Aussies: Summer Heights High

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jonah is one of the reasons why i'm gald i never became a teacher.

bless the hearts of anyone who's able to work with kids that age.

i will say that, now, we call one of our red-headed co-workers "ranga."

the show is remarkably accurate in reflecting american schools... not just australian.

i work in a school, all be it a private school... i know a jonah, i know someone who's similar to ja'mie... and i certainly know a mr. g, all though my version of mr. g is female and an art teacher, not a drama teacher... but she thinks her paper mache camels are the most important thing in the school and gets offended when students go to extra help for, ya know, real subjects over her art extra help.

Jonah was awesome :love:

I reckon his next show will be following the life of one character, maybe the bloke with the deaf brother from We Can Be Heroes

Two years on and this show is still being talked about. :D

Teachers and students loved it, I had an English teacher who would say "oh puck you sir" when ever saw our reaction after being told off.

'Ranga' is something that is going to stick for a long time

God bless Chris Lilley.

I loved that show and by the end had to keep reminding myself that Jonah wasn't real, and was actually an adult playing him. He broke my heart, that little shit. :(

Wow, how did I miss this thread?

The show, and the act of quoting lines from the show, became a big running gag amongst my friends for a while. One of my friends in particular does a ridiculously spot-on Jonah impression...dancing included. Brilliant show. :up:

What was Jonah's tagging ID? Dick-tation?

... of course, if we had a penis smiley here, I'd use that in lieu of "dick." So y'all can use your imagination.

Yup.

dicktation.jpg

"That's my dicktation."

Any Americans who are in love with this show, they have to get the first one he did, We Can Be Heroes.

Ja'mie is in it, as well as other characters, a Chinese-Australian University student interested in musical theratre (Ricky Wong), a Policeman who hasn't worked since saving kids from a jumping castle that was blown away in a storm (Phil Olivetti), A middle aged lady trying to set the world record for having rolled the furthest, twin brothers.

It is brilliant, it is the search for the Australian of the year.

YouTube - We can be Heroes

Back
Top Bottom