Actor Dom DeLuise Dies at 75

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
:(

46723037.jpg

LOS ANGELES - Actor, comedian and chef Dom DeLuise has died after a long battle with cancer.

DeLuise died in Santa Monica Monday night surrounded by family, according to his son Michael DeLuise who spoke to radio station KNX.

He passed away peacefully in his sleep around 6:30 p.m., he said.

DeLuise was nominated for a Golden Globe and starred in classics such as "The Cannonball Run" and "Spaceballs."

DeLuise often played comedic roles and appeared on the big screen alongside Burt Reynolds in the 1970s and 1980s.

Reynolds released the following statement Tuesday after learning about DeLuise's death:

"I was thinking the other day about this. As you get older you think about this more and more, I was dreading this moment. Dom always made everyone feel better when he was around. I never heard him say an unkind word about anyone. I will miss him very much. "

DeLuise was perhaps best known as a regular in Mel Brooks' films.

"To know Dom was to love him and I knew him very well. Not only was he talented and extremely funny, but he was a very special human being," said actress Carol Burnett, who starred with DeLuise on TV show "The Entertainers" in the '60s. DeLuise also appeared on "The Carol Burnett Show" in the '70s.

Other TV credits included appearances on such shows as "The Munsters," "The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.," "Burke's Law," "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" and "Diagnosis Murder."

On Broadway, DeLuise appeared in Neil Simon's "Last of the Red Hot Lovers" and other plays.

He was an avid chef and wrote several books on cooking.

Because of his passion for food, the actor battled obesity throughout much of his life, his weight reaching as much as 325 pounds at one point. For years he resisted the efforts of family members and doctors who tried to put him on various diets. He finally agreed in 1993 when he needed hip replacement surgery and his doctor refused to perform it until he lost 100 pounds.

DeLuise is survived by his wife and three sons.

He was 75.

Oh I have a serious sad now. When I was a little kid I was in love with this guy for one BIG reason:

fie_and_tiger.jpg

R.I.P.

I met him once when I was a kid, we were on a family vacation and we stayed at the same hotel as the crew and cast of Cannonball Run 2.

:sad:

I just read that news. I'm still sitting here feeling kind of shocked and numb. I always loved Dom and his humor. I have many memories sitting with the family watching him on TV or on talk shows! Sadly he will be missed.

Sad news. I remember a lot of the programs and films he was in.

:sad:

Just got off the phone with mom, she was pretty damn sad to hear the news. She informed me that I must see Cannonball Run, and it kinda just hit me, that I have no idea how I have NOT seen it. So, I will be hitting that up tonight.

He appeared for only a few minutes in Blazing Saddles but it was one of the most hilarious scenes in motion pictures....

"WATCH ME FAGGOTS!!!"......:hyper:

blazingsad176.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom