American Idol - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess you are not watching Glee or Pushing Daisies (when it was on)
and yes her singing voice is better than her chipmunk speaking voice

kristin-chenoweth-fhm-8.jpg

She has won a few awards

1997 Theater World Award
1999 Outer Critics Circle Award - Outstanding Featured Actress in a Musical (You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown)
1999 Drama Desk Award - Outstanding Featured Actress in a Musical (You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown)
1999 Tony Award - Best Featured Actress in a Musical (You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown)
2005 Breakthrough Of The Year Award from Hollywood Life Magazine
2008 Point Courage Award — Point Foundation
2009 Primetime Emmy Award - Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series (Pushing Daisies)
2009 Satellite Award - Outstanding Guest Star (Glee)

Nice to see a trained singer as a guest judge in lieu of a pop singer for a change. (Not that any of the show's guest hosts can't sing, but Posh Spice, seriously? Wasn't she notorious for being the Spice Girl with the worst voice?)

Not sure what she's singing here, but apparently it's from rehearsals from a random Old Navy commercial - lol.

YouTube - kristin chenoweth sings

And on Glee, singingsome good ol' pop.

YouTube - Alone Glee

I saw Kristen in "Wicked" on Broadway...she was terrific...I also loved Pushing Daisies...but that show did not last long enough

I'm so over Pants On the Ground. But yeah, alas, you're probably right.

Although at this rate, I'm not sure I'll make it to the finale. I deleted last night's show off my DVR unwatched. :ohmy:

I'm so over Pants On the Ground. But yeah, alas, you're probably right.

Yeah, me too, but they'll have to bring to him back. That's just the way it is.

I forgot it was on last night. I'll fast-forward through it as usual. I generally don't watch any of the bad auditions anymore. It's all kind of the same, and you can tell fast-forwarding who's good.

Hey Cori, are you excited about your favorite person in the world Katy Perry as a guest judge on tomorrow's Idol? :wink:

Avril was just down right annoying acting like a 13 year old.
Katy was just rude with her behavior towards Kara, uncalled for.

:zen:

Okay, okay, uncle. Katy Perry is rather adorable.

Her music still sucks, though.

Yes! She is! That's a good word to describe her, I think.

As for her music, I only know "I Kissed A Girl" and "Hot N Cold." Maybe she has some excellent deep cuts hiding on her album? Probably not.

Ha, I thought it was pretty clear that Katy and Kara knew eachother and were just messin around. Could be wrong, though.

It was somewhat nice to see the guest judges have some balls and say no when the others were wishy washy...that said....how can we call Katy Perry and Avril "expert" judges...seems a bit of a stretch:wink:

I'd like to see Katy be on with Ellen.

And then have Ellen start singing "I kissed a girl" like Kara did.

"Please Stop, I'll Have to Throw My Coke in Your Face"

I knew it! Thanks for the background, BAW.

Tonight's guest judges on Idol, two of the most popular gay entertainers in America: Neil Patrick Harris and Joe Jonas.

he was in that Dr. Horrible online mini-musical that Joss Whedon did a couple of years ago.

And I think he's been in a musical or two on Broadway - wasn't he in Rent for a while? He's probably better qualified to be a judge than Ellen.

Back
Top Bottom