American Idol - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still blown away by Crystal Bowersox, "Natural Woman", performer. She sounded like Janis Joplin covering Aretha Franklin. If that a was a real cover, I'd buy it. I really hope she, Andrew Garcia, and silver-haired Lily, all make the top 24. I forgot to mention that really cute, blonde guy with the blond hair in a pony-tail, the one who took his shirt off in his original audition. I didn't know the song he sang, but I thought he did well too. And he's eye candy.:drool:

Bowersox is a cool name.

Lily's vocal reminded me too much of Megan Joy Corkrey from last year, who I thought I liked for a minute, but who then swiftly became bat-shit insane.

Song Choices from Hollywood - Night 1 - Show and Alumni News - American Idol

some of the songs/performers

Title: American Boy
Artist Version: Estelle
Contestant: JANELL WHEELER

Title: Change
Artist Version: Taylor Swift
Contestant: HAELEY VAUGHN

Title: Waiting On The World To Change
Artist Version: John Mayer
Contestant: MICHAEL LYNCHE

Title: Come Back To Me
Artist Version: David Cook
Contestant: TIM URBAN

Title: Terrified
Artist Version: Kara DioGuardi
Contestant: DIDI BENAMI

Title: Natural Woman
Artist Version: Aretha Franklin
Contestant: CRYSTAL BOWERSOX

All the contestants are here:
Hollywood Week Hopefuls - American Idol

I had no idea that was a Taylor Swift song.

I think Lily seemed more natural than Megan Joy from last year - she came across to me like she was forcing herself to sound all quirky and shit.

To be honest, I don't remember if I thought that all along, or if I started out liking her and then got annoyed along with the rest of the country.

In terms of who we've been talking about mainly here, Andrew did amazing again. They didn't show Lily or Crystal singing individually during group sing, but they both made it. So did Haeley.

It's hard to gauge these things when you only see them sing one little line or two, but there seem to be a lot of talented and likable people this year, probably more so than there have been the last couple seasons.

But Mary, the girl with short hair who desperately wants to be Pink, is annoying and can leave the show whenever she wants.

GAF so far I agree, especially on the female side. These are the strongest group of women since Season 5 and they aren't all belters.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the song choice options for group round. They finally have some current stuff to choose from. Bad Romance! Although, why would anyone choose to sing Sweet Escape? It's an ok song but not a good choice to learn on the fly.

Oh and the group that destroyed Dreams? Grrrrr....don't screw with Fleetwood Mac dammit. Mary is annoying.

I dont get why a lot of them do the same songs / artists. There's like 7 million songs out there and everyone decides to sing Lady GaGa? :)angry:) Do they only have a specific amount of songs to choose from?

Mary is annoying. I figured she would manage to get thru. And Big Mike had a baby girl :cute:

So I was re-watching the last half of last night's show with Maddy tonight, and I'm still wondering why they sent cancer boy home. I don't think he was bad, at least not from the little they showed. Could it have been the song choice? Randy's comment was "interesting". And I got to see Crystal again. :)

So am I the only who thinks Big Mike kind of has his priorities screwed up? I get the whole "this will be great for my family" thing but, still...missing the birth of your first (or any) child to be on American Idol? I don't know. I couldn't go there.

Yeah, I kind of agree. I mean, I understand about chasing one's dream, but sometimes on these shows, I find it questionable. All the people who are all "oh, I'm doing this all for my family" - I guess they mean they want to be able to provide for one's family, which of course is a good thing, but jeez, think of how little time they'll get to be with their family if they make it.

But on the other hand, we see edited versions of their lives and don't know the whole thing. To be honest, I don't care who's having babies. I think they should make it if they're the best singers, and not on some "His wife's in labor! Send him through!" I know that comes into play when the voting starts, since it's just a big popularity contest, but spare us from it here, please.

Mary needs to GTFO.

So after all that, we only see 7 of the 24 finalists tonight? Way to stretch this out to two hours tonight and another hour tomorrow :crack:

Glad Casey got in. Wonder what will happen with Big Mike. And what about the girl at the end who was pleading & begging! :doh:

Alright, there are already two total Hottie McTotties in the Top 24, vying for the spot of GAF's heart this season. DiDi Benami and Katelyn Epperly. Mmmmm. This is great. Katelyn was the one that Ellen completely fucked with during the face to face judges decision. "I'm going to tell you right now...because it would be cruel to keep you waiting...so I'm just going to let you know our decision...because I hate when people drag it out..."

I was also won over by Todrick Hall, in that little random clip they showed of him talking to the sunbathing girls. "So I can be your fiance? Your parents wouldn't mind? Do they know I'm black?" That shit was funny. And he's a talented kid.

I'm sure lots of girls are happy that Casey made it.

I was saddened by the elimination of Shelby, the girl with the partially paralyzed face. She seems nice, and took the bad news very well.

Anyway, this season is baller. Pumped for the rest of the 24 to be revealed tomorrow.

I'm so glad Todrick made it. I really hope Lilly, Andrew Garcia, and Crystal Bowersox do as well. Crystal is my favorite. Her voice blows me away every time I hear it. Her performance of "If It Makes You Happy" last night was good enough for an album. If she somehow doesn't make the top 24, I'll probably punch somebody.

Yeah, I agree that Andrew & Crystal have to be in the top 24. I can't remember which one Lilly is. Is she the silver haired one? :scratch:

I was saddened by the elimination of Shelby, the girl with the partially paralyzed face. She seems nice, and took the bad news very well.

Aww, man. I really liked her. I was wondering whether she'd make the cut, but my DVR wasn't installed yet so I had to make a choice between LOST and the rest of AI and Lost won.

Who will be the "shocking elimination" tonight alluded to in the preview?

I was watching the Olympics but I like the Brad Pitt Legends Of The Fall guy-looks like Kara does too. Isn't that some kind of harassment? :wink: Why are they showing AI during the Olympics? I wonder how the ratings compared.

Back
Top Bottom