Americas Next Top Model Cycle 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I spoiled myself, but haven't watched it yet.

Katarzyna (I know I spelled it wrong). I'm bummed - I really liked her. :(

As much as Im all about Whitney I think with the final two that they made the wrong choice with voting off Katarzyna :(. Think if it had been another girl besides her with Whitney then I would have rooted for Whitney.

Wonder if a plus size model will actually take the title after all :hmm: The previous ones have never made it this far yet!

I didn't catch it last night. I'm reading what happened on other websites.

Yeah, I'm surprised Katarzyna was booted off. She was doing well. Probably had the whole "personality" issue.

I think its fixed for Whitney to win, because she is plus size.

I think it would come down between her and Fatima, or Anya

BonosBaby12 said:
Wonder if a plus size model will actually take the title after all The previous ones have never made it this far yet!

I don't think Whitney has a chance of winning - I think she's made it this far because Tyra & Co. want people to think they're not going to vote out the plus-size girl early in the competition, like they've done most of the previous cycles.

Katarzyna was too pretty and far too classy for this show, so she had to go. Predictable.

I'm still pissed about Claire.

Anyhow - yeah I reckon it's an Anja/Whitney finale. Anja will win though IMO.

I'm not surprised Dominique went home. But I am that Whitney is still in. I really do think it'll be fixed for her to win.

Well, THANK GOD.

I'm finally starting to agree that they might be setting up Whitney for the win.

BonosBaby12 said:
Have to agree with you on that one Cori. However the fairest win would be if Anja won it. I love Whitney but I have to say that I can see where Anja would be the better top model.

My one beef with Anya is that, frankly, she sounds like a moron when she opens her mouth, and they always harp on the "spokesmodel" point on this show.

If they had a problem with Danielle's accent, well ...

The only reason i would root for Whitney to win is that it would be nice if the winner was actually a pretty girl for once. And it does seem like they're pimping her for the win or at least to go Top 2. I just think that after last season's debacle with Saleisha, they would want somebody who could actually be successful as a model this time.

corianderstem said:

My one beef with Anya is that, frankly, she sounds like a moron when she opens her mouth, and they always harp on the "spokesmodel" point on this show.

If they had a problem with Danielle's accent, well ...

Very good point with Danielle. They did harp on her accent all of the time but in the end they chose her. Perhaps Anya could just stand there and look pretty and not speak? :wink:

Maybe Anya will go on to be one of those really successful non-winners - like Elyse from Cycle 1 or Ann from Cycle 3.

I am looking forward to the Covergirl ad shoot - those things also end in tears. I am glad Dominique went - but thought Fatima's photo totally missed the point of the exercise. Oh well.

ultravioletluvv said:
The only reason i would root for Whitney to win is that it would be nice if the winner was actually a pretty girl for once. And it does seem like they're pimping her for the win or at least to go Top 2. I just think that after last season's debacle with Saleisha, they would want somebody who could actually be successful as a model this time.

I want to see a plus size model win for once :D

Whitney has a great body and I'm pretty sure would be very relatable to many many many of us :yes: *me of course

nothing against Whitney,
she is very pretty
and
I have probably have a higher body mass index than she does

but I think is not realistic to say she is on an equal footing with these skinny model types

and I do realize that there are more women that are her size or bigger than there are that are Anya's size

if you google "Top Models"
plus size or should we say "typical" size women is not what comes up

And that's okay, because it's not like any winner from this show is actually going to be any sort of "top model" anyway.

good point

it does seem like Tyra dose just grab some of these girls out of a parking lot

that other Model show on Bravo,
did a better job getting "model" types

Yep, I knew it.

For a moment there, I thought Anya would get it. And I felt they deliberately made it more difficult for Anya with that tight silver dress, because that is hard to walk in - while Whitney got the more easier dresses. But when the judges deliberated, I did wonder if Anya would get after all.

I'm not sure if Whitney is the worthy winner. I felt Katarzyna was the one with real model potential, while Whitney hit a lot of bumps along the way. But she won, so good for her. :applaud:

Yay for a girl with some booty winning! It's hard to say if she won it on her own merits, or because Tyra & Co. said "this year it's time for the plus-sized girl to win."

But either way - yay! I loved Anya, but her speaking voice is so "wtf" I can't see her doing the "My Life As a CoverGirl" commercials.

And I totally covet that pink dress Whitney won.

Oh, and thank GOD they finally put the girls back into an actual fashion show, not just some made-up wacky bullshit like that thing on stilts or the crazy brides of the past few seasons.

Back
Top Bottom