2012 Golden Globes Yammering Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can someone feed Angelina Jolie?

She looks awful, whatever the problem is. And her lips are so beautiful but the red was cartoonish, and when she presented and they zoomed in on her..it was just sad with the size of her arms and her head.

Jane Fonda and Helen Mirren looked great. And Charlize just isn't human, sorry. Sofia's dress was amazing but she gives me a headache, she's so over the top. Can't take it.

Boring show, I had to watch The Good Wife so I missed some of it. Don't think I missed much.

The most irritating winner for me was Meryl Streep. Her feigned look of surprise was bad enough, but her movie is an atrocious piece of shit. It sucks that Martha Marcy May Marlene is the only film this year with a Best Actress contender that was any good. The rest all had middling reviews. I just don't feel that an actor deserves an award for being in a movie that sucks (also looking at you, Leo).

The Artist will easily clean house when the Oscars comes, but I'm glad The Descendants got some recognition since it's my favorite film of the Best Picture contenders. I really do think Clooney's performance was the best of his career and he probably deserves the Oscar since Pitt will likely not be nominated for Tree of Life instead of Moneyball. I love Alexander Payne's films and I think this one will net another Adapted Screenplay Oscar.

I think I would convert back to Christianity if The Help and War Horse were both snubbed when the Oscar nomination for Best Picture is revealed. But there's no God.

Wow, good call.

How the fuck was Elizabeth Olsen not nominated for best Actress at the Golden Globes?

If she doesn't get an Oscar nom, I'll go out into the street and punch a stranger in the neck.

Back
Top Bottom