Amazing Race 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yay! :hyper:

I agree with you about the teams you mentioned. I also adore Mel & Mike. :love:

I don't remember them very much. They must not have made me mad if I don't remember them very well.

The real baddies, as far as I'm concerned, are Jaime and Cara, Margie and Luke, and Christina (from Ron and Christina)

Jaime & Cara: Yuck. They are real jerks.

283987.jpg

My favorite race teams are always the really big personalities....such as Flo/Zach & Tara/Wil...the first All Star cast really shocked me because, for the most part, it made me feel like I had been watching an entirely different series given what my choices would have been.

Therefore, I :heart: Jaime/Cara. Flight Time/Big Easy had the only great moment of their season which was when they freaked out that one girl so they could pass her up on the waterslide. :up:

The rest are mostly feel-good teams. Boring. :down:

My favorite race teams are always the really big personalities....such as Flo/Zach & Tara/Wil...the first All Star cast really shocked me because, for the most part, it made me feel like I had been watching an entirely different series given what my choices would have been.

Therefore, I :heart: Jaime/Cara. Flight Time/Big Easy had the only great moment of their season which was when they freaked out that one girl so they could pass her up on the waterslide. :up:

The rest are mostly feel-good teams. Boring. :down:
You and I would have an interesting time watching the show together, that's for sure!

I know they had their re-shot in All Stars but oh how I wish to see these two back racing against the "Goths".

It would be the gayest TV event ever in all the right ways.

oswald_danny.jpg

Well, what did ya'll think?

I think that at one point, the stunt brothers were scheduled to be on this season, but something prevented it.

Here's why I think that.

Last November, the Amazing Race Wii game was released. Look at the artwork. Who do you see, besides Phil?

the-amazing-race-wii_BG12320.jpg

When I originally got the game, I thought that was just picturing the teams that would be in the game. But then when I played, I was dumbfounded to find that no actual teams are included in the game.

I think they were giving us a clue; I do not think it's a coinkydink that, except for one team, every team pictured on the game artwork is in this season.

Maybe it was made during the last season, when Gary & Mallory were still racing? That's kinda cool! :lol:

Fun episode. I had no idea it was going to be a TBC episode, because I think I heard someone say "last team may be eliminated." In previous seasons, the clue right before the non-existent pit stop has said something along the lines of "go find Phil" or something.

Oh, those poor Cowboys. :lol: :tsk: And there is WAY too much helping out of other teams. Don't help people, dammit! It's a race!

Oh, those poor Cowboys. :lol: :tsk: And there is WAY too much helping out of other teams. Don't help people, dammit! It's a race!
Exactly how I feel. it doesn't hurt to be as nice as possible, but don't give away answers!

I think it got off to a somewhat :yawn: start last night. I agree there was too much helping one another going on which was disappointing, although we are all aware how things are cut out or glorified in the end cut.....sooooo, it's going to get more dog eat dog soon, it has to. Like Thora said, "It's a race!" I wanted to see elimination right out the gates but have to wait a week now :doh:

Well, what did ya'll think?

I think that at one point, the stunt brothers were scheduled to be on this season, but something prevented it.

Here's why I think that.

Last November, the Amazing Race Wii game was released. Look at the artwork. Who do you see, besides Phil?

the-amazing-race-wii_BG12320.jpg

When I originally got the game, I thought that was just picturing the teams that would be in the game. But then when I played, I was dumbfounded to find that no actual teams are included in the game.

I think they were giving us a clue; I do not think it's a coinkydink that, except for one team, every team pictured on the game artwork is in this season.

Maybe the Stunt Brothers join the race halfway through after the race runs to Redemption Island.:wink:

In previous seasons, the clue right before the non-existent pit stop has said something along the lines of "go find Phil" or something.

!

Yeah it usually says "find Phil on the mat", never says "pit stop".

Hopefully they'll have one of those things where everyone has to wait 8 hours for someplace to open so the cowpokes can catch up and Jaime and Cara cah be first out.

