American Idol - Season 10: New judges. Same amount of awesome.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I was a little bit bummed about Lauren. I'd take her over another blonde country-singing Idol gal in a heartbeat.

Just caught up on last night's show (just the performances, thankyouverymuch).

Best three: Casey, Pia and James.

I'm rooting for Naima, but that was a bit of a mess. And it's official - I'm not on the Jacob train. That was just really freaking irritating.

Is anyone still watching? I'm surprised to find myself interested again. We'll see how long that lasts!

Not sad to see Ashthon gone. She was far from the worst, but she bugged me during both performances. Lovely girl, though. Awesome hair.

I guess Casey was back in the hospital again - poor guy. He apparently has ulcerative colitis, which sounds like zero fun.

Ulcerative Colitis Is What Casey Abrams Has : People.com

Oh, and apparently Black Eyed Peas and Lee Dewyze are the special guests next week. Two reasons to employ my fast-forward button!

This group is so much better than last year as a whole. My god, it's not even close. I mean, they sing in tune and everything.

My faves are Casey and Paul. I like Pia's voice, but hate her song selection. I think Naima has potential and while I didn't like James at the start, if he continues to not try to be Adam Lambert, I will really start to like him. Oh and I think Thia's tone is beautiful but damn she's like a robot up there.

Naima performance reminded me of Cher on last years X Factor UK because she combined 2 different song styles. She is less irritating though. She was the most exciting on last weeks show. I was dropping asleep until she came on. I find Jacob annoying vocally as well as the OTT way he behaves is annoying. There's also a few guys who I think fail to actually sing rather than screech. Why do you guys consider screaming, shouting and talking to be the same as singing? It isn't! A high pitched scream should not be included for consideration when you're discussing range. Anyone can scream. It is not singing!!!!!!

And another thing, I think Jimmy Iovine looks absolutely nothing like Bono. So whoever said that is wrong!

So Casey's song choice was definitely..."off"...vocally at times tonight, but it's official, he's my favorite of the guys nonetheless (though I can just HEAR Kurt screaming from his grave right now). He's definitely the most memorable of the guys and the most willing to do something unusual, which I like (and he does NOT look like he was born in 1991. He can't possibly be seven years younger than me. He doesn't even look younger than my sister, and she was born in '88!).

Pia did quite well tonight, too, and Jacob was very over the top at times, but I liked his song choice. If he toned it down a little bit, he could have a nice hit with his version of the Heart song. It worked for him. And the girl who was sick? She sure didn't sound it.

I'm really looking forward to the nights where they have to do a certain sort of genre, because I'm itching to get Scotty out of the country comfort zone for once and see what else he can do (when his parents sang the lines from THAT one song tonight my sister was like, "Really? Why?"). He did do nice, though.

And I have to agree with trojanchick99, too, about Thia. She's still my favorite of the girls because her voice is so naturally beautiful and she just sings and doesn't try to be too over-showy or whatever, but yes, like the judges said, she needs to let loose a little bit, at least in terms of song selection.

Overall a pretty bland night tonight, but there were a few shining moments.

Angela

So. That was kind of underwhelming.

Naima still has pitch issues, but I really think she can be contemporary.

Here's the deal, Pia and Thia have beautiful voices but they just put me to sleep. Pia has a better stage presence but that outfit was all kinds of wrong.

Haley didn't completely suck and made that song her own so there's that. Karen was meh.

Stefano was good and I liked his little intro bit. I like that James is going with the rock, would have preferred some Skid Row, but maybe later.

So, Paul is still one of my faves. I just don't know if his voice is going to hold up throughout this competition. It's sounding rough already. I love his stage presence and crazy Thom Yorke dancing.

I also really like Casey. I like that he chose a Nirvana song. I like that he plays bass. I liked the beginning of that song, but then it got a bit screamy. Still he's pretty cool.

Lauren. I just don't like her. I feel like the show really wants me to like her, but she's underwhelming. Her voice is fine, but her personality kinda grates sometimes.

Scotty. Objectively, he's got a smooth country voice. Unfortunately, he kind of reminds me of W. Not sure why. That and I really don't like much country. Still, the vocal was really, really good.

