"Your Mommy Kills Animals"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I disagree with their tactics, although I'm not so sure Headache-style violence is the way to go...

This actually reminds me of a group of pro-lifers who thought it would be a great idea to stand outside schools and churches holding placards and handing out leaflets with *extremely* graphic pro-life images on them.

FizzingWhizzbees said:

This actually reminds me of a group of pro-lifers who thought it would be a great idea to stand outside schools and churches holding placards and handing out leaflets with *extremely* graphic pro-life images on them.

:|

A few years ago, I was picking my older son up from school and in the backseat was my youngest and one of his friends...they were maybe 10 or 11 at the time. As we made our way to the driveway to pull out of the school, I looked to my left and noticed a group of pro-life demonstrators on the sidewalk and as my car neared the driveway, they ran up and put an 8 foot high poster depicting one of those extremely graphic images up to window of my car, right where my 10 year old son was sitting. I was stuck in the driveway because of cross traffic and had nowhere to go so all I could do was tell him not to look.

These kinds of tactics piss me off to no end...let ME do the parenting of my own children please. I understand PETA's mission to protect animals and but I totally disagree with the way they carry out some of their campaigns.

PETA are left-wing extremists, although not as extreme as the Earth Liberation Front (ELF).

I really think they've quite lost all their credibility in the last few years.

Melon

nbcrusader said:
Actually, pro-life images are pictures of babies. Pro-abortion images are pictures of mutilated fetuses.

:huh: I've never in my life seen a pro-choice campaign that used pictures of aborted fetuses. I would think it would be a phenomally unsuccessful tactic.

FizzingWhizzbees said:
:huh: I've never in my life seen a pro-choice campaign that used pictures of aborted fetuses. I would think it would be a phenomally unsuccessful tactic.

Agreed. I've never heard of pro-choice people doing that, either.

Anywho...yeah...this isn't exactly screaming brilliance on PETA's part. I've never understood why people would want to wear fur, either, but...I dunno, to each their own, I guess. This isn't the way to try and stop people from wearing it.

Angela

I think that is in poor taste...it's disturbing.

PETA hates me anyway though. I have a fur coat.

FizzingWhizzbees said:

Sorry if my comment was confusing. It was part sarcasm - part reality. Of course pro-choice campaigns would not want to show the results of abortion.

melon said:
PETA are left-wing extremists, although not as extreme as the Earth Liberation Front (ELF).

I really think they've quite lost all their credibility in the last few years.

Melon
well, if this is anything to go by then I agree with you

this borders on lunatic behaviour

nbcrusader said:
Sorry if my comment was confusing. It was part sarcasm - part reality. Of course pro-choice campaigns would not want to show the results of abortion.

But surely pro-life campaigners shouldn't wish to show those pictures to young children, which was the point I was making in my first post. You were one of the first to condemn PETA's tactics so I assume you don't think it's acceptable for a pro-life group to act in the same way?

I'm afraid these people will use any tactic to get their point across, no matter who it hurts or offends. If they are so worried about the treatment of animals, why are they so cavalier about the people they traumatize with their violent imagery? We're animals, too.

FizzingWhizzbees said:
But surely pro-life campaigners shouldn't wish to show those pictures to young children, which was the point I was making in my first post. You were one of the first to condemn PETA's tactics so I assume you don't think it's acceptable for a pro-life group to act in the same way?

Correct. I don't think young children should be the target of pictures of aborted fetuses.

Hi, Denver Post!

PETA's tactics often do more harm than good. People then just look at the whole issue as a crazy one...I'll never forget them attacking Dreamworks for their logo of a child fishing. Honestly. :|
For every lovely, sensitive ad featuring Goran Visnjic and his pug, they do something repulsive.

I would never wear real fur, but I would have some harsh words for anyone who would hand this flyer to a child.

Back
Top Bottom