2012 Primetime Emmys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
her hair and make up are really good

she is not really designed for a lot of the dresses, most of the time she looks like crap, a walking laundry pile. at least that dress suggest a waistline.

this may be a cuter dress, but not a better look for her.

Tina Fey got best dressed on Fashion Police last night. She looked great

Moss from Mad Men got worst dressed. Can't post a pic now but she had a printed dress with a peplum and a high low hem. They showed January and Christina, they both looked amazing.

So The Emmys are largely crap, & I can't really abide judging art by awards that give them pull with audiences that like things that go down easy, but I will say I'm very glad that this will probably help Homeland double its ratings for this new season.

Perfect timing, sweeping the big awards one Sunday, premiere the next.

I'm not complaining it was recognized, that is got nominations. I was disappointed The Good Wife was left out for drama this year. But looking at the 6 noms, I can't say there is one crap nom there.

Disagree, Downton took a colossal, hilarious nosedive in season 2 & should be nowhere near that category. Justified & Treme are seriously overlooked if we're going to discuss the best dramas on US TV.

I will say with these voters it does help to be adapted from an Israeli TV series.

? because of the Hollywood power players' club having so many Jewish people? Have you seen any of the Israeli series? They have almost nothing in common beyond the idea of prisoners of war returning after many years & suspicions of compromise. Homeland really revolves around Danes' character who is completely original to HL, Lewis' character might as well be also, & the espionage elements of Homeland are a lot more intricate & at the forefront than in the Israeli series.

I was pretty happy when I saw Prisoners of War because of how different it was, I always kind of had an asterisk in my head next to my appreciation of Homeland because of the idea that the writing could be closely copied from another series, but beyond the logline it might as well be an original show. Prisoners of War is on Hulu now also if you want to check it out, it's a single season of 10 episodes, & also pretty good.

I will give Dunham credit, best I have ever seen her look, like the new hair cut

I agree. Love the whole look for her, and the dress.

I'm sure you enjoyed the opening skit, deep. More cake.

did you miss this post

this one picture sums up Girls

I would not mind if she gets some kind of writing award

she confirms what I have written
if a pack of pit bulls were tearing a baby apart she (that character) would not put down a piece of cake to help

Damn. I skimmed the thread and was surprised not to find a reference to that skit from you. Sorry.

no big deal, I miss a lot of stuff in here

I have a like/dislike relationship with Dunham. I have to admit she is a good writer. She has written her character as someone that makes many poor choices, it is funny to me that people want to defend or minimize those choices.

joyfulgirl said:
I'm sure you enjoyed the opening skit, deep. More cake.

That was my only real laugh of the night.

With TV being so good these days you'd think the Emmys wouldn't be such a snooze. Te Oscars are way more entertaining, with all their faux-gravitas.

I think the Emmys need to add categories that reflect all the period dramas that are on TV now. They need Best Costume, Best Makeup, Best Soundtrack awards. Then again, that would make the Emmys an extra 90 minutes long, so there needs to be another award show.

Oh no, did I just say "another awards show"?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom