Zbigniew Brezinski on Charlie Rose tonight on PBS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muldfeld

Refugee
Brezinski (however you spell his name) is one of the few scholars and former diplomats who speaks the truth about matters from a non-nationalistic viewpoint, including the Palestinian/Israeli issue and the Iraq War. He won't be on for the full hour.

http://www.charlierose.com

Charlie Rose usually airs at 11pm or 11:30pm and, on some stations, the following week day's early afternoon.

He is an intersting character - a staunch anti-communist who effectivey started the war between USSR and Afghanistan. Certainly he is not scared of using state violence as a tool of foreign policy.

This makes his criticism of Bush all the more pertinent - highly recommen his book "out of control".

Joshua T said:
He is an intersting character - a staunch anti-communist who effectivey started the war between USSR and Afghanistan. Certainly he is not scared of using state violence as a tool of foreign policy.

This makes his criticism of Bush all the more pertinent - highly recommen his book "out of control".
Thanks. I might check that out. I loved the interview, though I find him slightly unnecessarily aggressive toward Iran and the Soviet Union, which is not to take away from the acknowledgement that they are terribly repressive.

He articulated so much of what I had been thinking. My mother had been railing against Colin Powell before he even left the administration as guilty of supporting the War in Iraq, despite so many in the media portraying him as some shining ray of hope who was thwarted. Brzezinski asks why Powell didn't resign over the issue and instead supported the administration when he should have thought about his duty to the national and international interest and -- most of all -- human decency instead of his soldier's duty of obeying the president.

There might be streaming video on this. He talks about the performances of Bush, Sr., Clinton, and Bush, Jr. Very interesting stuff. Wish he'd had the whole hour.

UberBeaver said:
I watched the link with Scowcroft, Brezenski and Kissinger. Interesting stuff.

Now I am watching the Brezenski solo one. Excellent. Thanks for posting this.
No problemo. I found the joint interview much less satisfying. Brzezinski seemed much more restrained and conservative around those two. The talk a lot about problems among Muslim nations, but don't even mention Israel's historic and continuing transgressions.

I hate Kissinger. Scowcroft is interesting. He started publishing articles in the lead up to war in Iraq, and Bush senior discouraged him, and -- in the interests of loyalty and friendship -- Scowcroft silenced his criticism of the administration. Very disappointing.

UberBeaver said:
I prefered his solo interview myself. I don't understand why Kissinger is still relevant. It seems like everything he gets involved with goes to shit.
True. He's held in such high esteem, despite the terrible things he's done and terrible things he's allowed other regimes he's supported to do, based on his hierarchical view of humanity. He even supported Bush or certainly didn't do anything to forcefully dissuade him, from what I recall.

A_Wanderer said:
I think he represents the antithesis of neoconservatism.

Supposedly, but they all seem to get along so well with their hierarchical vision for the world. They're all manipulative uncaring bastards.

Back
Top Bottom