're watching together...and if you want we can be in sleeping bags and PJs :wink:

Back
Top Bottom