Jacobe. Thank goodness he didn't choose some U2. I was nervous. He's got one heck of a voice, but oversings everything. It's getting old. That said, I love his personality. He's just so bubbly.

I'm still struggling to enjoy anyone this season. I don't know why. A lot of people are "just ok for me dawg" so far, and some are downright annoying.

I guess I look forward to Casey just because he is totally wacky and doesn't care what people think of him while he is on stage. Other than that, no one really stands out as someone I care to tune in for every week. Hopefully the upcoming themes will bring about incredible performances.

My faves are Casey, Jacob, and Scotty. I don't even consider myself a big country fan and I just wait to hear Scotty's voice. That's some serious talent!

I don't know what it is but I don't like the girls at all. It seems like it's that way for me every season. It's not like a hate girl singers or anything but I guess it just seems like they are trying so hard.

And if one more singer picks a whitney houston song, i think i might hurl.

I love the dynamic of the judges, too. J LO is very good and Steven tyler is funny and quirky. I guess if anything the two of them make Randy looks less competent than ever. Heh. But I've just never been a Randy fan.

Jimmy Iovine is funny in his ball caps. i wonder if he sleeps in one.

Was there a picture of Bono on the little table in the center of the shot when he was talking one-on-one with each person? I swear it was. :lol:

My faves are Casey, Jacob, and Scotty. I don't even consider myself a big country fan and I just wait to hear Scotty's voice. That's some serious talent!

I don't know what it is but I don't like the girls at all. It seems like it's that way for me every season. It's not like a hate girl singers or anything but I guess it just seems like they are trying so hard.

And if one more singer picks a whitney houston song, i think i might hurl.

I love the dynamic of the judges, too. J LO is very good and Steven tyler is funny and quirky. I guess if anything the two of them make Randy looks less competent than ever. Heh. But I've just never been a Randy fan.

Jimmy Iovine is funny in his ball caps. i wonder if he sleeps in one.

I agree with you.. It's definitely the guys this season yet again.. None of the female singers have anything that really grabs me.

I really like the judges this year, I didn't think I would like JLO but she has such a big heart.. And Steven what can I tell ya, he cracks me up! Anyone following him on twitter? He tweets all in caps, its hilarious.

And Jimmy and his caps.. just like the edge.. :giggle: he probably does sleep in one..

Of course KH and Matt Bellamy were in the audience and Ryan fails to mention that Matt is there but of course acknowledges KH who frickin hides her face with 2 bags of chips? Ok so if you in the last row no one is going to notice you? :huh:
Also, props to Randy for mentioning Muse and Radiohead.. At least he knows who is there..

Of course KH and Matt Bellamy were in the audience and Ryan fails to mention that Matt is there but of course acknowledges KH who frickin hides her face with 2 bags of chips? Ok so if you in the last row no one is going to notice you? :huh:

...I totally missed that :huh:. Matt showing up at an "Idol" taping? That's kinda funny :p.

Also, props to Randy for mentioning Muse and Radiohead.. At least he knows who is there..

That I did notice. And that I liked :D.

Angela

apparently we weren't the only ones going wtf happened to fergie..

from Ryan:

RT @RyanSeacrest: Haha! Real fergie.Promise RT @leogirl864: @RyanSeacrest @AmericanIdol. There are a lot of us that think Fergie was a look a like. Is it true

I have actually been disappointed in the contestants. I was expecting something a little more from them but I end up tuning out most of the show. Right now Mr. Country boy and Laurin are my favorites. I find more enjoyment listening to Steven Tyler with his feedback.

Fergie looked extremely bloated. I did not recognize her and thought it was a guest singer. Maybe she had some facial work done.

I have actually been disappointed in the contestants. I was expecting something a little more from them but I end up tuning out most of the show. Right now Mr. Country boy and Laurin are my favorites. I find more enjoyment listening to Steven Tyler with his feedback.

Fergie looked extremely bloated. I did not recognize her and thought it was a guest singer. Maybe she had some facial work done.

That's what I was thinking.. her face looked freaky.

Back
Top Bottom