Better Call Saul - hell yeah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This series shows a lump of excrement like The Walking Dead up for the dogs' homework that it is. I simultaneously can't believe there isn't more discussion of it and plead guilty to not sticking my neck out.

Its choice of soundtrack music alone is some kind of genius.

so I have to admit....I am not sure what was going on in the garage while Mike was spying...Hector stands outside and smokes...and then..were those human screams I heard? :reject: not sure what that was? :reject:

I don't think those were human screams you heard, I believe that was machinery. My understanding is that they are smuggling drugs into the country in the tyres of the popsicle-company's trucks. So presumably they got the truck up on one of those mechanic garage things, and are taking the tyres off.

ahhhh, that makes sense... It didn't really sound human, but I could not place what the sound was! thanks!:up:

Jimmys conscience will kick in and he'll go back and correct it. They hinted at that in next weeks episode preview

Yeah, I saw that, but Jimmy shouldn't do it. Kim was the one who got that client and Chuck should pay for what he did. I hope Chuck does have a complete breakdown. Michael McKean is awesome as Chuck, though. :wink:

Next week on Better Call Saul: Jimmy figures out a real neat bit of software that skims a percentage off all payroll transactions at HH&M, but it turns out it works too well! They enlist the help of their friend Ernesto to shut the fuck up about it, who may or may not have a problem with that.

Next week on Better Call Saul: Jimmy figures out a real neat bit of software that skims a percentage off all payroll transactions at HH&M, but it turns out it works too well! They enlist the help of their friend Ernesto to shut the fuck up about it, who may or may not have a problem with that.

It's like the tray

You mean the jar

No the penny tray

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They have been doing a solid job of building the ground work for why the competent attorney Jimmy can end up being Saul Goodman. What would drive him to that extreme, to just say 'fuck everything' I will only work with sleaze, outside of the respectable bounds of the legal establishment. Saul always had great skills and instincts, I wondered why he did not have a more legitimate practice. Well, this whole series has been about how that came into being. The writing is really good. I imagine all this Jimmy back story was not in the picture when that thought up Saul Goodman for Breaking Bad. I have to say if someone has not seen any of these two series and watched Better Call Saul first, they could not tell it was the after thought. Great writing and execution.

Either way it's not good
I think Hamlin may take him out of the partnership, may have a clause in the contract where he can do it.

What do you think happens to Chuck?

Death or put out to pasture by HHM ?

Not sure. I wouldn't want him to die because Michael McKean is awesome, but like KM said earlier, he could be institutionalized. Either way, we'll have to wait another season until we see Saul Goodman emerge.

Chuck is such a dick

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Indeed!

The writers have given us a mixed bag of emotions about Chuck from the beginning. It has been a fun ride to realize how jealous Chuck is of Jimmy. but the truth of the matter is he is just a Dick!

(I predict he is dead from the head injury...but who knows? maybe the head bump causes him to be cured from his electro-magnectic problem or whatever that phobia is called.:huh:)

What a great show. I hope AMC lets the writers amble along like this for as long as they want to, totally trust them to not be self indulgent in dragging it out.

Can't say I'm on board with all the Chuck hate around here. Chuck and Jimmy are two very different people who nonetheless have made each other the way they are. Given all of the flashback scenes can we really blame Chuck for having the opinion of Jimmy that he does? For someone so evangelical about The Law, it's easy to see both from the past and Jimmy's current behaviour why Chuck would do everything in his power to keep Jimmy away from it.

The problem is Chuck is not very likeable or personable, whereas Jimmy is charming AF. There's definite jealousy there, probably throughout his entire life and I love the nuance that the show adds to the characters and situations.

As for Mesa Verde, Chuck didn't steal it at all. It was his duty as a senior partner to not lose such a lucrative client. Yes, Kim brought them in, but she brought them in to Howard and Chuck. They both fought fairly for the client and within their professional rights, and Mesa Verde chose HHM. It's just we like Kim and Jimmy, so we want them to have it.

Excellent work from the cast and crew to make a show with so many moral, ethical ambiguities. My view is that Jimmy is an ends justify the means kind of guy, and he gets to choose what the 'right' end is.

EDIT - ends justifying the means applies to Chuck too. Both brothers believe in the greater good and doing what they can to achieve it. With Chuck, it is preserving the sanctity of The Law. If he needs to be a deceiving, manipulative prick to those around him, he will, but all within legal parameters. For Jimmy, it is claiming justice for those he views as being wronged, and has no qualms of bending or breaking the law to achieve that justice.

Last edited:
What a great show. I hope AMC lets the writers amble along like this for as long as they want to, totally trust them to not be self indulgent in dragging it out.

Can't say I'm on board with all the Chuck hate around here. Chuck and Jimmy are two very different people who nonetheless have made each other the way they are. Given all of the flashback scenes can we really blame Chuck for having the opinion of Jimmy that he does? For someone so evangelical about The Law, it's easy to see both from the past and Jimmy's current behaviour why Chuck would do everything in his power to keep Jimmy away from it.

The problem is Chuck is not very likeable or personable, whereas Jimmy is charming AF. There's definite jealousy there, probably throughout his entire life and I love the nuance that the show adds to the characters and situations.

As for Mesa Verde, Chuck didn't steal it at all. It was his duty as a senior partner to not lose such a lucrative client. Yes, Kim brought them in, but she brought them in to Howard and Chuck. They both fought fairly for the client and within their professional rights, and Mesa Verde chose HHM. It's just we like Kim and Jimmy, so we want them to have it.

Excellent work from the cast and crew to make a show with so many moral, ethical ambiguities. My view is that Jimmy is an ends justify the means kind of guy, and he gets to choose what the 'right' end is.

EDIT - ends justifying the means applies to Chuck too. Both brothers believe in the greater good and doing what they can to achieve it. With Chuck, it is preserving the sanctity of The Law. If he needs to be a deceiving, manipulative prick to those around him, he will, but all within legal parameters. For Jimmy, it is claiming justice for those he views as being wronged, and has no qualms of bending or breaking the law to achieve that justice.

To be honest, I can't really get 'hating' characters in fictional shows; or let me rephrase that, hating characters that are clearly shown in three dimensions, as on a show like this one. Chuck and Jimmy are mirror images of each other in some ways, or photographic negatives of each other. Chuck ostensibly by the letter and upstanding, but twisted by jealousy and resentment; Jimmy ethically as dodgy as fuck, but also in some ways a decent kind of guy who wants his brother's approval. They've both done some pretty unconscionable things, but Chuck has the Midas-in-reverse ability to play by the official rules but end up broadly disliked.

I mean, I don't even hate Tuco, and I probably should. I'm scared of him, I guess more to the point. He's got the kind of face that kids find hilarious but terrifies adults.

Back
Top Bottom