30 Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, I fuckin loved it. Had a smile on my face the whole time. They really went for it. Pretty ambitious stuff for a sitcom.

100% agree. On a purely laughs basis, I probably wasn't as into it as I would be a normal episode, but the whole thing was so damn impressive. Any amount of "Dr." Spaceman kills me.

I loved using Julia Louis-Dreyfuss for those "aside" scenes, or whatever you call them. And loved Jon Hamm's commercial.

"I'm so tired!" :lol:

I loved using Julia Louis-Dreyfuss for those "aside" scenes, or whatever you call them. And loved Jon Hamm's commercial.

"I'm so tired!" :lol:

:yes:

BoMac - didn't see the east coast feed, so I don't know. I believe both versions are supposed to be up online if you want to watch.

:yes:

BoMac - didn't see the east coast feed, so I don't know. I believe both versions are supposed to be up online if you want to watch.

I watched both and there were a few subtle differences, Jenna sung the theme for (I think it was) East whereas Robotguy did it for West. Also, the Jon Hamm commercial, he had different hand transplants and a couple of other things I can't remember off the top of my head :)

100% agree. On a purely laughs basis, I probably wasn't as into it as I would be a normal episode, but the whole thing was so damn impressive. Any amount of "Dr." Spaceman kills me.

Agreed, I was really cool seeing what they could do with it, though purely on a laughs basis I didn't think it was that funny. Though "Dr" Spaceman's erectile dysfunction treatment was genius :lol: Oh, and I think he sung different lyrics in the East/West versions.

Yup. I hadn't heard a thing about them doing a live show, so this caught me totally by surprise. Really cool to see an already fantastic show change it up and take a chance like that. :up:

"What's wrong, Lemon? When I see you chew your nails like that it's either you're very nervous or you've handled some ham earlier."

Yeah, last night's episode absolutely killed it. I was legitimately dying laughing every thirty seconds. This is shaping up to be the strongest season yet.

So, I watched this show the first 2 seasons, and then felt that it was sort of repetitive and so I stopped.

Decided to watch the Live West Coast show on the computer the other night, just out of curiosity, and, it's amazing how everything I liked and disliked was still the same.

Alec Baldwin continues to crack me up, and Tracy Morgan continues to be one of the luckiest sit-com participants of all-time. He's horrible. Kenneth continues to crack me up, god bless that character. The rest of the cast I can take or leave, just like before.

I was really looking forward to seeing the Jon Hamm "commercial" and, at the outset, I was let down...but once his hand started acting of its own volition I was cracking up, and of course "I'm so tired" killed me.

And, lastly, my favorite thing from the show, always, is anything to do with Dr. Spaceman. Having Parnell sing made me very happy. Loved it.

So, I mean, it certainly provided me with some laughs and so it was time well spent, but it didn't get me to elect to start watching regularly again, which I was sort of hoping it would. It remains a good show, no doubt.

One day I'll check Community out, I suspect I might like it.

Jack, what makes a guy get bored in a dating situation?

That's an excellent question. And the answer is...questions like that.

I ATE HIM, SIR! I ATE MY FATHER PIG!

We're two black swans!

Great episode.

I love Liz's silent Merry Christmas to Jack at the end.

From now on Tracy Jordan is only making movies about the Holocaust, Georgia O'Keefe, or both.

Probably the funniest episode they've done in a few seasons, for me at least. I laughed as much as I used to the first few years of the show.

Back
Top Bottom