24 Day 7 Talk Back!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice catch on the breathing, I must not have had the volume up loud enough to hear it last night.

I wouldn't read too much on the silent clock, I think it was done to highlight the breathing sounds. We'll know soon enough.

I completely forgot it started tonight, and for some reason my DVR didn't work, does anyone know where I can catch this episode before tomorrow night's show?

Torrents! :drool:

I caved in. Having heard nothing about it airing here in the Netherlands soon, I've just downloaded the first five episodes. And watched the first four.
:hyper:

And was that the Maroon 5 guy, who played the other bad guy (so not Emerson, but the driver/power cutting guy)? Oh well, as long as he doesn't start singing it might be tolerable.

The sub-plot with the V P is keeping it a little more interesting.

and Cherry Jones, the President, is only doing mediocre work.
and this from a woman that is the 'toast of Broadway'.

I keep missing it. :banghead:

633317514784490542.jpg

and Cherry Jones, the President, is only doing mediocre work.
and this from a woman that is the 'toast of Broadway'.

This President makes Charles Logan look like Abraham fuckin' Lincoln.

A direct threat against hundreds of thousands of American lives (with a demonstrated and known capability to act anytime and anywhere), and she insists on invading a foreign nation despite that to protect foreigners, knowing full well what will happen. She's either insane and stupid or knows a LOT more than anyone else and isn't telling anybody (which means she's incompetent as a leader). If a real President made a call like that, he or she ought to be impeached and charged with treason. In a show that att least makes a pretense of realism, this is really making it difficult for me to watch because I get so angry at her. :banghead:

This is my only HUGE complaint with the show thus far. Other than that, you can tell they really have invested a lot more time and thought into the storylines this time around rather than just winging it like they did with Season 6. :up:

A direct threat against hundreds of thousands of American lives (with a demonstrated and known capability to act anytime and anywhere), and she insists on invading a foreign nation despite that to protect foreigners, knowing full well what will happen. She's either insane and stupid or knows a LOT more than anyone else and isn't telling anybody (which means she's incompetent as a leader). If a real President made a call like that, he or she ought to be impeached and charged with treason. In a show that att least makes a pretense of realism, this is really making it difficult for me to watch because I get so angry at her. :banghead:

The writing on this program can either be great or crap

could she be the (a) mole?

is she going for a 'burning of the Reichstag' incident
so she can have absolute power, a la Bush/Cheney
911 plus the phony anthrax letters (that I believe was an inside job) worked like a charm for Cheney and Co.

I could speculate a couple of more ways, time will tell, if we get great or crap writing

Ah! It feels good to be in the same 'timezone' as everyone else. And not see it a couple of months later.
:)

This is my only HUGE complaint with the show thus far. Other than that, you can tell they really have invested a lot more time and thought into the storylines this time around rather than just winging it like they did with Season 6. :up:

I agree it's uncomfortable to watch, but you also have to think what would be the reaction of the American people when they found out the president gave in 100% to a terrorist threat, especially the first woman president?

I agree it's uncomfortable to watch, but you also have to think what would be the reaction of the American people when they found out the president gave in 100% to a terrorist threat, especially the first woman president?

I would think they would prefer that than to have 100,000 dead Americans and a foreign interventionist war in Africa, but hey...:shrug:

I would think they would prefer that than to have 100,000 dead Americans and a foreign interventionist war in Africa, but hey...:shrug:

There aren't 100,000 dead (yet). And besides, what would've happened if she'd gave in?
Dubaku: "Thank you for having your troops withdrawn, madam President. Now, for the US killing my brother I'll let you suffer some more..."

So what's the difference?
:shrug:

I think you underestimate the stubborness and macho pride of many Americans.

Especially given the fact that you have NO GUARANTEE of getting the device back and sparing the American lives...

Especially given the fact that you have NO GUARANTEE of getting the device back and sparing the American lives...

But for her to do everything to provoke the terrorists into that attack, and not to prepare whatsoever for the attack (other than "alert first responders") is reckless.

I'm not saying she does everything the bad guy says, but this course of action is 100% against the interests of the nation she leads, and in promotion of the interests of a tiny African nation.

I believe that runs counter to the oath of office she would have taken. It requires too much suspension of disbelief for me.

As I said earlier though, this is my only real hang-up about the season so far.

Back
Top Bottom