I must say Zev cracks me up...

Zev: "We're in the outback?"
Justin: This is the outback"
Zev: "Not a lot of steakhouses"

Justin: "Zev is artistic"
Zev: "And autistic"

Has a great attitude, fun to watch.

I think Ronald and Cristina will be going home soon, Dad is just too stubborn and overbearing there, they won't last.

Amanda & Kris - no shocker there.

I forgot how much Ron annoyed me the first time he was on the show. He had a few funny quips, but otherwise he's so grating. I hope they're out next. :crack: Plus, Christina's head turn in the opening is SUUUUPER creepy! :lol:

Zev and Justin are definitely my favourites!

Did the Cowboys' season not have, you know, puzzles? I just can't fathom how two people that stupid & clueless could nearly win this program. It's no lie that the earlier seasons of this show required far more brain power and usually had some arduous mental task about every third episode (now, they pretty much save it for the finale). They're just so smarmy and bland. Get them off my screen!

Also, I've been to the Sydney destinations and you can definitely taxi to and from that beach. They're morons for riding the ferry on the way back.

I haven't watched tonight's installment yet, but I'm wondering how everyone else would like the bootlist to-go....

My hope....

11th - Amanda/Kris (Glad they were out first since they were the John Vito/Jill of this All Star season...a truly wtf? pick)

10th - Jet/Cord (Irritatingly smug)
9th - Margie/Luke (Never much of an interesting team in my eyes...hate their working together mentality and feel Luke is kind of here as a gimmick)
8th - Gary/Mallory (Like Mallory's enthusiasm...at times)
7th - Mike/Mel (Not the most interesting team and I doubt the older gentlemen has enough fuel left to go much further)
6th - Kent/Vyxsin (Way, way overrated. Not that interesting, but somewhat likable in my eyes)
5th - Kisha/Jennifer (Interesting team, quite strong)
4th - Ron/Christina (not a fan, just want to see them go through hell for the entertainment value)

3rd - FlightTime/Big Easy
2nd - Zev/Justin
1st - Jaime/Cara

^ That would be one epic finale...with the only three teams I give a damn about.

Lets Just say I was extremely disappointed when Mike and mel gave up and got passed.

I'd like to see Jaime and Cara next out, and my top 3 would be Zev and Justin, The Trotters and The Cowboys.

Anyone else think Mallory may have inhaled laughing gas or dropped ecstasy before this leg?

I was hoping for Jamie & Cara to be eliminated - still hate them so much. In the interviews last week, one of them (Jamie I think) seemed to be simpering and smirking and making weird faces all the time. Ugh. Hopefully they'll be out soon.

My top two are Zev & Justin and the Globetrotters, and maybe Gary & Mallory. She's insane for sure, but fun to watch.

I knew Mel & Mike wouldn't last long, as Mel seems to have slowed down a LOT since he was last on the show, but it's too bad they gave up tonight. They were a lot more entertaining the first time around.

I definitely had Ron and Christina wrong. I thought I remember her being a jerk to him, but it's definitely the other way around.

Wasn't there an Asian father and daughter team in which the daughter always yelled at the dad a few years back?

Ron and Christina can be next as far as I'm concerned.

No question Mel & Mike wouldn't have lasted too long, but as soon as they picked the frog challenge, I knew it was over for them. Why they didn't do the easier one is beyond me.

Also gotta say, while I like them, the Cowboys have been quite disappointing so far this season. They are getting very basic stuff wrong and just don't seem to be into it yet. And this is after they were doing almost everything right the last time out.

Zev & Justin are hilarious.

And I'm sorry, but I can't stand Mallory.

Ron & Christina just don't seem like the same people....they are fumbling idiots and making mistakes. The Cowboys are also disappointing this time around. Mallory makes me wand to dive thru the TV and slap her silly.....but I just love Zev!

Back
Top Bottom