2014 Oscars Extravaganza!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
I'm kicking off the thread because I felt this was an appropriate picture to have right up front.

Bow down.

tfhluqucpr32qtaki2xf_zps2a5da4ba.jpg

As much as I love J-Law, it will be an awful, awful moment if Lupita doesn't win. She's charmed everyone this awards season and gives a disturbing performance that really sears itself into your head.

There are rumors that many Academy voters refused to watch 12 Years A Slave due to its "difficult" subject matter. Apparently these people didn't have a problem with Schindler's List, but there's your typical subconsciously racist position. If you're not willing to see all the BP nominees, then you shouldn't be voting, and should relinquish your membership in the Academy.

I hope the film manages to overcome this disgusting slight and manages to take top honors anyway.

I will be annoyed if Gravity wins best picture. Why anyone would find watching a great movie "difficult" is beyond me.

Watching something like a Grown Ups sequel would be much more difficult.

people should vote for the performance they enjoyed the most.

Sandra Bullock fighting for her life, (in spanx)

or a woman in the 1850s that does not even want to live

As much as I love J-Law, it will be an awful, awful moment if Lupita doesn't win. She's charmed everyone this awards season and gives a disturbing performance that really sears itself into your head.

Agreed.

I won't mind if Gravity wins best picture, although I'd prefer it go to 12 Years a Slave.

I'm not gonna lie. I watch the Oscars every year. I also try to watch as many Oscar movies as I can before Oscar night. I can't help myself.

I've entered many Oscar pools before and have been successful. This is the first time that I've ever laid down some dollar bills on a betting site for U2 to win Best Original Song. Yes. I've put my money where my mouth is. If U2 gets "Frozen" out of this award (pun intended) I dunno what I'm gonna do.

Here are my pics...

Oscars 2014 Ballot - NYTimes.com

Well, that's how you win big bucks, right? Put money on the underdog? ;)

.... is this the first time U2 has ever been an underdog?

I don't remember if they were predicted to win over Eminem way back when.

Mr CK and I have the E! special on here....we've been watching since approx 530pm and we saw the Cadillacs arrive with the band; only saw Ad' bc of his hair. It was as they were cutting to a commercial break so the band never got interviewed, etc.

Absolutely exhausted tonight; we went up to Cleveland last night with the kids for an impromptu getaway and we did the Rock Hall today. :drool: Not our first trip there, but still lots of fun. :rockon:

There are rumors that many Academy voters refused to watch 12 Years A Slave due to its "difficult" subject matter. Apparently these people didn't have a problem with Schindler's List, but there's your typical subconsciously racist position. If you're not willing to see all the BP nominees, then you shouldn't be voting, and should relinquish your membership in the Academy.

If there's any truth to that, its a complete travesty and memberships should indeed be revoked.

I think that's been a "thing" for years now - there's no way all the voters actually watch all the nominated films, right? (But it's probably unusual for them not to watch the "big" ones.)

They still could get some air time. Seacrest et al aren't stationed right by the limos.

Oh I know.

They've interviewed whoever is singing the Disney song, and now Pharrell.

Hoping U2 is somewhere nearby. :hmm:

‏@fakebono 4m
Oh shite. Larry just confessed that he stole pharrell’s hat. does this ruin our chances of winning?

:lmao:

Lanvin apparently makes men's short pants.

Lanvin: the designer for old-timey British boys under 12.

Did not know this before, but apparently every category for the Oscars has the voters select a single winner, except Best Picture which has a 1 through X preferential ranking system.

....Finally caught up with the majority of the BP nominees today, and Frozen. I don't know how Ordinary Love could possibly win over Let It Go. Easy choice.

I've only seen 4 of the BP nominees. I usually do better than that.

How I thought it shook out:

12 Years a Slave
Gravity
The Wolf of Wall Street
American Hustle
Captain Phillips
Her

I'm kind of hoping for a Director/Picture split between Cuaron and 12 Years.

And this year's Harvey Weinstein Memorial "WTF is this movie doing here?" Award is awarded to...Harvey Weinstein, for Philomena.

Back
Top Bottom