Battlestar Galactica Seasons 4 & 4.5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O hai guys. So I never gave this series a look, and now I''ve got s01-00, 01, and 02 under my belt.

Great stuff. Kinda annoying how the series kinda loses the grubby high-budget look of the backdoor pilot movie, but it's still compelling television. Great combat scenes.

One thing, though. The shakey camera zoom-in. Jesus christ, guys. Stop it. Please stop it. Nothing says "I just downloaded Final Cut Pro on my parents' desktop PC" than the mid-VFX sequence shakey camera zoom-in. Otherwise, very nice space combat scenes.

Also, if Dr. Bashir had just fucked her from behind even once, humanity would have been saved.

Doggy-style....for humanity!

Canadiens1160 said:
Also, if Dr. Bashir had just fucked her from behind even once, humanity would have been saved.

Not like a dog, doggie-style.

Battlestar Galactica - The Final Season

Let's give this show's final season a proper thread for a change...

We're only a month away now.

footer.jpg

Re: Battlestar Galactica - The Final Season

phanan said:
Let's give this show's final season a proper thread for a change...

We're only a month away now.

footer.jpg

Very cool picture--I'll have to send this one to MrPurr; he's in love with Starbuck. :wink:

Mmmm, I almost have Season 3 finished downloading. Going to catch up while Season 4 gets going.

I bought Season 3 and it arrives in 2 weeks. Will plow through that shit, watch Razor then be ready for Season 4.

With the Wire ending, I need this shit. :)

Canadiens1160 said:
O hai guys. So I never gave this series a look, and now I''ve got s01-00, 01, and 02 under my belt.

Great stuff. Kinda annoying how the series kinda loses the grubby high-budget look of the backdoor pilot movie, but it's still compelling television. Great combat scenes.

One thing, though. The shakey camera zoom-in. Jesus christ, guys. Stop it. Please stop it. Nothing says "I just downloaded Final Cut Pro on my parents' desktop PC" than the mid-VFX sequence shakey camera zoom-in. Otherwise, very nice space combat scenes.
I'm so glad you're enjoying it. I've heard a lot of fans had trouble with the shakey camera. I've never had a problem with it, but I do get annoyed at the technique on "NYPD Blue" and "The Shield". I think it's handled much less distractingly on this show. Apparently, they wanted an atmosphere of documentary style film-making -- like someone was there filming things.

Also, if you live in Montreal, Space airs 2 episodes every Sunday night, but they're half-way through Season 3, so it might be just better to buy the Season 3 set when it comes out in the middle of this month.
Canadiens1160 said:

She IS beautiful isn't she? She's the woman of my dreams and the most sensual woman I've ever seen. She's also a wonderful actress with great acting input with the writers, which is a real tribute to her and the casting department; they could have cast someone like that blonde woman on CSI: Miami, who exudes no emotion.

That's not Bashir, though a lot of people think it is on first glance. That's James Callis, a wonderful actor! As a DS9 fan, I love Siddig El Fadil, too. I just think James Callis is the best actor on television and that he's not received at least an Emmy nomination (and 2 of the worst actors on "Heroes" have) proves how idiotic they are.
Canadiens1160 said:
Season 2 is really dragging for me (episode 7 currently playing).
I know exactly how you feel. I was very let down by the first half of Season 2 (way too much action and running around; not as much political insight and drama), but things pick up with "Pegasus" which is probably the best episode up to that point. I would watch the extended version of "Pegasus" on the Season 2.5 set; it's much better and better paced.

Don't lose hope!

Last edited:
Muldfeld said:

That's not Bashir, though a lot of people think it is on first glance. That's James Callis, a wonderful actor! As a DS9 fan, I love Siddig El Fadil, too. I just think James Callis is the best actor on television and that he's not received at least an Emmy nomination (and 2 of the worst actors on "Heroes" have) proves how idiotic they are.

I think he was kidding.

Or maybe, since it's about Season 4, it's unfair for me to expect nobody to talk about Season 3, and I should just avoid. That actually makes sense.

Re: An ego to go with his uberfandom

Diemen said:

The only reason Muldfeld responded was to bump his politically insightful thread ahead of the other BSG thread.

This is insightful.

Canadiens1160 said:
Season 2 is really dragging for me (episode 7 currently playing).

I don't know what episode it was

but the one with starbuck boxing (the whole episode) that short, fem looking pilot guy was dreadful

No spoken words said:

Fair guess.

Please keep in mind that I've yet to see Season 3, so, people, please no spoilers from Season 4. Please??? :)

NSW, do you get the Universal HD channel? BSG is on every Saturday night at 9, and they are doing Season 3.

And it's in HD, which is awesome, since Sci-Fi sucks at that.

phanan said:

NSW, do you get the Universal HD channel? BSG is on every Saturday night at 9, and they are doing Season 3.

And it's in HD, which is awesome, since Sci-Fi sucks at that.

I have DirecTV, Standard Def. I have the DVD of Season bought already, arrives 3/16 or something....

Thanks for the heads up, though.

I will soon have a HD TV, though. Need it.

Back
Top Bottom