Another one bites the dust: Divorce...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina (AP) -- The wife of entertainer Bill Murray has filed for divorce after nearly 11 years of marriage, alleging that he abused her and is addicted to marijuana and alcohol.

Bill Murray and wife Jennifer have been married for almost 11 years.

Jennifer Butler Murray filed divorce papers May 12 in Charleston County. She owns a home on Sullivans Island, South Carolina, where she lives with the couple's four children.

The complaint was first reported by The Post and Courier of Charleston. It also alleges frequent abandonment by the former "Saturday Night Live" star.

Bill Murray's attorney, John McDougall, wouldn't comment on the allegations but said the entertainer "is deeply saddened by the breakup of his marriage."

"He and his wife made loving parents, and they are committed to the best interests of their children," McDougall said.

Jennifer Murray's attorney, Robert Rosen, said he had no comment.

The couple signed a prenuptial agreement, which was filed as an exhibit with the divorce papers, before they married in 1997. As part of the agreement, both waived their right to alimony or support if the marriage broke up. However, Murray agreed to pay $7 million to his ex-wife within 60 days of a final divorce decree.

The complaint, which doesn't specify instances of Murray's alleged marijuana or alcohol use, alleges he would often leave without telling his wife and says he "travels overseas where he engages in public and private altercations and sexual liaisons."

It also alleges that Murray physically abused his wife and in November "hit her in the face and then told her she was 'lucky he didn't kill her.' "

The documents obtained by The Post and Courier were sealed by the court last week.

Oh, and George & his girlfriend Sara broke up :sad: :wink:

I heard about Madonna and Guy, but what about Jen and Ben? :ohmy:

all I can say is that Ben/Jen little girl (Violet I think) is the happiest child I have ever seen photographed..... in all the pics I have seen her in she is ALWAYS smiling :D which makes me think she is in a happy home...hopefully

Ben and Jen is not true. I'd read it too and then there was something saying it isn't true...they are both so busy with their schedules they just aren't photographed together as much or as a family but they treasure their privacy. I don't blame them.

I normally wouldn't give two shits about this sort of thing, since it's not any of my business, but the Bill Murray stuff really too me by surprise.

If this is true I've lost any respect I had for Madonna. Come on-even Jeter would be acceptable. Of course they could just be studying Kabbalah

Us Weekly reports in its new issue, on newsstands tomorrow, that Madonna's seven-year marriage to Guy Ritchie has stalled out – and the singer has been hosting late-night visits from New York Yankee Alex Rodriguez at her Central Park West apartment in New York City.

A ringless and grim-faced Ritchie, 39, arrived in New York City from London yesterday after several weeks apart from his family. A source tells Us that the $28-million-a-year Rodriguez, 32, has made numerous solo nighttime visits to Madonna, 49, at her spacious home and would sneak out "as late as midnight." Says the source, "All the doormen are talking."

Rodriguez attended Madonna's April 30 NYC concert; the singer sat in his seats at a Yankees game on June 22 (it was the first time she ever was photographed at a Yankees game). Her son Rocco, 7, also sported Yankees gear on June 25 while playing in Central Park.

Rodriguez, married with two young daughters, has already faced speculation about cheating: In 2007, he and a stripper were reportedly spied in Toronto, Miami and Dallas.

Complicating matters: Former Yankee slugger Jose Canseco – who once dated Madonna – wrote in his book Vindicted that he "hates [A-Rod's] guts" because he once hit on his wife.

Madonna has been in NYC since the venerable Times of London confirmed that she consulted the same high-profile divorce attorney who worked with Paul McCartney and Prince Charles. Meanwhile, Us confirms Ritchie has also sought legal advice from Forsters law firm in London.

A-Rod's Yankees rep, when reached for comment, referred Us to their shared manager Guy Oseary. When reached by Us, Oseary hung up the phone. Madonna's rep, Liz Rosenberg, was not available.

Check out the new issue of Us Weekly, on newsstands now, for exclusive details about Madonna's surprising friendship with A-Rod, how she fell in and out of love with Ritchie, what divorce would mean for her $600 million estate, and why a reconciliation isn't out of the question.

I suppose all the hubub in the tabloids and news about the Ritchies' apparent separation and possible divorce is a refreshing change from news of those Spears girls' escapades. How sad too if the rumors are true about Madonna & Rodriguez fooling around while married to others. How sad for the children involved. Didn't Madonna & Guy just adopt that adorable little David? :hmm:

It's all a PR move for their upcoming tour (Madonna) and movie (Guy).

Believe there's a column on Foxnews website that claims all of this is just bogus.

Madonna's rep issued a statement yesterday saying Guy is in NYC with her and the kids for the month of July as they've planned for months. She's rehearsing for her tour and Guy was finishing up work on his newest movie in London, which is why he just came to join the family. She said Madonna and Guy are not divorcing. As for A-Rod, he and Madonna have the same manager, she took her kids to a Yankees game last week. He was over visiting Madonna, her kids, and Guy Oseary (Madonna's manager). They've only met a couple times according to the publicists.

I bet US Weekly is pretty happy that people believed actually believed this horseshit, so they bought their shitty tabloid.

Next we're gonna hear that Barry Bonds is dating Tina Turner.

^:lol:

Madonna's rep made a joke at the end of the statement yesterday saying something along the lines of "The rumors about Madonna and Lil Wayne are untrue as well." I'm guessing that was a big Fuck You to Us Weekly.

Aside from how awesome I think Madonna and Guy are together and how sad I would be if they did split up, I tend not to believe any Madonna rumors because of how numerous and ridiculous they are. Before she announced she was pregnant with Lourdes, people were swearing she had AIDS. Then last year, all the magazines had "on good authority" that she was adopting another child. Unless I hear it from Liz Rosenberg, I don't believe it.

Now its being reported that A-Rod's wife has left him for (get a load of this) Lenny Kravitz.

I shit you not.

I didn't catch anything about the wife going off with Kravitz but yeah, they said on the sports report tonight that A-Rod and wife had split. The plot thickens... :hmm:

Lenny Kravitz vs ARod

I'd go with Lenny

Rumor was, the last time that ARod got caught with that woman last year- that he and his wife have some sort of arrangement, are swingers, whatever. I just hope Hank Steinbrenner isn't involved..

Back
Top Bottom